Pauly Shore talks about the decline of his movie career

Him and Andy Dick were like the flamers of Hollyweird... I did like BIO DOME though because him and Baldwin made an epic duo.

That interview is so insufferable to watch my god.

Did his movie career ever even hit a high point? Couple okay comedies the rest are straight trash....

Remember when Pauly Shore threw a football over those mountains?

If only coach had put him in, he'd have made State.

Have you seen it any time lately? I saw it in theatres when I was 12 or so. I was an idiot so I liked it. I doubt it's aged well

Nope, not in forever. Our science teacher in high school made us watch it when we were 12. He must have been a massive stoner as I didn't learn shit from that movie lol.

Nope, not in forever. Our science teacher in high school made us watch it when we were 12. He must have been a massive stoner as I didn't learn shit from that movie lol.
Haha that's a super weird and random thing to be in a science class. Dude wasn't even trying

Haha that's a super weird and random thing to be in a science class. Dude wasn't even trying

He also showed us the movie Flubber and we had to do an assignment on what invention we would make with flubber lol. The more I think about that guy, the funnier and weirder it gets.

...they're also about a thousand times superior comedians to him. Truly shameful to even compare them.
I loved Pauly Shore back in the day, but he had 1 good gimmick and that was himself. Imagine if Jim Carrey only had Ace Ventura and was basically Ace for all his movies. People would have been completely over him by 1997.

I loved Pauly Shore back in the day, but he had 1 good gimmick and that was himself. Imagine if Jim Carrey only had Ace Ventura and was basically Ace for all his movies. People would have been completely over him by 1997.

Now that was a quality comparison.

Pretty much this. Except I would add that his schtick not only had an expiration date because of people getting tired of it but also because the dude was only good for the 90s. His shelf life didn't really extend that far.

In the army now is hilarious "SUCK ON THIS A ONE TIME!!!!"

right before launching that at4 backwards lol.
I have s a special place in my heart for that movie

I don't hate Pauly, but it just seems weird that he's not all chill about accepting that he isn't a teenager in his 20's anymore, I mean his character would have just accepted it as the miracle it was for him and been glad he ever got that far.

Objectively even he must know it's not like his "talent" was so mindblowing or original. It was a lot of luck and fortunate timing. If he had been born 10 years earlier or later it wouldn't have worked for him.

He wants recognition but his comedy wasn't timeless or game-changing. If you want recognition you have to pioneer an actual process that people use later or at least look back on with nostalgia.

He's got enough money to do what other actors do once their popularity fades. He can reinvent himself or invest in new art or technology. Just sitting there sulking isn't going to hype anyone up- the early mid 90's ain't coming back.

If he can't enjoy his riches passively he should dust himself off and get a hobby like David Lee Roth

I wonder just how much money he actually does have.

Well it could be worse. Mickey Rourke went from leading man good looking to "not of this race."

th
th

I still don't understand exactly how this happened.

That interview is so insufferable to watch my god.

Did his movie career ever even hit a high point? Couple okay comedies the rest are straight trash....

High point was Son in Law, in my opinion. No idea how well it holds up since I haven't watched it in years but I genuinely enjoyed it as a teen and think it's his best film from an actual quality standpoint.

Back