PC vs MAC - For people who have used both which is better?

Which is better?

• Total voters

SherdogJoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do I make a poll on this? (Thanks whoever made it!)

I just got an IPhone and I'm impressed with the user friendliness and the support from Apple is unbelievably amazing from my experience. Further from that, I find windows is a disorganized mess. I've heard before MAC's are better. For those who have tried both is this true or what's your opinion?

I honestly can't stand windows anymore. And you know what else I hate? Pointless changes. I truly feel like they don't even need a new operating system but they upgrade it with new crappy changes because if the developers have nothing to do then they're just let go so they come up with unneeded changes to keep employment.

Last edited:
Macs are better if you like reliability, ease of use, and a pleasant interface.

PCs are better if you like viruses, and computer freezing.

I use PC at work, and a macbook pro at home. The thing that turned me off windows was the constant attention required to keep it up to date and protected from viruses and malware. Mac has issues too, but not as much.

And as context, i am not technologically inclined at all.

I mean if you are an uneducated slob then PC might be hard to maintain

i loved in college, when many of us used the Campus printing store to print off our papers (personal printers weren't like THAT common for us bum students)...

nobody ever used the Mac side b/c presumably they all had PCs and didn't know the operating system. I would always use that line to print, not like it was remotely more complicated than Word on PC.

The only thing that bothers me about Macbooks nowadays is the doublefinger used as a mouse thing

How do I make a poll on this?

I just got an IPhone and I'm impressed with the user friendliness and the support from Apple is unbelievably amazing from my experience. Further from that, I find windows is a disorganized mess. I've heard before MAC's are better. For those who have tried both is this true or what's your opinion?

I honestly can't stand windows anymore. And you know what else I hate? Pointless changes. I truly feel like they don't even need a new operating system but they upgrade it with new crappy changes because if the developers have nothing to do then they're just let go so they come up with unneeded changes to keep employment.
If you dont like upgrading all the time you know what your going to hate? Macs. Also good luck with their planned obsolescence when your computer is not "compatible" with their latest OS updates. Programs break all the time with apple updates. Iphones are the only thing apple has going for them. They used to have the multimedia sector on lock but havent released a decent fully powered desktop in 8 years.

But you know...windows is trash.

If you dont like upgrading all the time you know what your going to hate? Macs. Also good luck with their planned obsolescence when your computer is not "compatible" with their latest OS updates. Programs break all the time with apple updates. Iphones are the only thing apple has going for them. They used to have the multimedia sector on lock but havent released a decent fully powered desktop in 8 years.

But you know...windows is trash.

Planned obsolesce should put someone in jail. That totally ties into the making pointless unneeded changes because they need money rolling in.

No company will ever say "Our product is good enough, no changes needed" because quality isn't the purpose, money is. And it's going to keep becoming a bigger and bigger problem.

Macs are better if you like reliability, ease of use, and a pleasant interface.

PCs are better if you like viruses, and computer freezing.
Is this 2006? I didnt know people really think this is true anymore. There are just as many viruses targeted for the mac as windows. If you want to pay 3x the amount for the same hardware to browse the internet, Macs are a great option.

I would say 90% of mac users strictly use it to browse the internet and do very little productivity work on them. Their macbook can last 8 hrs on battery and thats all they need. That same laptop would cost $600-$800 less running windows. People buy trash equipment with old hard drives (not ssd's) and wonder why their best buy special runs like shit.

Macs are for people that don't know crap about computers and are willing to get ripped off.

PCs are for people that like customizing, having options and getting the best buck for their money.

Depends on what kind of person you are and how you are going to use it. Want something easy that's hard to break and mostly for casual use? Mac.

Are you a geek that likes to tinker, game and do more than just casual things? PC.

I like and use both but my PC is my hub for everything. Music, games, movies, web, chat, work, etc.

My Mac is reserved for watching movies in bed, connecting to the TV or casual web browsing. It's great for that kind of stuff but too clunky if you want to do much more.

Is this 2006? I didnt know people really think this is true anymore. There are just as many viruses targeted for the mac as windows. If you want to pay 3x the amount for the same hardware to browse the internet, Macs are a great option.

I would say 90% of mac users strictly use it to browse the internet and do very little productivity work on them. Their macbook can last 8 hrs on battery and thats all they need. That same laptop would cost $600-$800 less running windows. People buy trash equipment with old hard drives (not ssd's) and wonder why their best buy special runs like shit.
Apple products been getting clobbered by reviewers since last year.

Depends on what kind of person you are and how you are going to use it. Want something easy that's hard to break and mostly for casual use? Mac.

Are you a geek that likes to tinker, game and do more than just casual things? PC.

I like and use both but my PC is my hub for everything. Music, games, movies, web, chat, work, etc.

My Mac is reserved for watching movies in bed, connecting to the TV or casual web browsing. It's great for that kind of stuff but too clunky if you want to do much more.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Man, seriously fuck windows. I'm trying to get support from them and they couldn't figure out how to remove the fucking language on my computer so that it doesn't automatically switch to me having these annoying characters ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ

And the guy coudlnt figure it out and then offered remote desktop support, I said ok, and then he says:

"Alright our one time paid support costs $49.00"

Seriously what a joke.

PCs are like Androids, more customization but harder interface.

Obviously if you’ve touched an iPhone, your going to know how to use a Mac at this point. Better, easier user interface.

used both at my internship.

Performance wise PC is cheaper than Mac and you can build it according to what you need. If you don't want the hassle of updating and finding viruses, plus an easy interface Mac is for you. I prefer Pc because that's what i used since i was 16 and it's cheaper, and i don't mind updating since i do that every 6 months.

PCs are like Androids, more customization but harder interface.

Obviously if you’ve touched an iPhone, your going to know how to use a Mac at this point. Better, easier user interface.
Out of curiosity, What do you think is easier about using a mac over a pc? honestly curious. Also, what do you use your mac for?

Really surprised people are saying macs have a better interface when I find this very far from the truth unless your barely using your computer. Macs are actually quite a bit more complicated IMO.

Lots of people in here talking about viruses

I haven't had a virus in about 15 years

You only get viruses if you're a complete knob

One thing I hate about windows is the search functionality.

The search just simply doesn't work properly. There will be a file on my computer called "Blah" and then I type "Blah" into the start menu and nothing appears.

PC has video games, open and shut case.

Lol @ paying a lot of money for a mac that can't do anything interesting anyway. Even in the realm of graphic design, which used to be one of macs' only strength, PCs have caught up and cost less.

Back