PC Gamer considering buying PS4

Whre are you seeing ps4 vs pc cpu benchmarks??

Look up the chip that PS4 Pro uses, find its equal among AMD's line of Pc hardware and head over to the cpubenchmark.net to see the scores.

I have a worse graphics card than you and FC5 plays fine on high settings. I bought a PS4 Pro recently, mainly for RDR2 but theres a few other console only games coming out next year that I want to get.

Rather than get into the PC VS Console debate, the undeniable advantage the PS4 has is its awesome exclusives.

The Last of Us - Remastered
God of War
Spider-Man
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4 (And 1-3 Trilogy)

Don't forget The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima are all going to be released in the near future.

And, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are all less than a week away. Perfect timing to pick up a PS4Pro and some awesome games.

I doubt we will see TES VI in this generation.

why dont you just upgrade your shit
This isn't a PC vs. PS4 decision thread. He already has a PC, and as I've mentioned, turning down the resolution to 720p should enable him to play the game smoothly.

Buying the PS4 over an upgrade is the best decision, anyway. His GTX 1050 Ti is still highly relevant with only a handful of games ever released (like Far Cry 5) that it won't be able to handle smoothly at 1080p. He can still play everything else. It's not an eye-candy setup, anyway. Adding the PS4 adds a whole new ecosystem, and access to all those exclusives which are the only advantage the PS4 has over the PC, anymore, but a major advantage nonetheless.

IMO, he shouldn't even dick about with his monitor and adapters unless it has two DVI inputs. Sell it on Craigslist for $50 or so, and buy a new cheap 1080p monitor for $150 that has both HDMI and DVI inputs. That way he can hook his PC in via the DVI, and the PS4 in via the HDMI. Then just switch inputs when he wants to switch from PC to PS4. That's what I do.

I should note that it is definitely a misconception that buying a used PS4 (or even the upcoming $200 PS4 Marvel Spider-Man bundle on Black Friday) is cheaper than upgrading his GPU to one that meets the "Recommended" requirements for Far Cry 5. A used PS4 should be compared to a used GPU. All of the below are more powerful than the PS4 Pro GPU. Additionally, he can recoup some of the cost by selling his current GTX 1050 Ti if he went with the upgrade path:

Used
New

What he is doing definitely isn't cheaper, but it's better from a hardcore gamer point of view who doesn't discriminate against platform: PC + PS4 Pro / Switch + iPad is the holy trinity.

I should note that it is definitely a misconception that buying a used PS4 (or even the upcoming $200 PS4 Marvel Spider-Man bundle on Black Friday) is cheaper than upgrading his GPU to one that meets the "Recommended" requirements for Far Cry 5

That deals already on sale and is getting to the point where its sold out in quite a few places

Fucking lol, I can finally play Far Cry 5 on my PC. Not sure if it was the recent upgrade from steam or the recent hardware upgrade. The monitor is more conducive to gaming than what it was.

I am still on the same boat. I might shift to PS4 after play FC5. I played the Spiderman game for an hour on PS4 and loved it.

Just got done with FC5, I've been thinking:

The Spiderman game
The Last of Us 1 and 2
Red Dead 1 and 2
Final Fantasy VII remake (never played an FF game before)
Metal Gear Solid remake (never played an MG game before)

What else can I play on PS4?

Just FYI my PC's specs are way worse than yours and I played FC5 just fine on mid settings.

The #1 link, Gematsu, is the ultimate resource for browsing platform exclusives.
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/147044693/
You have literally begun to regurgitate logical arguments I introduced to the thread as assumptions in order to defend-- inappropriately & inadequately, btw-- the vagueness of your initial language (i.e. "if a gamer could have either Slim or Pro, with no consideration of price, then nobody would pick the Slim"). You are blissfully unaware that my logic is so powerful and undeniable that it has consumed you. I came into the thread just musing on the nature of a lighthearted troll of you by ITJ in order to provided an objective framework that any individual could use to further subjective considerations.

You don't even grasp the heart of the philosophical distinction between subjective and objective. You are determined to prove yourself right, not wrong, but there is no right or wrong in the subjective realm; there is just preference. To opine that there is a correct answer, even according to different needs, is to opine a variability of the objective. That's the sort of phenomenon you observe in biochemical study of human subjects. There is almost unexceptionally a spectrum of responses to any stimuli. Scientists assemble their conclusions by rooting them in what is mostly true, and that has objective value.

Here. This will cover it pretty exhaustively:
  1. https://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4
  2. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/game...astupdate=0&showlastupdate=1&showothersales=0
  3. https://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/top-downloads/
  4. https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered
  5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards
  6. Keeping it fresh: https://www.twitchmetrics.net/games/viewership
Sherdog's own threads:

Oh yeah, more succinctly curated from the first page:

No point in playing FC5 anway. The new SJW edition is due out any day now.

PC nerds come at me!!

Despite starting the 20+ pages thread on FarCry 5 I still haven't played the game because my PC specs are a bit below the required setting and I am considering quite a few things to be able to play this game as well as other games. Will Elder Scrolls VI still be a PS4 game?

Upgrading my GPU to the recommended GeForce GTX 1080 Ti will cost more than just buying a PS4 as well as extra equipment to allow me to use my desktop monitor to play games.

Current specs:
CPU- Intel Core i-5 [email protected] GHz
Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM- 8GB

I can also buy used PS4 games from FB groups for dirt cheap prices.

This seems to fit as I am not as diligent as some of you guys in researching the latest updates regarding PC specs and what not to keep up with what I need (never did).

So question is, do I buy a brand new PS4/ PS4 slim / used PS4? What problems would I encounter if I plan to use my desktop monitor to play PS4 games?

Dude, don't get a 1080ti. I have one and it's a beast fuckin card, as beast as my old GTX 480, if you remember that monster. Like the 480, the 1080ti allows you to skip a generation or two because it's that fast. That said, anyone buying now should look to the 2080ti to pick up raytracing support which will pan out over the next year.

As for consoles, yes, get the PS4 Pro. It is the best damn combo.

Plus, RDR 2. It's not coming to PC for at least 8 months. It will come though. GTA 5 has sold 10 million copies on Steam. 10 fucking million copies on PC. It's coming eventually but I wouldn't want to wait that long and it's actually more fun to play a second time with PC graphics and mods.

Last edited:
I got a ps4 recently. Pretty fun.

Your system will run far cry 5 though. I have a GeForce 1050 ti and it runs on medium-high settings. It's a powerful budget card.

Back