Pauli lays down the truth

Overall I agree with him but I wouldn't call it a robbery because it was so close. I think GGG should have got the decision in the first fight for definite and I think he just edged it in this fight. He was right about GGG not being pushed back to the ropes and that he was controlling the fight by boxing on the outside with Canelo.

Abel lays down the truth.

Your welcome

Miguel Cotto lays down the truth

Judges lay down the reality

^ And yet over 60% of Sherdog thinks GGG won that fight. Sherdog lays down the truth....

^ And yet over 60% of Sherdog thinks GGG won that fight. Sherdog lays down the truth....

I mean, the majority of those people are people who drifted in from the heavies on fight night never to be seen again. Having Golovkin winning is completely reasonable in a fight that close, but if you polled the people who regularly post here (i.e. people who closely follow boxing), you'd almost definitely get considerably different results.

I mean, the majority of those people are people who drifted in from the heavies on fight night never to be seen again. Having Golovkin winning is completely reasonable in a fight that close, but if you polled the people who regularly post here (i.e. people who closely follow boxing), you'd almost definitely get considerably different results.
That's what you are guessing. You have no facts to back that up.

What about how the media have scored it? Seems like the majority of sherdoggers and the media scored it for GGG.
Harold Lederman (HBO Sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Brian Campbell (CBS sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Dan Rafael (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Stephen A. Smith (ESPN): Golovkin won

Arash Markazi (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Brett Okamoto (ESPN): 114-114 draw

Teddy Atlas - Golovkin won

Salvador Rodríguez (ESPN Mexico): 114-114 draw

Eduardo Lamazón (Televisa): 116-112 Golovkin

Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph): 116-112 Golovkin

Josh Peter (USA Today): 115-113 Golovkin

Sports Illustrated: 114-114 draw

Dylan Hernandez (LA Times): 115-113 Golovkin

Lance Pugmire (La Times): 114-114 draw

BoxingScene: 114-114 draw

Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports): 115-113 Golovkin

Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports): 114-114 draw

The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin

Joe DePaolo (Washington Post): 115-113 Golovkin

Mike Coppinger (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw

Douglass Fischer (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw

Mike Baca II (Ring Magazine and Undisputed Champion Network): 115-113 Golovkin

Al Bernstein (Showtime Sports): Golovkin won

Sherdog.com: 116-112 Golovkin

Jai Bednall (news.com.au): 115-113 Golovkin

Brian Mazique (Forbes): 114-114 draw

Adam Abramowitz (Ring Magazine and SN Boxing): 115-113 Golovkin

Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook): 116-112 Golovkin

Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin

Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin

The Associated Press: 114-114 draw

Adam Caparell (Complex Sports): 116-112 Golovkin

Bill Simmons (HBO and The Ringer): 114-114 draw

Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin

Andreas Hale (Sporting News): Golovkin won

Graham Houston (Boxing Monthly): Canelo won

Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing): 115-113 Golovkin

Matt Christie (Boxing News): 115-114 Golovkin

George Willis (New York Post): 114-114 draw

Gary Melo (SportsNet Canada): Golovkin won

Below The Belt Podcast: 115-113 Golovkin

World Boxing News: 115-113 Golovkin

Jeff Powell (Daily Mail): 116-113 Golovkin

Marcos Villegas (Fight Hub TV): 114-114 draw

Michelle Rosado (Raging Babe): 115-113 Canelo

Michelle Joy Phelps (Behind the Gloves): 115-113 Golovkin

Lennox Lewis: Golovkin won by 2 rounds

Fight Nights: 115-113 Golovkin

Michael Woods (NYFights.com): two point edge for Golovkin

Dieter Kurtenbach (San Jose Mercury News and the East Bay Times): Golovkin won by 3 rounds

Rafael G (the Fight City): 116-112 Golovkin

34 for GGG, 2 for Canelo, 15 for Draw

average fan scorecard (1773 fans): 116-113 Golovkin

Pinched from reddit..

That's what you are guessing. You have no facts to back that up.

What about how the media have scored it? Seems like the majority of sherdoggers and the media scored it for GGG.

I have no facts to back up that the regulars vote differently from the clowns who came in from the heavies en masse and cried robbery? You can look at who voted for who you know.

I have no facts to back up that the regulars vote differently from the clowns who came in from the heavies en masse and cried robbery? You can look at who voted for who you know.
It's too easy too play elitism and discount the average sherdogger from the boxing forum regulars. It just so happens to suit your view point this time around.

And how do you explain the media experts who overwhelmingly voted GGG?

I agree. It doesn't matter that it's a close fight at all. Being robbed a point could have the same result as being robbed 5 points. It costs you an 'L' you didn't deserve in your record.

It's like a 3:1 ratio for the people who think ggg won so it's not just Pauli.

It's too easy too play elitism and discount the average sherdogger from the boxing forum regulars. It just so happens to suit your view point this time around.

If you want to poll clowns from the heavies who cry robbery over this fight and declare that boxing is a dead sport and hold that up as some kind of evidence that Golovkin was robbed, that's your business. You do at least concede that I have "facts" to support there is a difference in the way a poll among regular posters here would go between the one that exists here, though, right? It's more or less impossible to take robbery claims seriously for this fight.

If you want to poll clowns from the heavies who cry robbery over this fight and declare that boxing is a dead sport and hold that up as some kind of evidence that Golovkin was robbed, that's your business. You do at least concede that I have "facts" to support there is a difference in the way a poll among regular posters here would go between the one that exists here, though, right? It's more or less impossible to take robbery claims seriously for this fight.
Again you skirt the elephant in the room. Why did the media experts overwhelmingly side with GGG?

Just under 40 % of sherdog lays down the truth.

Again you skirt the elephant in the room. Why did the media experts overwhelmingly side with GGG?
Make your own argument as to why Golovkin won or not. No one gives 2 shits how Dan Rafael and Kevin Iole scored the fight.

I don't know, I'd have to read their justification for their cards. It would seem that the cards were, as a rule, extremely close, and I don't think anyone would contest the idea that there were many swing rounds that essentially boil down to preference in scoring. You could also get down to general scoring preferences (volume over quality, and head shots over body work tend to be clear trends which aren't really sustained by the actual scoring criteria), the fact that HBO's scorer had it four points for Golovkin, and the significantly soured public perception of Canelo as factors which could have swayed cards. Again, I see a razor close fight where there was no justification to call robbery.

both fights were a draw.

if a 3rd fight ever happens.. Canelo will decisively beat GGG

Pauli is punch drunk. He has that weird distant stare the Holyfield has. The guys that have it look like they have to shut out the world to put coherent sentences together. It is like talking with someone else that has a lot on their mind and are too polite to say they don't want to talk with anyone. Or like someone trying to do math in their head while talking. It is like an inability to multitask.

Last edited:
Back