People donating money on YouTube super chat just to have their comments highlighted

It's a weird phenomena.
There is an app that does this. You basically host your own little chat room and people can come into your room and see your live stream.They can send you 'beans', which is money basically.
I have a couple of my friends that do it, and I see them getting paid to just do nothing but have on the app while they're cooking, or reading..lol and people send them money to try and get their attention.
One of my attractive female friends does it, and she'll be out with me sometimes, and have her stream on, and these guys are still sending money even when she's hanging with other dudes.
I can't imagine what they would pay if she auctioned off some used panties or something.
Guys can be dumb as shit when girls are involved.
its weird

there is also this channel that has a camera on 24/7 o their pet cats and people donate like crazy, the guy has money coming in from Japanese people who like watching cats.

Another guy does slot machine videos and his fans are from Japan because they cannot gamble in Japan on slots they watch his youtube videos and donate on his patreon before he censored the money earnings and made it private, his patreon had $15k a month.

He would say a name of a patreon who donated and asked him to play a specific and film it

its easy money for real but the hard part is getting popular.

No wonder his "analysis"were always longer than the actual fights. Sucks when your only reliable cash cow left is Theodorou.
lol hey you cant blame Firas man gotta make that paper he would be stupid not to take advantage of the super chat.

People have the wrong view point on these things. It's the internet being used as a distribution tool

You know how people tend to complain how media content is designed by committee to be as generic as possible to appeal to the masses? And how they also then say they'd be willing to pay for some more niche and unique that would only cater to much narrower tastes?

What internet commerce in this fashion has enabled is to decentralize content creation in a way to cater to the above. There is now a system in place to let capitalism do it's work.

Athletes make money attending expos, fan signings, "after parties," and magazine deals in the past. All your doing with these internet mediums is along the lines of the same thing.

Modern society and the stuff we do for validation. Sad af.

I just watched Firas recent chat and he had a lot of people donated 5 dollars and 10 dollars, I didn't watch the entire show because it was long but Im pretty sure he made around 300 for this chat not too shabby

I like it. Let's you support a person directly that you enjoy listening to.
After Youtube takes their 50%. Patreon appears to be the best way to give money to content creators, they charge 10%.

He basically talks about stuff about health and fitness, he isn't super popular probably has like 10 to 15k subs

But as I was listening to him answer the questions I saw some stuff pop up and it was subs paying like $5 or $10 bucks the most was $20 bucks donation just to get their comment highlighted

I didn't think anything, I thought its just some fake money then when I was finished with my workout I saw he got about $450 dollars worth of money donations for an hour long chat
Holy crap. I might have to try this now on my channel lol.

EDIT: The fitness guy might be a streamer on Twitch though also, a lot of people who have small Youtube subscriber numbers but big interaction usually get it because they are big on another platform.

Holy crap. I might have to try this now on my channel lol.

EDIT: The fitness guy might be a streamer on Twitch though also, a lot of people who have small Youtube subscriber numbers but big interaction usually get it because they are big on another platform.
Could be you need to do it man thats extra cash and it all adds up, are you earning good on your youtube?

Could be you need to do it man thats extra cash and it all adds up, are you earning good on your youtube?
I took a few months off from posting because I had several family members die this year and other stuff. But in terms of adsense I got a nice little stream of revenue from it. I'm talking to one of the viewers now about streaming ideas.

I took a few months off from posting because I had several family members die this year and other stuff. But in terms of adsense I got a nice little stream of revenue from it. I'm talking to one of the viewers now about streaming ideas.

Thats terrible news brother, I hope you holding up emotionally.

I was fast forwarding to a couple super chat live streams, and I saw someone actually donate 100 bucks on one.

I tallied up one of them and the person mad 975 dollars hot dam for a 40 minute live stream he wasn't even showing his face just talking about sports.

tenor.gif

Firas Zahabi did a chat about Khabib vs. Conor, and people were paying $50 just so he would see their comments. That is some truly sad shit.
I use YT often, but most of the channels I subscribed to, because of their once great content, are mainly doing livestreams now. I'd probably enjoy a livestream before these superchats, but half the time it's basically them answering retarded questions by people paying to have them read.

I dont blame them for accepting them, as YT demonitizes anything these days, but a guy like Firas never used YT as a source of income. His livestreams used to be great.

