Rumored PBC moving to Amazon?

I'm all for a broadcast partnership between Amazon & PBC. On the other hand I find it annoying that this SHO talk is being misreported as them exiting boxing. The rumor is that they'll be scaling back and only doing PPVs next year. That isn't the same as leaving the sport.

Amazon would want PBC's pay-for-view events too.. I would think, does SHO need PBC to do boxing pay-for-view boxing events?

I'm all for a broadcast partnership between Amazon & PBC. On the other hand I find it annoying that this SHO talk is being misreported as them exiting boxing. The rumor is that they'll be scaling back and only doing PPVs next year. That isn't the same as leaving the sport.

Amazon Prime is a giant, like 148 million subs in the USA compared to Showtime (Paramount Plus) that has 50ish.

Prime is even bigger than Netflix by a large margin (78M subs).

This sounds like an upgrade

It’s Paramount ingesting the Showtime App. All of Showtime is being ingested. These corporations have a million things on their list and sports is just a small part.

in boxing there are too many people with personal interests that cheer for entities (especially against PBC which is insane considering no one else knows how to do mega fights in America), so they like to spin it into a PBC thing.

PBC’s contract with Showtime runs through 2024, but not expected to be renewed, still can be they have time to change their minds.

“It’s depressing that boxing can’t seem to work on American television. It can seem to find a sustainable, functioning, thriving model, and that’s bizarre to me because I know they’re different entities, but sports broadcasting is gold right now, I keep hearing that boxing is in a good place with events this year. That may be true, but if it was in a great place, you would have networks and streaming services dying to get in business. But the fractured nature of it’s not good, it’s not a good landscape right now for boxing because you don’t have providers eager to get in business with the sport, and I think that’s a problem.” Chris Mannix

ESPN+ are in talks to expand overseas, thus competing against DAZN, so could use more boxing. Len Blavatnik of DAZN was once on a mission to fix boxing, if DAZN and ESPN+ work together would this help?

ESPN+ are in talks to expand overseas, thus competing against DAZN, so could use more boxing. Len Blavatnik of DAZN was once on a mission to fix boxing, if DAZN and ESPN+ work together would this help?
Normally I'd say it could help but if I'm ESPN I wouldn't be too eager to work with them. It's impossible to ignore how DAZN managed to lose over 6 billion dollars since the service launched. Their debt is under control now after they restructured but it doesn't inspire confidence when a company burns through that much money.

Normally I'd say it could help but if I'm ESPN I wouldn't be too eager to work with them. It's impossible to ignore how DAZN managed to lose over 6 billion dollars since the service launched. Their debt is under control now after they restructured but it doesn't inspire confidence when a company burns through that much money.
Both ESPN+ & DAZN have embraced gambling to help support their platforms. Hope it helps.

Back