Penmanship - How to improve your handwriting

I took a bunch of art classes to meet some requirements and it was hilarious, I sucked at art, they made me hand a show from a string inside a box and shine lights on it and I had to draw that fucking thing.

Literally everybody in the class did better than me and were actual artists, I did dick out a hot freshmen art chick from that class though, took her to a party at the ultimate frisbee teams house.

The funny thing is she would never talk to me in front of the other art :eek::eek::eek:s but she would always call me or show up at my place late at night.

Terrible handwriting here... mainly because im impatient

If i took my time id probably have nice handwriting...but it literally means fuck all in my field of work

I took a bunch of art classes to meet some requirements and it was hilarious, I sucked at art, they made me hand a show from a string inside a box and shine lights on it and I had to draw that fucking thing.

Literally everybody in the class did better than me and were actual artists, I did dick out a hot freshmen art chick from that class though, took her to a party at the ultimate frisbee teams house.

The funny thing is she would never talk to me in front of the other art :eek::eek::eek:s but she would always call me or show up at my place late at night.
The chick was concerned about your well-being. Art :eek::eek::eek:s will Jackson Pollock you on the street after they rape you. True story.

I'm fairly sure that's the industry standard at this point. I haven't seen a written script in a decade and it's been a long time since I've seen someone hand deliver a script.

My doctor asks me where I'm going to pick up my script and handles it from there.

I think any prescription now has to go to a pharmacy.

The chick was concerned about your well-being. Art :eek::eek::eek:s will Jackson Pollock you on the street after they rape you. True story.

I thought it was so weird when I went to the first drawing class and all these “guys” were showing up with huge boxes full of different drawing utensils and had their own paper and stuff. One guy had his own easel.

The teachers were this strange couple who actually wanted me to model for them since I worked out etc, I declined that offer with the quickness, apparently they were known to get dudes over to model then have 3-ways with them (like a 50 year old dude, his 50 year old Woden AND their model/victim dude). Glad I dodged that one.

I haven't had to write anything other than filling a form out in years. I'd rather improve my typing. Writing is the equivalent to using a standard transmission. It's becoming obsolete.

My advice is to start drawing endless lines, circles and flourish patterns endlessly with a pencil, then with a ballpoint pen and then with a calligraphy pen. You could try brush if you're up for it.

I read that improving your handwriting, especially cursive writing, can help you in other areas of your education. Spelling, grammar, being more coherent etc.

Recently, I have become interested in cursive writing and calligraphy, I want to buy a fountain pen and a good practice book.

Does anyone here know any good materials/advice?

No sorry. But they are no longer teaching cursive writing in some public school systems (I'm in Milwaukee area). So when my friend's kid had to sign his name for the first time recently, he's like 12, the poor kid was at a loss because they were never taught how to write in cursive or sign their names either.

Pretty sad, because I agree that (in adulthood) practicing reading and writing continuously is a good thing on several levels.

I think they have practice sheets online for free that you can print out (seen them but I don't have them bookmarked)

It will help your ability to draw by A LOT.

I tried to improve my handwriting a while back.

I sat down with a notebook and carefully drew every letter perfectly. Again and again for about 45 minutes.

Then I never did it again because fuck that.

You gotta play music in the background or something or else you'll just get frustrated. Maybe play the TV on in the background with something you don't need to pay a lot of attention to.

Also take breaks and concentrate nice and relaxed but don't concentrate hard and worry about every little mistake, just try to improve a bit at a time. Expect mistakes but look at things you have done well and any progress you've made to keep inspired and stay chill.

If you do this, after a few days (half hour to an hour a day) you will really surprise yourself. It doesn't even take very long to write like you never thought you would

---

One more tip: I think you keep your arm at anything around 90 degrees and write primarily with your shoulder, not your wrist or elbow. You softly lock it like that and train your arm to write with the shoulder, mostly. That should help a lot.

images
IMG_2661.jpg

gif_mariah.gif

Back