Paul O'Neill, founder and composer of Trans-Siberian Orchestra passes away at 61

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/trans-siberian-orchestra-creator-paul-oneill-dies-at-61/

pauloneilltso_638.jpg

Paul O'Neill, creator of the multi-platinum rock theater experience TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, has passed away from chronic illness. He was 61 years old.

The news of O'Neill's death was broken on the TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Facebook page. The statement added: "[Paul] was our friend and our leader — a truly creative spirit and an altruistic soul. This is a profound and indescribable loss for us all."

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA formed in 1996 out of the ashes of the Florida power metal band SAVATAGE and started touring three years later, connecting with fans by releasing a series of rock operas, such as 1996's "Christmas Eve And Other Stories", 1998's "The Christmas Attic" and 2004's "The Lost Christmas Eve". Over the past 20 years, it has become a critically acclaimed, multi-platinum, musical powerhouse. The progressive rock group's record-setting "rock theater" tours sell out venues year after year and they have cemented their status as a must attend, multi-generational, holiday tradition.

Sad to hear, I got into metal operas and concept albums partially because of him and his work with Savatage. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to Gutter Ballet and Streets A Rock Opera in the past. I'm playing them now in his honor.

You know what to do, post your favorite TSO or Savatage tracks in here.

Heard about this via Facebook.

TSO is something I never experienced enough of, but I always loved how they took Rock and Metal and it's many talented musicians and added a different theme... plus, I love me a bit of Savatage, currently listening too Gutter Ballet ^

Back