Paulo Costa pulling a Cain and wrecking his knees?

Lol. This just confirmed to me that a bunch of you would melt if you ever stepped foot in a gym. The reason the Cain video was so scary was because his trainer put all the weight the leg Curl machine had, and had Cain do it as explosively as he could, to burnout. Knee destruction.

This is controlled and the appropriate form for performing leg curls.

Leg extensions

N the problem with this exercise is cons outweight the pros

It is ridicolous that people think leg curls are inherently bad. Leg curls are often a big part of preemptive work or rehabilitate work for knee injuries.

I was given a program including curls to deal with a case of runner's knee just a couple of weeks ago.
Those aren't leg curls. They're teg extensions.

I can not in good faith talk about post counts lmao

edit: though he has nearly as much as me and Ive been on sherdog for 10 years

edit2 Jesus christ Ive been posting here for 10 years

edit 3 welp time to end it

It could be worse, brah...

It is ridicolous that people think leg curls are inherently bad. Leg curls are often a big part of preemptive work or rehabilitate work for knee injuries.

I was given a program including curls to deal with a case of runner's knee just a couple of weeks ago.

These aren't leg curls, genius.

How are leg extensions hurting the knees ? Even Cain doing his crazy fast reps are fine

This coming from a guy whos been lifting for years...squats are way over rated...I can't count how many guys I've known that have jacked up their knee or back on squats...and they are not necessary at all for leg size or strength...leg presses will work better...that's why many pro bodybuilders don't squat anymore...or dead lift for that matter...
This. Not only that but if your looking for pure strength alot of programs are shifting to Hex bar deadlifts for athletes.

You get almost the same strength benefit as traditional squat/dead-lift but drastically lower the chance of injury by being in a more natural position

My favourite thing about Costa is the way the UFC promote him.

"Yo, have you seen his body?!"

Extensions....leg extensions

not a single leg curl to be found... erasers form was good...

Let curls are different to leg extensions but both are unnecessary and definitely bad for your knees. Low weight is obviously better but the very nature of the exercise puts unnatural amounts of weight and pressure on the knee joint. Can you improve your muscle strength with this exercise? Yes. Is is also bad for the structure and lifetime of your knees? Definitely yes.

Let curls are different to leg extensions but both are unnecessary and definitely bad for your knees. Low weight is obviously better but the very nature of the exercise puts unnatural amounts of weight and pressure on the knee joint. Can you improve your muscle strength with this exercise? Yes. Is is also bad for the structure and lifetime of your knees? Definitely yes.

Okey, I hear you say this and I doubt it. Please, post a source to support your argument.

Theres nothing impressive there from Paulo Costa, anyone can do that at the gym.

Back