Paul Ryan cancels vote on Health Care Bill today

Dude, I know you are not that dull..right?
I assume you are referring to my quoting Breitbart?

I don't usually, but it is especially fun sometimes.
"Donald Trump: I'm 100 Percent Behind Obamacare Replacement Plan"
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...00-percent-behind-obamacare-replacement-plan/

How, pray tell, do you separated him from this disaster after statements like that? And the fact that he spent the last two days lobbying/ threatening members of the House on the bill's behalf?)

I assume you are referring to my quoting Breitbart?

I don't usually, but it is especially fun sometimes.
"Donald Trump: I'm 100 Percent Behind Obamacare Replacement Plan"
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...00-percent-behind-obamacare-replacement-plan/

How, pray tell, do you separated him from this disaster after statements like that? And the fact that he spent the last two days lobbying/ threatening members of the House on the bill's behalf?)
Nope, wasn't referring to that. Just an "in general" thing.

Didn't you say Hillary would win?
Dude.
People pick the choice that doesn't win. It's how things are. Unless you've never guessed wrong, just shut the fuck up about it. That shit is beyond played out.

This is the key with Ryan, he doesn't actually oppose the ACA. In his mind he's got the medical lobby in a pinch right now. I'll bet that back door money is more than he's ever seen.
YdMhU.gif

Not about to take Trump at his word here, or trust that a terrible bill won't get rammed through by Congress anyway, but this would be a really good outcome considering the circumstances.

I still think it passes the House tomorrow. They're horse trading like crazy right now to keep moderate support - giving them one-off goodies they can sell back home as reason they supported the bill, while they'll give the Freedom Caucus all the shit they want because it's a block of votes they absolutely need. They can afford to lose 21 Reps, but HFC represents a block whereby if they don't get them it fails. They can buy off individual reps all night long.

Also GOP voted to allow "martial law" on the bill process tomorrow - so Ryan can change anything about the bill and still have a vote on it. No scoring, no questions asked.

It's almost like the republicans have only pretended to be opposition. While secretly supporting all the big legislation of the left. Almost like Alex Jones has been right the whole time.

It's almost like the republicans have only pretended to be opposition. While secretly supporting all the big legislation of the left. Almost like Alex Jones has been right the whole time.
People with normal levels of paranoia have the opposite reaction to this situation- it shows just what a clusterfuck there is on health care even between Republicans.

And this is all the evidence that anyone ever needed to truly understand that 8 years of opposition ot Obama was never truly about policy.

They might get something passed tomorrow, it might not happen for a few weeks. But the fact that 7 years after first opposing a specific policy, they still don't have something that they can get REPUBLICANS behind tells you just how little time and thought they put into this over the years.

A party that was really about ideas would have had something that was pretty much golden to the party ready to roll. Maybe you'd have to sell 1-5 new guys on it but not whole voting blocs. If it was truly about repeal...just repeal it. If it was truly about making it better...make it better.

This half assed, half repeal/half improve approach gets us nowhere.

And this type of failure of ideas is why they receive so much criticism from me these days.

And this is all the evidence that anyone ever needed to truly understand that 8 years of opposition ot Obama was never truly about policy.

They might get something passed tomorrow, it might not happen for a few weeks. But the fact that 7 years after first opposing a specific policy, they still don't have something that they can get REPUBLICANS behind tells you just how little time and thought they put into this over the years.

A party that was really about ideas would have had something that was pretty much golden to the party ready to roll. Maybe you'd have to sell 1-5 new guys on it but not whole voting blocs. If it was truly about repeal...just repeal it. If it was truly about making it better...make it better.

This half assed, half repeal/half improve approach gets us nowhere.

And this type of failure of ideas is why they receive so much criticism from me these days.

If by opposition you mean blanket obstructionism of anything Obama by the GOP then I agree with you 100%.

They should take their time and do a good bill, don't replace something bad with something horrible.

Well, things are gonna get worse then... :(

I can't recall a time I thought Republicans made the country better. Still waiting for some of Trump's pro-2nd Amendment rhetoric to come to any sort of fruition. Now's the fucking time.

Tomorrow will be Health Care for some , Miniature Flags for others

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back