Economy Pentagon Buries Evidence of $125,000,000,000 in Bureaucratic Waste (And Nobody Seems To Care)

It's totally offensive. We waste so much on """defense.""" It's not defense, people.

That's part of the point. Whatever "defense" is purported to be and what it actually is are inseparable if you have a coercive monopoly providing it.

the government is always inefficient and wasteful

there is no incentive for them to be efficient, in fact, its in their best interest to be wasteful and then hide the wastefulness so they can get a bigger budget, like exactly what just happened in this story

we should have a smaller government overall

Yea but lets ignore this and get mad at someone using 50$ of EBT lulz

guess how much we spend to get the $50 from the taxpayer to the person spending it

those are two separate issues anyways

Or lets look at both problems as separate issues. How about that?

You sound like the kind of guy that bitches about a stubbed toe when you are bleeding profusely from the head.

You sound like the kind of guy that bitches about a stubbed toe when you are bleeding profusely from the head.
My toe can't hurt because my head is bleeding?

Clearly the answer is to defund many other government departments and increase the military budget.

You can't drain this swamp. Nobody can.

the government is always inefficient and wasteful

there is no incentive for them to be efficient, in fact, its in their best interest to be wasteful and then hide the wastefulness so they can get a bigger budget, like exactly what just happened in this story

we should have a smaller government overall

And even leaving aside the incentive structure, its literally impossible for them to be efficient the same way any given business can. They don't have the reference signals available in a competitive market place to draw from.

Clearly the answer is to defund many other government departments and increase the military budget.

Or do both! If we acknowledge that gov't does a shit job with police, military funding, etc... why would it do an appreciably better job at anything else?

Or do both! If we acknowledge that gov't does a shit job with police, military funding, etc... why would it do an appreciably better job at anything else?
I don't know if I would go that far. I do like the philosophical angle of free will libertarianism promotes but as a whole it's too unrealistic.

Last edited:
I don't know if I would go that far. I do like the philosophical angle of free will libertarianism promotes but as whole it's too unrealistic.

I read ya. This board would be a boring place if you and others agreed with me on everything.

There must be shadow projects, and those shadow projects need to draw their funds from somewhere, and the true destination of those funds has to be obfuscated. I guess inefficiency is the more plausible, boring explanation. But come now, there must be shadow projects.

Obviously Bush's fault or Trump's based on his racist rhetoric.

This is amazing though, didn't the state department misplace 6 billion awhile ago?

It was like Obama was like something something rich or something.

This is why people don't like big government. Little accountability. Of course when it comes to collecting your taxes, they somehow rise to the occasion.

Everyone in government knows to always spend your budget + more and never admit waste.

If you don't spend it, you wont get it next year. It's a self filling trough.

This is why people don't like big government. Little accountability. Of course when it comes to collecting your taxes, they somehow rise to the occasion.

No shit.

I've been trying to straighten out taxes from 2 years ago. Someone made an error. Might have been me. Might have been them. We've spent hours on the phone with the IRS. Lots of correspondence. I'm convinced they will spend $1000 to fight for $400.

Back