People Thought Chael Would Beat Fedor...

That fight was sloppy as hell. They both looked terrible. Chael had his back and tried such a silly back-take. He should have kept position in my opinion. He also looked like he just gave up. Fedor looked like he got tired, and just looked slow. That was not impressive to me at all....
Agreed. When Bader stepped into the right - the difference between the two fighters is huge. Bader looked big, strong, young, fresh - Fedor looked out of it after less than a round. In Fedor's prime - it always felt like he could keep going even after 20 minutes of intense fighting (Pride days). Right now.... he could go full speed for 2 minutes and then his energy reserves seriously crash. And in this fight I noticed his gut starting to look like that on Nelson's. Fedor was never Mr. Olympia, but his gut size wasn't too bad - it's starting to look bigger with each fight. Though.... I was impressed how he managed to escape Chael's dominant position one time, even when Chael didn't screw up. In other words, his gut is not yet impeding his maneuverability - it only does massive damage to his cardio.

So fedor just sealed it PRIDE>UFC

It will hurt you when Fedor hits you. Doesn't matter where he lands it will hurt like crazy.

I feel like I'm always trying to defend Fedor vs. his own fans who say he's too old and has no chance.
Because he looks old and slow and tired.

I love Fedor, but Bader is a terrible fight for him. I fear we're going to see Bader vs Lil Nog type of fight.

I love Fedor, but Bader is a terrible fight for him. I fear we're going to see Bader vs Lil Nog type of fight.
I'm talking Mir and Sonnen too though. Bader is just the next one where it's like they can't see all Fedor's strengths and his opponent's flaws.

Everyone has been saying Fedor will lose this whole tournament. It was like a forgone conclusion that Mir was going to beat him. Then he didn't last 1 minute. Then everyone said Chael was going to control him for 3 rounds. Chael didn't last 1 round. Mir and Chael are good fighters, Fedor is just motivated, and even at 42 has GOAT level abilities.

Bader KO power is the real threat men, Fedor can't take shit these days... i will be scared as fuck if Fedor gets hit flush.
Bader overworking him and taking him down at least will be merciful.
Gonna hope for a miracle.

I said before the fight I just don't see how Sonnen wins at all. Doesn't have the speed or power to hurt Fedor standing and I didn't think he could take him down. I'm surprised Sonnen didn't get KO'd from those shots he took and a little surprised he did get Fedor down and even had his back. I will say though when he had Fedor's back and then just flipped himself over that was kinda sketchy...
I remember that you said it, bc I said it too.

Everyone has been saying Fedor will lose this whole tournament. It was like a forgone conclusion that Mir was going to beat him. Then he didn't last 1 minute. Then everyone said Chael was going to control him for 3 rounds. Chael didn't last 1 round. Mir and Chael are good fighters, Fedor is just motivated, and even at 42 has GOAT level abilities.
QFT

Bader KO power is the real threat men, Fedor can't take shit these days... i will be scared as fuck if Fedor gets hit flush.
Bader overworking him and taking him down at least will be merciful.
Gonna hope for a miracle.
Agreed. I was on the fence about him beating Mir before that fight. We have seen what Mir did to Nog and Crocop, Fedor's two biggest rivals. I didn't think he would have an issue with Chael at all, like a ton of people did. But I believe Bader has grown as a fighter and is in his prime and is one of the best 205+ fighters in the world. I don't expect Fedor to have a good night, unless it is a goodnight punch.

Still pulling for him though. He may be old, and slow, and tired, but he's still game. Bader has been intimidated by opponents before and lost before the fight even happened (Rumble), so that is a real possibility when you're going up against the GOAT HW.

Can't wait to see how it plays out...

Last edited:
The suspect somersault was a back take where the dude is supposed to somersault with you. Chaels technique and Fedors fat stopped the move from working properly.

That's a cute thread to make after the fact.

The suspect somersault was a back take where the dude is supposed to somersault with you. Chaels technique and Fedors fat stopped the move from working properly.
How would u explain the ending then? Chael was holding on to fedor's legs, gets hit by a couple of baby hammerfists, leaves the leg and just turtles up on the ground, gets hit by a few more. Does not even try to move, as soon as the fights is stopped, gets up like nothing has happened to him.

How would u explain the ending then? Chael was holding on to fedor's legs, gets hit by a couple of baby hammerfists, leaves the leg and just turtles up on the ground, gets hit by a few more. Does not even try to move, as soon as the fights is stopped, gets up like nothing has happened to him.
Because he quit.

Not everyone waits till they’re half dead for a fight to be stopped. He was in a shit position and turtled to signify he was done. He’s already rich and doesn’t need any more brain damage for some shitty discount heavyweight title.

Chael has always been an entertainer before a fighter.

Fedor had survived everything Chael threw at him. He was getting clobbered on the feet, got Judo thrown while trying to take Fedor down, and when he finally got him down he got swept when he fucked up his transition. He basically realized that he gave it his best and nothing worked.

He was like Gary Goodridge, he decided to live to fight another day, only he refused to tap.

As already stated several times, when Chael throws his best at an opponent and nothing is working, he gives up. It's nothing new.

Back