People saying that dern is faking her accent... smh

FrenchHeavyWeight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
seriously how dumb dumb u are?

She just spends a lot of times with Brazilians people.
Plus her first language is Portuguese!

giphy.gif

I asked in another one of these fucking threads where people were making fun of her accent or whatever. What is the issue? She's fucking speaks Portuguese. And her English is perfect. What is the fucking issue? when and where did this start and why? I am not even a fan of her but I just don't understand this line.

I missed your broken English threads bro. I really did.

I was getting worried when you hadn’t trolled in a whole two weeks

This video pretty much refutes everything you are saying. Im not sure why she would feel the need to do this other than maybe just selling better to a Brazilian crowd but there is obviously something going on.

The argument comes from people who do not understand the evolution of accents in language which is often unique and specific to some more than others. Same reason some people can pick up specific languages better than others. It depends on the person. Some can drop an accent for preference of another language if they speak it enough and it can happen in as little as one year. My mother did this in Spanish and her perfect spanish quickly faded when English came into the mix and then she forever spoke Spanish with an English accent. Same type of situation with Dern. People who say she's faking it are speaking out of ignorance because they have never seen it before and they jump to conclusions.

If I went to live in FRANCE for a couple years and came back with a thick ass French accent, yes people would think I was fucking retarded and faking it.

You can go to a foreign ENGLISH speaking country and pick up a slight accent after many many years of living there. But NO, you can't pick up a very specific foreign accent from living in a country where they DON'T speak English after a couple years of living there.

And OP, you're wrong. English is her first language , although she now states she feels as though Portuguese today is her first language. While you are correct that she has spent a lot of time the last couple years with Brazilian people, she spent a lot of time speaking Portuguese with them, not ENGLISH.

I asked in another one of these fucking threads where people were making fun of her accent or whatever. What is the issue? She's fucking speaks Portuguese. And her English is perfect. What is the fucking issue? when and where did this start and why? I am not even a fan of her but I just don't understand this line.

Watch the video TS posted and it may shed light on your questions.

If she starts pronouncing R's as H's...

“Identity politics is bullshit” says shertard obsessed with being ‘Murican.

Back