People are crazy

Look at the thread about the guy who got his car kicked. People were saying they'd head stomp on the guy. Look at road rage incidents. People can turn nuts really quickly.
Keep your nose clean guys. You never know when that guy you step to just has nothing to lose.

"The world is crazy, but that doesn't include me"

~ The Illusion

"The world is crazy, so I prefer to be alone because that minimizes to one the crazy people I have to hang with."

~ The Reality

I used to work with this guy Castro, he seemed like a cool guy. I knew he had a bad temper but we worked in a hostile environment. Anyways, about 5 years ago I'm watching the news and the same guy flipped out and threw his wife out of a moving car and killed her. I was mind blown....Bottom line----People are Crazy

My girlfriends dad sits in his house with his gun on him at all times. Basically praying someone breaks in so he can shoot them.

It's like been his lifelong fantasy to kill a bad guy.

Well yeah, a black guy would have his gat tucked in his pants, amirite?
You are one of the best posters on here lol and you are right...............Trying to remember what the percentage is of murders with handguns per race to back you up but its significant.

When the fantasy of the good gun-toting citizen to combat the bad gun-toting citizen goes predictably awry.

At least he did not kill a stripper. That is never cool.

2nd amendment aint no good without the proper training, and know how.

This co-worker needed to be more careful. He obviously trying to be a hero, but it backfired. I wonder why we aint hearing about this on MSM. Is perfect for the liberal narrative.

Honestly this, I love my dad to death, but my dad fits this profile to a T. We were never a "gun family", then my brother got one, took my dad shooting, and he bought one. Then all of a sudden my dad thinks he's Clint Eastwood or some shit

My mom told me a couple weeks ago, that they came home one Saturday night, to find ash from a fire, at recently moved in neighbors house, was all over my parents new car. My dad got pissed and went over there, they had words, and my dad came back to the house, got his gun, and went back. She said she heard more yelling, and then he came home. They live in the country, so nothing came from it.

My dad was always one to stand up for himself and his family, but he was never "Billy Badass" and did shit like that. I'm hoping he chills out with the Dirty Harry complex, so I don't end up hearing about my 58 year old father shooting someone, or getting shot himself over something stupid.

Hey Todd,
Is this you? If yes, shut the fuck up with our family secrets.

Sincerely yours
Billy BadAss

Things can escalate quickly.

About 7 years ago I was stopped in traffic and the guy beside got mad at me jumped out of his truck saying he was going to kick the crap out of me.

I jumped out my car cause I was thinking I am at a position of disadvantage if I got this big fella outside my door and cursed the guy out a bit and luckily he stopped in his tracks and didn't try to fight me.

BUT that could have gotten ugly. I was training for an MMA fight at the time and I had a gun concealed on me. I never once thought about pulling it when he was coming at me to fight but man if it turns physical you never know what can happen. Cause that is a potential gun fight.. what if my gun got loose if we're fighting? What if he knocks me out sees my gun and takes it?

A lot of things crossed my mind after that incident that I never know thought of before but just carrying a gun already escalates a situation that might not ever reach that level if one doesn't even carry. On the same token- when you need a gun you'll be thankful you have one... but most situations aren't that black and white.

"The good guy with the gun".

(I'm neither pro or anti gun, just a joke).
Actually I train with guns a lot and the good guy with a gun scenario scares me. Most people have no clue how to handle a weapon. Yes, even with their weekend concealed carry class.

A former coworker of mine (this was about 15 years ago), was a suspect in the disappearance of his wife. She was found dead out in a field, and he got a promotion. Good times.

Actually I train with guns a lot and the good guy with a gun scenario scares me. Most people have no clue how to handle a weapon. Yes, even with their weekend concealed carry class.

How scary to think of the proposal to arm teachers.

How scary to think of the proposal to arm teachers.
I think that is just rhetoric. Teachers need to concentrate on doing their jobs not being some security personnel. I think it’s just a way to discuss and get more armed security in schools. I don’t know how I feel about that either, but that is not a discussion for this thread.

Hopefully you've never pissed this coworker off.

Look at the thread about the guy who got his car kicked. People were saying they'd head stomp on the guy. Look at road rage incidents. People can turn nuts really quickly.
Yeah, but this is way worse.
I get flying off the handle in the moment. Someone damages your property and you lash out.
But this dude confronted his neighbor over some dirt on his car...left the scene...had a few minutes to think about it, go home, find his gun, ..and still went back.
That's another level to me.

My girlfriends dad sits in his house with his gun on him at all times. Basically praying someone breaks in so he can shoot them.

It's like been his lifelong fantasy to kill a bad guy.

Lol does he leave expensive electronics and antiques by open windows to entice potential wrong doers?

A former coworker of mine (this was about 15 years ago), was a suspect in the disappearance of his wife. She was found dead out in a field, and he got a promotion. Good times.
I'm guessing if asked, that would probably be the best week of his life.

Honestly this, I love my dad to death, but my dad fits this profile to a T. We were never a "gun family", then my brother got one, took my dad shooting, and he bought one. Then all of a sudden my dad thinks he's Clint Eastwood or some shit

My mom told me a couple weeks ago, that they came home one Saturday night, to find ash from a fire, at recently moved in neighbors house, was all over my parents new car. My dad got pissed and went over there, they had words, and my dad came back to the house, got his gun, and went back. She said she heard more yelling, and then he came home. They live in the country, so nothing came from it.

My dad was always one to stand up for himself and his family, but he was never "Billy Badass" and did shit like that. I'm hoping he chills out with the Dirty Harry complex, so I don't end up hearing about my 58 year old father shooting someone, or getting shot himself over something stupid.
I feel like my dad is the polar opposite of your dad. He spent 22 years in the army in combat arms positions. Spent his career on multiple deployments to hostile fire zones and this dude never carries. He has a few shotties he keeps for hunting but they are in his closest unloaded.

This might not seem strange to a lot of y'all but he makes requent trips to not so nice areas for his current employer and has been in a few situations since retiring that at a minimum he should have put a piece in someone's face to persuade them from their actions at the time. Like your dad he's all about doing "the right thing" and will call other people out with zero hesitation if he sees them doing the wrong things.

He hasn't gotten into anything to crazy but I feel like it's only a matter of time before he gets involved in something way more serious and he's not going to have the tools to handle it even though he has the skills.

Back