I actually remember when he got his first superchat, he felt uneasy about it, saying "I'm not sure how I feel about superchats", but the money must be too good lol

One guy I like listening to, in a non livestream fashion, is Stephan Molyneux. He has a great voice for falling asleep to. He's all over these superchats. He rubs his hands when they come in, like he's tossing dice in Vegas lol

It's total cancer

Featured Comment:

A lot of people are really stupid and desperate for attention.

I use YT often, but most of the channels I subscribed to, because of their once great content, are mainly doing livestreams now. I'd probably enjoy a livestream before these superchats, but half the time it's basically them answering retarded questions by people paying to have them read.

I dont blame them for accepting them, as YT demonitizes anything these days, but a guy like Firas never used YT as a source of income. His livestreams used to be great.

I actually remember when he got his first superchat, he felt uneasy about it, saying "I'm not sure how I feel about superchats", but the money must be too good lol

One guy I like listening to, in a non livestream fashion, is Stephan Molyneux. He has a great voice for falling asleep to. He's all over these superchats. He rubs his hands when they come in, like he's tossing dice in Vegas lol

It's total cancer

Dude you ever see those things come up and some of them are insane amounts of money like 100 to 200 bucks

I looked at a couple of popular youtubers super chats and some of them are clearing a couple thousand dollars per chat.

Its a great way to make money you would be a fool not to capitalize on it, I cant blame them take advantage of all financial avenues because you never know when that money dries up

Jordan Peterson makes $120,000 a month off his Patreon donation subscribers, combine that with the adsense he earns off his youtube, and the super chats he does, dude is rolling in dough and more power too him If I were to guess how much he makes a month Id say anywhere from 500k to 700k a month easily.

How much does youtube take though dont they get a percentage of super chat donations?

I don't want to drop this persons channel but I was watching some live stream chat he had it for like an hour and 15 minutes. I saw the alert on my phone and I put it on my iPad while I use the treadmill

He basically talks about stuff about health and fitness, he isn't super popular probably has like 10 to 15k subs

But as I was listening to him answer the questions I saw some stuff pop up and it was subs paying like $5 or $10 bucks the most was $20 bucks donation just to get their comment highlighted

I didn't think anything, I thought its just some fake money then when I was finished with my workout I saw he got about $450 dollars worth of money donations for an hour long chat

I look it up and its real money people are paying just to get a comment highlighted.

Dude made 450 dollars in one hour lol doing basically nothing but chat with subscribers.

Talk about easy money. but it baffles me how someone would pay 20 bucks or more just to have their comment highlights for a minute.

I looked deeper into this and 450 dollars is nothing compared to some of these bigger channels who do live chats, a lot of the female youtubers who have male fans like those cosplays earn a lot off superchat as well combine with their patreon donations and their adsense.

I think some of the UFC fighters should get on this, especially Cat Zingano and those females hard up for cash they could easily earn a grand for 90 minute live chat on youtube.

This guy made $4000 in 90 minutes on youtube super chat all from donations while playing video games
YouTube Star Typical Gamer Earns Close To $4,000 In First Super Chat Live Stream
https://www.tubefilter.com/2017/01/20/typical-gamer-super-chat-live-stream/
Shows you how much people want to be noticed.

Youtube and all these social media outlets, lets you have a view of all the people that aren't good enough to be on TV.

Dude you ever see those things come up and some of them are insane amounts of money like 100 to 200 bucks

I looked at a couple of popular youtubers super chats and some of them are clearing a couple thousand dollars per chat.

Its a great way to make money you would be a fool not to capitalize on it, I cant blame them take advantage of all financial avenues because you never know when that money dries up

Jordan Peterson makes $120,000 a month off his Patreon donation subscribers, combine that with the adsense he earns off his youtube, and the super chats he does, dude is rolling in dough and more power too him If I were to guess how much he makes a month Id say anywhere from 500k to 700k a month easily.

How much does youtube take though dont they get a percentage of super chat donations?
YT definitely gets a cut, it's brilliant. They were getting a lot of pressure from advertisers, and lost some big partners a few years ago, which is why they slashed revenue sharing and demomitize so many youtubers. This is a smart way to end their reliance on advertising, and go straight to the viewers pockets.

I never imagined there would be so much money in preying on people's need to feel important in this format.

It would be interesting to how they are making in total on these superchats, same for twitch. There are so many half naked women on twitch raking in crazy dough from viewers in the same fashion. They dont even pretend to play videogames anymore lol

Back