Patricio Freire vs. Emmanuel Sanchez headlines Bellator's return to Israel on Nov. 15

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Veteran Bellator featherweight Emmanuel Sanchez will get his chance to vie for the division’s crown when he takes on champ Patricio Freire this fall.

The featherweight title fight will headline Bellator’s third event in Israel on Nov. 15, a person close to Sanchez and a Bellator official today confirmed to MMAjunkie. The people requested anonymity because the booking has not yet been made official.

The Nov. 15 event will take place in Tel Aviv at Menora Mivtachim Arena, which previously hosted two successful events for the Viacom-owned promotion. The event has yet to be officially named, but main card fights will air on Paramount following prelims on MMAjunkie.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/bellator-patricio-freire-vs-emmanuel-sanchez-set-israel-nov-15

Good they're keeping Pitbull busy now that he's back. Good fight, as much as I love the pitbull Bros I'm split on who I want to win here.

Good fight

Fight to make.

Idk if it’s just me, but Sanchez strikes me as a bit of an enigma. I look at his fighting style and his ability and I don’t see anything special in particular. Doesn’t have awesome power, speed, pace, grappling, or striking. He looks like an overall above average fighter, yet he makes it work for him. Continues to win fights and really impressed in his last fight against straus. Guess it’s just a case of being a jack of all trades > master of one.

On the fight, should be exciting. Grappling and striking should both be fun. I have pitbull by decision. Can’t wait.

Edit: forgot that Sanchez fought Sicilia

Last edited:
Good fight

Fight to make.

Idk if it’s just me, but Sanchez strikes me as a bit of an enigma. I look at his fighting style and his ability and I don’t see anything special in particular. Doesn’t have awesome power, speed, pace, grappling, or striking. He looks like an overall above average fighter, yet he makes it work for him. Continues to win fights and really impressed in his last fight against straus. Guess it’s just a case of being a jack of all trades > master of one.

On the fight, should be exciting. Grappling and striking should both be fun. I have pitbull by decision. Can’t wait.

He has speed but he definitely needs more power

Good fight

Fight to make.

His pace and grit seemingly break dudes, but I think this will look like his fights agains Curran and Weichel — Pitbull will be a step ahead of him at all times, but he'll be game enough to keep things interesting.

His pace and grit seemingly break dudes, but I think this will look like his fights agains Curran and Weichel — Pitbull will be a step ahead of him at all times, but he'll be game enough to keep things interesting.
I’ll concerd that if his pace but even then, I’m not fully convinced

He holds a steady pace with steady pressure, but nothing to marvel at.

Not knocking on the dude though. I know he will give a fight. I agree that pitbull has the tools to beat him.

So will this be our first chance to see the event live via DAZN streaming or will they be pulling the Bellatape delay we’re all so accustomed to?

I’m pulling for Sanchez, but I’m worried about him making weight.

Good fight

Fight to make.

He's a technical kickboxer with great Bjj I've been very impressed with his growth and last 2 fights were stopped by submission.

He doesn't have 1 hit KO power but his striking is very crisp and he never tired regardless of the position.

If he can survive the 1st round and keep pressure on pitbull he could gas him and get a decision but this will be a very tough fight for him.

So will this be our first chance to see the event live via DAZN streaming or will they be pulling the Bellatape delay we’re all so accustomed to?
from what i remember, i think it's going to be tape delayed on paramount, as per usual, but it will be live on DAZN.

I’ll concerd that if his pace but even then, I’m not fully convinced

He holds a steady pace with steady pressure, but nothing to marvel at.

Not knocking on the dude though. I know he will give a fight. I agree that pitbull has the tools to beat him.
I think that's why he's been having success. It's not an insane pace he keeps, but one he can sustain for as long as he needs to.

Sometimes steady pressure is what makes guys wilt, but I get what you're saying though. Sanchez is not a guy that looks impressive in most of his fights, seems to be the kind of guy that fights to the level of his opponents more often than not.

Right fight for the div, Sanchez was next. Hopefully its a good fight, think Pitbull wins.

Good fight...I think Patricio will put his lethal hands on Sanchez’s iron Mexican chin in route to a UD win..

Back