Elections Pennsylvania 18th District Special Election (3/13)

99% of Westmoreland in and I'd say this is over. Lamb wins by a hair

209,756 votes, 96% reporting (571 of 593 precincts)

Lamb 49.9%

Saccone 49.5%

918 vote margin

99% Westmoreland County in (Red)
97% Allegheny Country in (Blue)

Lamb did not run as a progressive liberal, he ran as a moderate democrat. Marine, pro gun ( I believe) he appeals to the voters the democrat party has abandoned. That should be the wake up call

I agree with this actually. I shit on Republicans a lot here, but the Democrats would perform a lot better if they put guns and bathroom debates on the wayside.

Lamb did not run as a progressive liberal, he ran as a moderate democrat. Marine, pro gun ( I believe) he appeals to the voters the democrat party has abandoned. That should be the wake up call

His ads almost came off that he was running independent. A lot of the race was Saccone attack ads trying to tie Lamb to Pelosi and Lambs ads not talking about being a dem at all and saying he would work with both parties. You have to keep in mind though, even with a shift, this still was a stronghold republican district in PA. Even with a shift, the dem would be stupid to not run as a centrist.

S

washington still at 90% though

The population isn't enough for me to think it will swing enough. Obviously it's possible since no one is still calling it.

Can you imagine a recount demand when the there's another election in two months?
The guy in the stream in the OP is reporting there's no mandatory recount. Interesting wrinkle. Under normal circumstances, it would be automatic anyway, in a practical sense, but with the district change and the mid-terms, do you think they can successfully argue what a waste of resources it would be?

It's looking too like the Libertarian candidate is going to have more votes than the margin of victory.

God Bless CNN. Salty 'ol Fox News isn't even covering it.

He's also in trouble because he's opposed Unions his entire career and this is a fairly big union area.

Pa has always had socially conservative Democrats.

I believe Bob Casey Jr is pro-life.

The guy in the stream in the OP is reporting there's no mandatory recount. Interesting wrinkle. Under normal circumstances, it would be automatic anyway, in a practical sense, but with the district change and the mid-terms, do you think they can successfully argue what a waste of resources it would be?

Even as the loser, you would be better off just using it as fuel for the election in two months if you were running again. A recount in this situation just wouldn't make sense. The election itself is arguably a waste of resources.

S

washington still at 90% though
That represents at most a 300 vote pop for Saccone. Compared to ~450 in Allegheny (Lamb) and ~150 Westmoreland (Saccone), being generous. And if my math is right, which it probably isn't...

Even as the loser, you would be better off just using it as fuel for the election in two months if you were running again. A recount in this situation just wouldn't make sense. The election itself is arguably a waste of resources.
But since when did the "anything as long as it brings the liberal tears" crowd care about wasting resources?

He's also in trouble because he's opposed Unions his entire career and this is a fairly big union area.

Pa has always had socially conservative Democrats.

I believe Bob Casey Jr is pro-life.

This and yes he is or at least was for some time.

98% in Allegheny now. The margin wasn't as good. 700+ Lamb expected now..

DYNQTRkVwAEsd5S.png

Back