Paul Manafort Trump ex campaign manager, illegal payments from Ukraine

I already said in the other thread Manafort is likely done. Can tell how people around Trump are distancing from him and downplaying him. Seems like there is little to no doubt Trump's team feels Manafort's corruption has already been well uncovered by investigators.

Is that the guy who was definitely not spied on, or is it Michael Flynn who was also definitely not spied on? Damn baseless accusations.

Is that the guy who was definitely not spied on, or is it Michael Flynn who was also definitely not spied on? Damn baseless accusations.
This one was Trumps former campaign manager, that had shady dealings with the Ukraine, and has been busted taking illegal payments.
Someone from the Ukraine turned his ass in, read the article, pretty interesting. Foreign powers have always bought US elected officials, but I have never seen one, so busted in doing it.

If the secret right-wing alliance between Trump and Russia turns out to be real then who else would immediately join the cause? It's such a tease.

Is this the same guy who allegedly assaulted a journalist during the campaign?

This one was Trumps former campaign manager, that had shady dealings with the Ukraine, and has been busted taking illegal payments.
Someone from the Ukraine turned his ass in, read the article, pretty interesting. Foreign powers have always bought US elected officials, but I have never seen one, so busted in doing it.
Good that he's out, but it's a pretty hard sell to call one party "xenophobic" while also denouncing foreign involvement.

For me, I have conservative ideas without putting much faith in republicans. I'm constantly disappointment in them, but they're closest to what I actually believe, even if they don't follow it themselves.

BTW, every Ukranian I know just calls it Ukraine, rather than "the" Ukraine.

If only they put the same amount of scrutiny and investigative power onto every politician's business dealings in Washington.

Last edited:
Is this the same guy who allegedly assaulted a journalist during the campaign?
You're thinking of Corey Lewandowski. Manafort is a real piece of work, even for a lobbyist.

If only they put the same amount of scrutiny and investigative power onto every politician's business dealings in Washington.
They should, if I ran the world lobbyists and the corrupt politicians would be lined up against a wall and shot for treason. But for now, this is Trump's mess and his team should have kept their noses cleaner.

Wasn't the campaign slogan: Expand the swamp? Is normal.

Well according to Spicer Manafort was "only there a short time", Flynn simply a "volunteer" and Carter Page was a "hanger on".

Manfort was hired by the campaign in May to lead it's delegate effort when GOP was trying to stage a convention coup, but was promoted up to Campaign Chairman when Lewandowski was fired in June. Manafort served in this capacity until late August when he was forced to resign. Manafort was campaign chair when Pence was selected as Trump's running mate, tricking Trump into staying another night in Indiana to meet with Pence by claiming plane trouble when Trump had decided on Christie and wanted to fly back to NY to make the announcement. Manafort was also campaign chair during the Republican National Convention. And even after he resigned from the campaign, he was brought back in as part of the Trump Transition team after he won. Manafort also lives in Trump Tower.

Michael Flynn might not have been paid, so sure he could have been a volunteer, but he was sold as Trump's top security adviser the whole of the campaign. Flynn might not have bothered getting paid by the campaign given he was making $500K for four months of lobbying for Turkey while part of the Trump campaign. Flynn was also vetted for Trump's running mate, and was first and only choice to be his NSA.

is Russia the only foreign country that didn't give money to hillary?

Back