Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin added to Bellator 183 on Sept. 23 in San Jose

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
By Mike Bohn July 24, 2017 7:50 pm

paul-daley-bellator-1792.jpg

A significant welterweight bout between Paul Daley and Lorenz Larkin is the latest addition to September’s Bellator 183 lineup.

Bellator officials today confirmed the bout to MMAjunkie following an initial report from The Telegraph.

Bellator 183 takes place at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif. The card airs on Spike following prelims streamed on MMAjunkie, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.

Daley (39-15-2 MMA, 5-2 BMMA) is coming off a second-round submission loss to Rory MacDonaldin the main event of Bellator 179 in May. It was a one-sided loss in what was a No. 1 contender fighter in the welterweight division, but now the British knockout artist looks to rebound against a fighter he apparently doesn’t think very highly of.

“Larkin is overrated,” Daley told The Telegraph. “I think that I gave Douglas Lima more of a fight when we fought. I brought it to him 100 percent. I don’t feel like Larkin did that. Not to mention, I don’t think Lima feared Larkin, and as a result, he underperformed. I think even Rory [MacDonald] feared me standing up. Granted, he has the superior ground skills, but he feared a stand-up exchange with me. Let’s see what Larkin does in San Jose.”

Larkin (18-6 MMA, 0-1 BMMA), who moved over to Bellator from the UFC earlier this year as a free agent, was granted a 170-pound title shot against champ Douglas Lima in his promotional debut at Bellator NYC in June. He suffered a unanimous-decision loss and said getting a quick opportunity to rebound was essential.

“From the get-go with Scott [Coker], I made it clear that I want to stay active and get right back in there following my fights,” Larkin said. “After Bellator NYC I got a call, and I was chomping at the bit to take another high-level, competitive fight and right now, Paul [Daley] is that guy.”

The latest Bellator 183 card now includes:

• Benson Henderson vs. Patricky Freire
  • Javy Ayala vs. Roy Nelson
  • Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin
  • Aaron Pico vs. opponent TBA
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/paul-d...-added-to-bellator-183-on-sept-23-in-san-jose

Bellator bringing the fights to end the year, good matchup. Shaping up to be a fun card outside of the possible silver platter can to Pico fight.

Looking forward to that one, can't wait.

Now this is a fight I can get behind, nice matchup should bring fireworks

That's an excellent match up, should be an insane striking match. Fun card so far, wondering if Nelson will turn into a straight grappler against Ayala like he did against Lewis.

a little confused, I thought Daley wasn't going to fight this year thats why they booked the MVP fight for next year and are having MVP box to stay active, did I miss something?

This card is great thus far. I gor Daley winning this by KO personally

Bellator bringing the fights to end the year, good matchup. Shaping up to be a fun card outside of the possible silver platter can to Pico fight.

You are now the Bellator matchmaker... Who do you have Pico fight? Go...

Good fights. I'd probably buy tickets if it were a bit closer. Forum,staples, Honda. I would have gone.

Should be a 5 fight main card. Thomson, piccolotti, McDonald are some of my picks for the last slot. anyone know if Thomson is under any medical suspension due to te pitbull fight?

Also, on second though, piccolotti might be prelim

Uh why is Daley fighting Larkin and MVP is boxing instead of fighting each other like was planned?

Great fight. Bellator 183 has just been promoted to a can't miss event.

Good fights. I'd probably buy tickets if it were a bit closer. Forum,staples, Honda. I would have gone.

Should be a 5 fight main card. Thomson, piccolotti, McDonald are some of my picks for the last slot. anyone know if Thomson is under any medical suspension due to te pitbull fight?

Also, on second though, piccolotti might be prelim

Well if he sticks to his word all of his remaining fights will be in Sj and and in an interview recently Coker made it sound like maybe Freeman vs Thomson

great matchup. Bellator is doing a verry decent job at matchmaking lately

so i guess Daley is only injured when MVP is the name on the bout agreement.

so i guess Daley is only injured when MVP is the name on the bout agreement.

Larkin is a much tougher match up than MVP, at least on paper. Plus Daley's last few fight have been very difficult, wouldn't say that he is ducking MVP.

Great fight, I think Larkin will beat him.

Looking forward to Njokuani-Koreshkov fight, I think Njokuani will perform an upset here.

Should be entertaining fight.

Larkin should take it fairly easily by just being a much better well rounded fighter. Daley has more or less a punchers chance.

Back