PC gaming has a problem

its just sad that nobody is trying to use current hardware to its full potential. the last game that tried was crysis, that was 10 years ago....

we need elon musk or someone to make a pc game

its just sad that nobody is trying to use current hardware to its full potential. the last game that tried was crysis, that was 10 years ago....

It's the 4K/1080p divide that is causing that rift. It's difficult to get everyone on board complaining to developers that current hardware isn't being used to its "full potential" when even the top GPU in the market can't genuinely handle anything in 4K on max settings.

They'll just reply, "Have you considered buying a 4K TV?" It's all a scam to upsell us television sets we don't need, and for which the industry isn't remotely close to supporting as a universal standard, yet.

They are incredibly deep with mechanics. Even though I adore that stuff I was having trouble building the will to really dig into League of Legends to play with some friends to whom, ironically, I introduced the game. These guys were just pissed because nobody played Halo which used to be our franchise, and generally speaking nobody seems to own the Xbox. I see the near-parity in the NA sales, but I don't know who the hell is buying them. All of our friends are a bit past prime gaming age, first of all, but the only ones who do game own PS4s.

They didn't have a lot of horsepower in their PCs, and I recommended League of Legends or Dota 2 as the most popular PC games on the planet that can also run smoothly on just about anything. They tried to get me to play more seriously with them, but with games like that, it's always such a steep climb out of the gate.

Vainglory on the Android tablet has been a more effective MOBA-lite introduction to the genre, and I'm starting to fall in love with it. I might branch into LoL, here, shortly, to join them, now that I have a handle on the big ideas behind the competitive format. You might check it out. It's one of the only phone games that isn't totally lame.

Vainglory is awesome. I made a thread on it and nobody replied lol.

<DCrying>

I actually prefer it on an Ipad.

I thought that was exactly what they were trying to do with Star Citizen? there's no denying it's the most ambitious game any one has ever tried to make.

It's the 4K/1080p divide that is causing that rift. It's difficult to get everyone on board complaining to developers that current hardware isn't being used to its "full potential" when even the top GPU in the market can't genuinely handle anything in 4K on max settings.

They'll just reply, "Have you considered buying a 4K TV?" It's all a scam to upsell us television sets we don't need, and for which the industry isn't remotely close to supporting as a universal standard, yet.

Yeah... Most of the time I can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4K anyway.

If there's a trade off I'll take anytime is performance over a slight gain in graphics.

Madmick basically murdered this thread and with the first response.

New multiplayer games don't die out b cause of PC gaming, they die because of poor support, poor advertising, and poor matchmaking.

I may not like blizzard but people play overwatch because it is a pretty good game with solid support and a huge marketing push.

If a multiplayer game only has in the hundreds playing at a time that is basically dead to me

Why? If there are 500-600 players with a dozen servers active why is it dead? Especially if its not been released as a final release and is in Alpha stage. Squad was never thought to be the next call of duty. It was always going to be a niche game.

How is this mod still alive with updates? Its a mod of battlefield 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

Squad is suppose to be a spiritual successor to this game

Last edited:
Back