Pearl Jam vs. Nirvana... Who you got?

Please tell me your 18 or under?
400px-Chris-hansen-1.gif

Bad singer? Eddie's amazing dude.
I'm sorry for trashing him bro, was in poor taste. I do like a couple songs. but overall just not my style of singing that I like. again sorry.

I'm sorry for trashing him bro, was in poor taste. I do like a couple songs. but overall just not my style of singing that I like. again sorry.

I forgive you and I think Eddie would too.

I got Pearl Jam in 6.

"Can't find a better band.."

In 1992, I would have said Nirvana. Nevermind was ground-breaking stuff in 1992. But, when you add the sum total of Pearl Jam's accomplishments against the sum total of Nirvana's accomplishments, Pearl Jam takes that contest. Who knows what else Nirvana could have done if Kurt didn't off himself.

Last edited:
Both bands had one really good album, Ten and Nevermind. Other than that both of their catalogs are pretty thin IMO.

This is the only song that still gets regular air play in NYC radio stations

The Classic rock station here 97.9, plays songs from their entire catalog.. even from newer albums.

Not only do I think their older stuff is better than Nirvana's, I still really like PJ's newer stuff and Eddie's solo stuff now. Grunge was great in high school and I still like the genre more than anything. But as I've gotten older I've come to appreciate the non grunge stuff too.

The self titled album (2006) has a amazing songs.. World Wide Suicide, Come Back, Parachutes, etc. Even Backspacer (2013) has a great tracks. The fixer... Just breathe.

Not to mention the whole Into the Wild Soundtrack is one of my favorite OSTs. Granted that's pretty much solo Eddie Stuff.

All time PJ, but I like nirvana better right now. PJ for me became like zeppelin, I listened to so much of it that i cant listen to it now.

Not really a fan of either, so I take Nirvana. Their songs are over faster.

PJ is fairly pretentious in my eyes. Still, they are far from horrible or anything.

I'm from Western Washington, from the county so many groups like, and including Nirvana, came from.

I fucking hate both. In my teens I though Nirvana was good, not great. The more I listened to them, the more I realized Kurt cobain's lyrics were nothing but a hodge podge of shitty teen poems thrown together.

Pearl Jam, all their songs are the same, vedder sounds the same in every song, and they're fucking boring.

Both suck.

Back