People talking like Rockhold is the uncrowned champ/world beater

lmao the fuck he did.

Romero had probably a couple minutes of top control he didn't do much with after losing the first round. He won with one crazy strike that was not in any way grappling based. Luke's top control over two rounds was the beating of a lifetime and Weidman has never looked the same since.

Luke reversed Weidman, slick move but it's not the same as Romero stuffing Weidman and then ragdolling him and taking his back like no one else can:
RigidHiddenAss-size_restricted.gif

This was more impressive, plus it was a fresh Weidman not when he was gassing out in the 3rd against Luke who struggled with Weidman's wrestling the whole fight up to that point.

If Yoel decides to wrestle Luke and man handle him, it is what's going to happen. It's not a matter of if. It's all about what Romero decides.

The Weidman that ragdolled KG would easily sub Rockhold.

It's so disrespectful to the Chris since he's not getting the title shot.

Old Jacare, Older Machida, and Damaged Goods Weidman (still our boy)

30 year old Jacare, 3-1 Lyoto only losing to undefeated then champion, and damaged goods? Damaged from what? His 13-0 record?

yoel tougher matchup for him than robert

Old Jacare, Older Machida, and Damaged Goods Weidman (still our boy)
Old? In strikeforce? Really? Didn't machida just beat Gegard? And weidman is still top 5 hands down.

If you don't like Luke that's fine.

Think he an arrogant prick? Yep that's fine

Deny the guy is world class in mma??? That's just full retard.
He's a top 5 mw right now for sure but like I said I don't think he's the most skilled or the best fighter like a lot of people are making him out to be

He's a top 5 mw right now for sure but like I said I don't think he's the most skilled or the best fighter like a lot of people are making him out to be
You statement can be made of all the top 5 fighters in damn near every weight class.

It get merky in the top of the food chain always.

His ground game is on another level in the whole of mma

Sherpuppy logic:

Whittaker is scary because yoel/Jacare/Brunson/ Hall are bald, tanned & scary.

Rockhold is not scary because Weidman/ Bisping 1/ Kennedy have great hair.

Cain is not scary because he beat bigfoot/rothwell/browne.

Ngannou is scary because he beat Arvloski/Reem.

Longest finishing streak in MW history.

Beat Weidman when it mattered and outgrappled him as well.

Clearly took Bisping lightly and nobody would have picked Bisping for good reason had there been an immediate trilogy.

Thrashed Machida when it mattered.

Schooled Jacare and proved his conditioning.

Ran through Boestch and Costas like hot knife through butter like an elite fighter should.

Schooled a clearly juiced Kennedy proving his conditioning once again.

If he didn't flop against Mike he would be on an extremely impressive win streak and more than likely finish streak.

His game is basic but effective and vicious none the less.
I'd have to watch the Jacare / Kennedy fights back again but from what I remember they were both close lackluster fights, wouldn't necessarily call it schooling someone. Machida was coming off of steroids, a loss and a victory in a stylistically favourable fight against CB Dolloway. Luke had those 2 easy opponents before the 1st Bisping fight and I think the way that fight ended people just expected Mike to get smoked again, as I already said I think they match up a lot closer than their fights suggest.

You statement can be made of all the top 5 fighters in damn near every weight class.

It get merky in the top of the food chain always.
there isn't another guy in another division who people are saying is far and away the best without having proved it

I'd have to watch the Jacare / Kennedy fights back again but from what I remember they were both close lackluster fights, wouldn't necessarily call it schooling someone. Machida was coming off of steroids, a loss and a victory in a stylistically favourable fight against CB Dolloway. Luke had those 2 easy opponents before the 1st Bisping fight and I think the way that fight ended people just expected Mike to get smoked again, as I already said I think they match up a lot closer than their fights suggest.

They were definiely not close the rounds were very clear cut and the rounds they took vs Luke were because of control and they struggled to keep a young inexperienced Luke down.

Machida had only lost once at MW to the 13-0 champion and even took rounds from him. Luke destroyed him and severely concussed him before subbing the BJJ black belt after controlling him on the ground almost effortlessly.

It was clear Luke had the better of Mike. The first fight Luke lazily walked around the octagon going for a stepping in jab that he never does and paid for it badly.

It's the shot that you don't see that will rock you/KO you and that's what happened.

Nobody with a brain would pick Bisping had there been an immediate trilogy.

Rockhold is a beast just about everywhere but he can be tagged while standing (really needs to tighten that up) and his chin will continue to regress because of this.I also see him ascending to 205 cause he's such a huge middleweight and he's already been vocal on how big of a pain in the ass it is to make 185..... in fact, if he doesn't win 185 title- I see him msk8ng move sooner than later.
If you put him in cage with heavies that are under 245, he probably wouldn't look out of place

He is quite lucky imo, Whittaker would have given him another knockout loss. But fighting Romero is likely to do the same...

It could be because ever since he was crowned champion and took on a guy who arguably didn't deserve a shot on short notice, the belt has been on a magic carpet ride of unbelievable bullshit ever since. And now we have a chance to go back to that point and hit reset on all that bullshit.

They were definiely not close the rounds were very clear cut and the rounds they took vs Luke were because of control and they struggled to keep a young inexperienced Luke down.

Machida had only lost once at MW to the 13-0 champion and even took rounds from him. Luke destroyed him and severely concussed him before subbing the BJJ black belt after controlling him on the ground almost effortlessly.

It was clear Luke had the better of Mike. The first fight Luke lazily walked around the octagon going for a stepping in jab that he never does and paid for it badly.

It's the shot that you don't see that will rock you/KO you and that's what happened.

Nobody with a brain would pick Bisping had there been an immediate trilogy.
He damaged Mikes eye with a headbutt and then opened up on him, Mike made the proper adjustments after the 1st fight he came out and instead of circling and fighting at a kicking range he got in to punching distance, planted and ktfo Luke. His high output and much better boxing with the right game plan will give Luke fits

Yeah he's tall, has a strong left kick, good grappling, and he beat the guy who beat the guy, but I dont understand everyone saying Mike hit the lottery or whatever, I guess people were writing Mike off based on their 1st fight but I think those 2 match up a lot closer than their results suggest. Just looking for some insight as to why people act like he's God sent, what do you know that I don't?

Rockhold isn't the undisputed best, but Bisping in fact did hit the lottery.

It could be because ever since he was crowned champion and took on a guy who arguably didn't deserve a shot on short notice, the belt has been on a magic carpet ride of unbelievable bullshit ever since. And now we have a chance to go back to that point and hit reset on all that bullshit.
Mike gets a lot of heat for fighting Dan and Georges but nobody says anything about how Luke and I can quote him on this chose to fight Bisping instead of Jacare, only difference is Bisping didn't get knocked out in the 1st round by his hand picked opponent lol

Back