Pennington - 60 Days suspension

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Personally, I find the whole thing hilarious, but even more so. It looked like a witch hunt on Sherdog was on at full force, and obviously I had my own opinion on the matter, but everyone has one really, but one thing that I was rather curious about was the extent of this injury.

I could be wrong of course, but from how she looked after they cleaned up after the fight, and the fact that there is no mention of injuries or pictures on news or social media or whatever, it sounds like there wasn't much serious injury in first place. If there were, they might have tattooed it on their forehead to show it off for generations.

Could you imagine if a MALE fighter tried to quit while losing a fight in a championship fight as they were losing a fight with a possible nasal injury accompanied by some bleeding, rather one sided but in no way shape or form close to getting finished, unless you use the wmma standard of course, what the uproar would have been on here?

A coach isn't there to babysit a fighter. A coach does put their well being into consideration, but a possible nasal fracture, possible mind you, while being examined and okayed by a ring doctor and a referee inbetween rounds, while a fighter having a fully conscious choice to give up if she wants to, accompanied by some bleeding and a comment by a fighter sitting on her stool, doesn't obligate that coach to get down on their knees and suck their dick.

I saw absolutely nothing with their decision, but stupidity is all common on here or in our society, but didn't want to bother commenting on it, but oh boy, 60 days suspension huh, does this get any better than this?

The witchhunt was stupid, I mean fun while it lasted.

Last edited:
People called Penn a quitter

He was wayyyyy worse off than Pennington too

Last edited:
Eeha4h6BAHw.jpg

Penn took a beating. Pennington didn't.
I just checked out of curiosity -- Penn got a one month no contact suspension (I originally thought it was 6 months but that was something else.)

Last edited:
Imagine caring this much about a bad WMMA fight

Could you imagine if a MALE fighter tried to quit while losing a fight in a championship fight as they were losing a fight with a possible nasal injury accompanied by some bleeding, rather one sided but in no way shape or form close to getting finished, unless you use the wmma standard of course, what the uproar would have been on here?

You mean like Rumble?

I just checked out of curiosity -- Penn got a 180 day suspension (6 mo)

Wouldn't surprise me. It was a beat down.

GSP was in a top form. If BJ wasn't so confident in his bjj and played defense, he probably didn't get smashed so bad.

You mean like Rumble?

And he never did it like that. But some guys like rumble looks to me he folds under pressure.

On the other hand, we have cheaters like Sonnen who tap to strikes.

Pennington, who didn't really do anything wrong , nothing wrong with saying something, she didn't quit >>>> Rumble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonnen

To me, she didn't take a prolonged beating.

She got her leg pretty well jacked up and the nose break basically put her out of the fight. Those were the key factors. Nunes definitely wasn't doing a lot of damage with the hands for most of the fight.

We don't need much of an excuse to crucify people, though it's good to see more than a few people can see both sides of it.

Wouldn't surprise me. It was a beat down.

GSP was in a top form. If BJ wasn't so confident in his bjj and played defense, he probably didn't get smashed so bad.
Actually, I was mistaken, it was only 30 days! But that definitely doesn't mean Pennington's was worse lol those were the dark ages compared to now. 30 day suspension after that mauling OMFG

Personally, I find the whole thing hilarious, but even more so. It looked like a witch hunt on Sherdog was on at full force, and obviously I had my own opinion on the matter, but everyone has one really, but one thing that I was rather curious about was the extent of this injury.

I could be wrong of course, but from how she looked after they cleaned up after the fight, and the fact that there is no mention of injuries or pictures on news or social media or whatever, it sounds like there wasn't much serious injury in first place. If there were, they might have tattooed it on their forehead to show it off for generations.

A coach isn't there to babysit a fighter. A coach does put their well being into consideration, but a possible nasal fracture, possible mind you, while being examined and okayed by a ring doctor and a referee inbetween rounds, while a fighter having a fully conscious choice to give up if she wants to, accompanied by some bleeding and a comment by a fighter sitting on her stool, doesn't obligate that coach to get down on their knees and suck their dick.

I saw absolutely nothing with their decision, but stupidity is all common on here or in our society, but didn't want to bother commenting on it, but oh boy, 60 days suspension huh, does this get any better than this?

The witchhunt was stupid, I mean fun while it lasted.
Cornering is a different job than coaching. They are their to protect her as much as coach her.

We have seen guys give up on the stool.

At the end of the day, it's the fighter's decision. She stood up, looked them in the eyes and said she wanted out. That is the end of the story.

Pennington wasn't being wish-washy. She wasn't looking for a kick in the behind to motivate her. She didn't want to be hit anymore. The doctor saying she is physically okay to fight doesn't mean she is mentally okay to fight. And it was obvious considering she went on to get beat on more.

No one thinks they should be arrested. But it was a poor decision.

Back