Paul Ryan cancels vote on Health Care Bill today

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

How embarrassing. 7 years to get this right and it's a complete dumpster fire. If it goes too moderate, they lose conservative votes. Too conservative and moderates walk away.

And President Trump couldn't sell it.

ha-ha-nelson-Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480.jpg

What a clown show. 7 years of bitching and nothing. I guess Ryan is holding out for more money from the insurance lobby even though him and McConnell has gotten over 12 million combined from the insurance industry.

I'd rather it be delayed than half assed.

No result from today would have resulted in any positive responses anyway.

Just here to say I told you so.

6.5M of the 11M Obamacare users are in Republican states.

The vote will not pass.

Republican voters may not know who gave them healthcare with the ACA, but they will remember who took it from them.

Good. They'll certainly make things worse unless they choose to implement single payer.

They're just going to let the Koch brothers write it now. It's going to be much worse next time, and Republicans will be much more enthusiastic in passing it.

Ryan is a clown. Why do people vote for him?

Trump and Rand Paul should sit down together and figure this shit out.

Last edited:
They're just going to let the Koch brothers write it now. It's going to be much worse next time, and Republicans will be much more enthusiastic in passing it.
That was my thought (aside from Koch bro involvement).

I'll hold off celebration because I think this bill will get much worse and will eventually pass. Republicans are being exposed as frauds though and Trump is showing himself to be a rookie.

I'm really surprised they didn't do taxes & infrastructure first since that seems like a softball to me.

Now saying they'll vote tomorrow. Ryan doesn't want Reps going home for the weekend to get another earful. A delayed vote is a good sign in that they didn't have the votes TODAY. Dems would be smart not to gloat about it though as it would likely convince enough Reps to change to Yes votes to stick it to the smarmy, celebrating libruls.

If Freedom caucus holds out for ending pre-existing condition ban than this will never pass as giving them that would cost a lot of non FC members to bail on it. The preexisting condition denial ban is the most popular part of the ACA.

I'll hold off celebration because I think this bill will get much worse and will eventually pass. Republicans are being exposed as frauds though and Trump is showing himself to be a rookie.

I'm really surprised they didn't do taxes & infrastructure first since that seems like a softball to me.
Infrastructure is going to require borrowing something like a trillion from China, most likely. So that's going to have to wait. Taxes do seem like the priority I would expect though. It's hard to imagine what that's going to look like. I'm guessing even more extreme than the Bush cuts.

This is an interesting moment. The Republicans are going to have to decide whether to repeal Obamacare or try to fix it. I'm guessing the lack of support was from their conservative base, but that's anecdotal. Opposing Obamacare has given the Republicans more power than they've had in a very long time. I think the one promise Trump won't get away with breaking is his promise to repeal Obamacare.

This Paul Ryan guy is a joke.

The right needs to start cleaning house.

I'm sure Trump and Bannon knew the GOP would be an absolute failure at passing healthcare legislation.

Im just hoping this shit show has a purpose and leads to exposure of the GOP. The constituency needs act and start removing these fuckers.

Infrastructure is going to require borrowing something like a trillion from China, most likely. So that's going to have to wait. Taxes do seem like the priority I would expect though. It's hard to imagine what that's going to look like. I'm guessing even more extreme than the Bush cuts.
I thought they could have passed an infrastructure bill that was less dramatic funded privately and it would have even received Democratic support. But I hear you, a huge, sorry, YUUUGE plan like Trump proposed would have been very difficult.

Taxes would have been like playing tee ball. I think it will look something like what Trump proposed. Less brackets with the majority of cuts going to top earners. Ryan has consistently proposed lowering capital gains (top rate down to 16.5% I believe) which wasn't in Trumps plan. Couple that with repeal of the investment tax and that is a huge cut for investors as well.

Naturally the lowest earners would receive next to no benefit.

I'm sure Trump and Bannon knew the GOP would be an absolute failure at passing healthcare legislation.

Im just hoping this shit show has a purpose and leads to exposure of the GOP. The constituency needs act and start removing these fuckers.
They knew the GOP was incompetent but I'd bet Trump though he can either con them into passing it or bully them. But he probably didn't realize that when someone thinks they'd lose their seat if they pass the bill a threat that they'll lose their seat if the don't isn't effective.

Back