People who aren't effected by morphine

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A real interesting paper on those who aren't effected by taking morphine.

A friend of mine recently discovered it has no impact on the pain he's feeling.

From the paper:

Dr Riley claims there's a wide range of reactions to taking morphine;
it's very random. Some feel absolutely nothing; almost an immediate general annoyance to all things. Then there are others who feel euphoric when on it. On the one hand there's a dull thud while on the other it's like the brain lights up and the mind hovers outside the body.. much like the feeling of getting your dick sucked alittle too long after you've already gone. We're only beginning to delve further into the jaws of this mystery

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15952009/

I’m one of those. I got morphine after a serious knee dislocation. I could never feel any pain relief from the morphine. They said they had given me the max amount they were comfortable giving. I didn’t feel funny even. Might as well have given me a glass of water.

Never had it but I had dilaudid during a hospital stay. It was pretty good feeling for about 5 minutes or so

Same with Alcohol. I don't go crazy when I drink. I just get diarrhea a 12 hours later.

Allergy medicine too. Some of them don't work. The only ones that work for me are Fexofenadine, and Singulair. And it only barely works. I still get sniffles.

I had a percocet after a knee surgery and it didn't do anything for me. Then I told my mom they don't work and I made a joke about selling them at school and she flushed them down the toilet. That was 10 years ago and my last encounter with any kind of pain killer.

I've never had anything stronger than ibuprofen, and I've only had that a couple dozen times. My dad had an insane tolerance with pain meds though. I couldn't make out everything on his med sheet, but at one time he was prescribed/taking morphine, oxy's, and methodone at the same time, probably more pain meds I wasn't aware of then as well.

Never had it but I had dilaudid during a hospital stay. It was pretty good feeling for about 5 minutes or so

I had dilaudid once for a kidney stone. Nearly killed me. I lost motor function and passed out. Then when I came to I rambled about Birds for an hour

I had dilaudid once for a kidney stone. Nearly killed me. I lost motor function and passed out. Then when I came to I rambled about Birds for an hour
Dilaudid is great for pain but can make some people loopy. It works better than morphine and lasts a decent while. Fentanyl is great for ridiculous severe pain but it’s very short lived and isn’t routinely given on regular hospital floors.

Back