people say stipe is much better than Sylvia but..

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I see people say that Stipe is the greatest HW of all time (I agree) and that Sylvia didnt beat as good a guys as Stipe.

BUT...what about losses?

Going by their prime, Sylvia lost to Arlovski (ufc champ future HOF),

And Mir (former champ future HOF)

While Stipe lost to Struve (reacurring top 10, never fought for the title probably not getting into HOF.)

So while Stipe has 1 more title defense, he has lost to a worse fighter than Sylvia.

2vw8qph.jpg

Thanks to Tim Sylvia, we've got delusional Floyd/boxing fanboys who think that he has a good chance to beat Conor in MMA.....

Tim Syliva is the most underrated heavyweight of all time, but he's no where near Miocic

Ok, so now we're comparing Stipe Miocic to Tim Sylvia?

thats-enough-internet-for-today-gif-10.gif

It's like comparing a Mercedes C class from 2010 and Mercedes C class from 2017. Both of them were fine at their time, but the world has moved on. MMA developed.

Sylvia is not Fedor - who in such comparison would be some sort of AMG special edition - great even in 100 years.

So meh. No Sylvia is not comparable to Stipe. Stipe would kill him.

The Mir that beat Tim isn't any better than Struve.

Mir had a wicked ground game but was average at best everywhere else. Mediocre stand up, wrestling and abysmal cardio. Plus he folded faster than a lawn chair.

If Tim hadn't been stupid he should have wiped the floor with Mir.

Mir made a great progression through his career but honestly back in the day he just wasn't very good. IIRC the only reason he got the title shot was because AA busted his hand on Cabbages granite chin.

I see people say that Stipe is the greatest HW of all time (I agree) and that Sylvia didnt beat as good a guys as Stipe.

BUT...what about losses?

While Stipe lost to Struve (reacurring top 10, never fought for the title probably not getting into HOF.)

So while Stipe has 1 more title defense, he has lost to a worse fighter than Sylvia.
This is a joke riiiiight?

Prime Sylvia would be a tough fight for anyone. 50/50 with Stipe. Would easily KO guys like Lesnar and Carwin. Would get mauled by small guys like Cain and DC tho...

Sylvia has 3 decent wins. Rothwell, Ricco, Arlo. Maybe I am forgetting someone.

Stipe has wins over Santos, Reem, Hunt, Werdum, Roy, Arlo, Gonzaga, Ngannou.

Sylvia lost to Abe Wagner, a can compared to Struve, who is in UFC for almost a decade and still, a tough ranked fighter.

Prime Sylvia would be a tough fight for anyone. 50/50 with Stipe. Would easily KO guys like Lesnar and Carwin. Would get mauled by small guys like Cain and DC tho...

Go back to sleep son, from now on have some tea before going to bed. You going to feel better in the morning and you wont ever post dumb shit like this again for sure.

BUT...what about losses?

meh. cain is way ahead.
if stipe beat sea level cain the he's great.

It's like comparing a Mercedes C class from 2010 and Mercedes C class from 2017. Both of them were fine at their time, but the world has moved on. MMA developed.

Sylvia is not Fedor - who in such comparison would be some sort of AMG special edition - great even in 100 years.

Fedor is more like a used Corolla.

Older cars are sturdier. Give me pure steel over the fiberplastic deathtraps they make now.

Had a Suzuki and the damn thing needed a sail to keep from blowing away on the freeway

Fedor is more like a used Corolla.

Now yea. But comparing prime Fedor to prime any HW he is special.

So taking this game further.

Frank Mir and Fedor April fight is like used Golf II be used Corolla?

Tim Sylvia belongs in the hof. He was the champ in every sense of the word. He beat the best that were in front of him, he looked the part, he carried himself as champion. It's the UFC hype machine that polluted his reputation for being really the 1st 1 to say f u to Dana and go to another org for more money. Take away 3 lucky punches (fedor, Abe, mercer) and he goes down as the best ever (or at least in the conversation). Heavyweight division, everyone has a punches chance and he had some bad luck at the end

Back