Paul Craig on submission win over Magomed Ankalaev (vid)

That was one of the craziest, last SECONDS, come from behind wins I have ever seen.

He was getting completely outclassed the full fight, then triangles the guy as the fight is almost done.

"He got some sort of Russian Strength about him, I don't know what they feed them up in Russia"...dude, haven't you watched "Icarus"?

"Yeah that was my plan all along. He had no chance, I was just toying with him"

jk

That was one of the craziest, last SECONDS, come from behind wins I have ever seen.

He was getting completely outclassed the full fight, then triangles the guy as the fight is almost done.
<6>

Nearly jumped out of my seat. I love a last second win like that.

Craig is so lucky. He is not a good fighter, his fights with Pedro and Rountree showed how bad his striking is and even Ankalaev took him down and reversed him each time he got put on his back. Sure, it is a very good win for Craig who showed nothing good in this fight, but a lucky submission attempt. But come on, 9.9/10 times, Ankalaev wins this. He got super lucky.

Ankalaev is a much better fighter and still will get better. Craig's only route to victory is from guard, he will get finished in his next fight I bet. Look how easily Pedro dominated him on the mat, and Rountree made him look silly.

#HEART !!! Lesson learned... Don't let your guard down for one second.

Craig is so lucky. He is not a good fighter, his fights with Pedro and Rountree showed how bad his striking is and even Ankalaev took him down and reversed him each time he got put on his back. Sure, it is a very good win for Craig who showed nothing good in this fight, but a lucky submission attempt. But come on, 9.9/10 times, Ankalaev wins this. He got super lucky.

Ankalaev is a much better fighter and still will get better. Craig's only route to victory is from guard, he will get finished in his next fight I bet. Look how easily Pedro dominated him on the mat, and Rountree made him look silly.
Craig may have got lucky but the loss for the Russian can by no means be put down to luck..

If the Russian was so good he would have finished Craig... Anyone who is good enough for say top 15 will finish Paul Craig without a hitch but ANkalaev didn't manage to hurt him bad other than the body shot.

I wasn't impressed by ANkalaev at all.

Ugh truth be told he got luck AF. That Russian cat was pushing his shit in all damn day
Thats what made it all the better. I wasn't really invested in either guy. I just wanted something to happen.

Back