Paul Ryan cancels vote on Health Care Bill today

I like the pre-existing conditions clause in Obamacare, but its what drives the premiums up so high.

What we need to do is just start taxing the fuck out of fat people, since they are the ones who drag those premium ups.

It appears Ryan was caught bluffing regarding the replace part of "repeal and replace". If so, he needs to go.

Infrastructure is going to require borrowing something like a trillion from China, most likely. So that's going to have to wait. Taxes do seem like the priority I would expect though. It's hard to imagine what that's going to look like. I'm guessing even more extreme than the Bush cuts.
From what I remember reading Trump wants to eliminate Head of Household, increase the standard deduction across the board, limit exemptions to 200,000, lower the tax rate on the highest tax bracket to 25%. Tax capital gains at a max of 20% lower corporate taxes to a maximum of 15% and that includes personal income taxes on pass-through entities.

Yeah, shit like that. Those make Bush tax cuts look minimal by comparison.

That was my thought (aside from Koch bro involvement).

I'll hold off celebration because I think this bill will get much worse and will eventually pass. Republicans are being exposed as frauds though and Trump is showing himself to be a rookie.

I'm really surprised they didn't do taxes & infrastructure first since that seems like a softball to me.

Had to do this first as part of Ryan's overall tax plan. Needed the medicaid cut here to be able to cut taxes in tax reform plan without blowing up the deficit bigly.

Had to do this first as part of Ryan's overall tax plan. Needed the medicaid cut here to be able to cut taxes in tax reform plan without blowing up the deficit bigly.
Fuck Paul Ryan. They knew healthcare would be difficult (except Trump) and those would have been easy victories. Now that Rs have the power I don't think they care about deficits.

I think this is a triple dog dare - Pelosi has to know the effect she has on Republicans. I think she really wants this bill passed because the fall out would be great for Dems in 2018.

I mean she's being so bloody overt about it - egging Trump, and his fellow travellers on here in this vid - she wants them to vote for it to spite her -

Probably needs a TRIGGER warning here for the Republicans on the board.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/325535-cbo-releases-new-score-for-obamacare-repeal-bill

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) on Thursday released a new score for a revised plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare that Republican leaders are struggling to pass in the House.

The CBO found that this version of the healthcare plan contains significantly less deficit reduction than the original but would lead to essentially the same levels of coverage losses and premium increases.

The legislation would reduce the deficit by $150 billion over 10 years, down from $337 billion in the original legislation, the report said. The plan would still result in 24 million more people being uninsured in 2026, a finding that has been a rallying cry for Democrats.

I think this is a triple dog dare - Pelosi has to know the effect she has on Republicans. I think she really wants this bill passed because the fall out would be great for Dems in 2018.

I mean she's being so bloody overt about it - egging Trump, and his fellow travellers on here in this vid - she wants them to vote for it to spite her -

Probably needs a TRIGGER warning here for the Republicans on the board.

She would have made a great president.

What a clown show. 7 years of bitching and nothing. I guess Ryan is holding out for more money from the insurance lobby even though him and McConnell has gotten over 12 million combined from the insurance industry.

This is the key with Ryan, he doesn't actually oppose the ACA. In his mind he's got the medical lobby in a pinch right now. I'll bet that back door money is more than he's ever seen.

Trump-Remourse-678x381.jpg

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/325535-cbo-releases-new-score-for-obamacare-repeal-bill

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) on Thursday released a new score for a revised plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare that Republican leaders are struggling to pass in the House.

The CBO found that this version of the healthcare plan contains significantly less deficit reduction than the original but would lead to essentially the same levels of coverage losses and premium increases.

The legislation would reduce the deficit by $150 billion over 10 years, down from $337 billion in the original legislation, the report said. The plan would still result in 24 million more people being uninsured in 2026, a finding that has been a rallying cry for Democrats.

The revisions are only making things shittier.
Pretty unbelievable to witness this train wreck.

How embarrassing. 7 years to get this right and it's a complete dumpster fire. If it goes too moderate, they lose conservative votes. Too conservative and moderates walk away.

And President Trump couldn't sell it.

I have so many I fucking told you so's to hand out in this forum I couldn't possibly fit them all into Rumpelstiltskin's bag.

Supposedly Trump has said he's done negotiating - take it or leave it, he wants a vote tomorrow and if it fails, it fails. He's ready to move on.

Trump prides himself on being a professional deal-maker.

One problem:

Tea party nut jobs are professional no-deal-makers.

Supposedly Trump has said he's done negotiating - take it or leave it, he wants a vote tomorrow and if it fails, it fails. He's ready to move on.
Please please please don't let this be real.

I'm terrified because this does sound very much like him. This is his demeanor. "Not profitable, we're never coming back to this country. The government is terrible. The people are terrible."

Health care
is one thing that almost everyone agrees isn't best served ethically by a profit incentive, you're the government, and we're the people this time, Drumpf.

Please please please don't let this be real.

I'm terrified because this does sound very much like him. This is his demeanor. "Not profitable, we're never coming back to this country. The government is terrible. The people are terrible."

Health care
is one thing that almost everyone agrees isn't best served ethically by a profit incentive, you're the government, and we're the people this time, Drumpf.

But when asked to provide details of his health plan during the campaign, he said he had the biglyest plan, the bestlyest plan... a plan we'd all really love.

Hmmm... must be in the drawer next to the "Secret Plan to Defeat Isis in 30 Days."

I wonder what he's holding out on us for?

(Maybe, just maybe, he should have been doing some fucking work instead of holding rallies and spending every weekend in Mar-a-Lago.)

Back