Patio Furniture/Outdoor Furniture

HeavyHands20

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Curious what my fellow Sherdoggers would recommend when it comes to outdoor furniture. I live in Kansas City, so we get all 4 seasons of the year. Over the past 15 years, any outdoor furniture I've used on the deck/patio, nothing truly holds up. When I say holds up, I mean breaks down or fades rather quickly. I'm wondering what recommendations are out there based on your personal experiences. (material and brand names)

Here is a list of what I've used over the years
Have no idea what brands I have owned, but everything was purchased through Home Depot, Lowe's, and/or True Value/Ace Hardware.

Glass tables with medal legs (HATE THEM)
Glass obtained a foggy look over 6 months and the legs were uneven in the same amount of time causing the table to constantly wobble. Was always nervous during hail storms afraid the glass would shatter, lol.

Wicker chairs with medal frame/legs (Horrible)
The wicker became loose causing the seat to sink in and eventually break over a year. Medal legs became uneven also making the chair wobbly.

Wooden chairs made from pressure treated wood (Mediocre)
This option stood up over time, but everything seems to be built really bulky and isnt the most comfortable, and you definitely have to use cushions (which requires storing during wet weather conditions)

Rod Iron chair and table (Mediocre)
Same as the wood, holds up well over time, but requires cushions for comfortability. The black fades to a brownish color and rust is found in different spots. Pricier than all the other options as well.

What kind of medals were they, Olympic or military service medals?

Curious what my fellow Sherdoggers would recommend when it comes to outdoor furniture. I live in Kansas City, so we get all 4 seasons of the year. Over the past 15 years, any outdoor furniture I've used on the deck/patio, nothing truly holds up. When I say holds up, I mean breaks down or fades rather quickly. I'm wondering what recommendations are out there based on your personal experiences. (material and brand names)

Here is a list of what I've used over the years
Have no idea what brands I have owned, but everything was purchased through Home Depot, Lowe's, and/or True Value/Ace Hardware.

Glass tables with medal legs (HATE THEM)
Glass obtained a foggy look over 6 months and the legs were uneven in the same amount of time causing the table to constantly wobble. Was always nervous during hail storms afraid the glass would shatter, lol.

Wicker chairs with medal frame/legs (Horrible)
The wicker became loose causing the seat to sink in and eventually break over a year. Medal legs became uneven also making the chair wobbly.

Wooden chairs made from pressure treated wood (Mediocre)
This option stood up over time, but everything seems to be built really bulky and isnt the most comfortable, and you definitely have to use cushions (which requires storing during wet weather conditions)

Rod Iron chair and table (Mediocre)
Same as the wood, holds up well over time, but requires cushions for comfortability. The black fades to a brownish color and rust is found in different spots. Pricier than all the other options as well.

Purchase real wicker, not plastic. It is freaking pricey though. Oddly enough I have this Ikea set, NO BS, its been out there two years, brutal heat, rain, and it still looks like new. I live in AZ though. Also purchase real wood or build it, and seal it. Not just with sealer but polycoat it as well.

What kind of medals were they, Olympic or military service medals?
Who you think will loose in next weaks PPV cart? Their are only too chooses you can make. Pick juan carefully.

All you will ever need bruh.....

Rod iron is my favorite type of medal next to stainless still and ten foil.

Rod iron is my favorite type of medal next to stainless still and ten foil.
878406799l1.jpg

I heard Kansas City is a cozzy town; we plan to visit our friends next summer. If you have four seasons a year, you should take care that the furniture does not deteriorate from temperature extremes.

I remember we had a small couch that was going to be thrown away that ended up staying on the patio for a while, along with a couple chairs and a little table. Code Enforcement said we couldnt have it, it looked like someone was living there

we just shrugged and removed some of the stuff, wouldnt have been worth it to fight

Have it carved out of stone then just put nice cushions on it.

I have bistro style chairs made of plastic, super comfortable and professional grade (YOu need a commercial tax number to buy them). The real, rotin ones are mad expensive and currently the waiting time for that must be like 43 years.

I recently bought a wicker patio sectional with cushions for really good deal. It's under our patio cover, but the sectional came with a weatherproof cover so I currently have it covered since rain can still reach part of the furniture on a windy day. Other then that I have a dining table/chairs from ikea that I got a long time ago and those $20 plastic adirondack chairs that can be stacked. Nothing special, but we don't use the backyard often.

Outdoor furniture requires special care. Outdoor furniture requires special care. When I lived with my parents, I cleaned the external doors and furniture once a week with different solutions. I realized that the products I used were damaging items when a designer came to our house and told us that furnishings needed special care. Alcohol-based cleaning supplies have a negative effect on wood and glass. We had to change our doors, and my dad chose internaldoorsuk.co.uk. I asked for supervision this time, and they told me to use special cleaners to wipe away the dirt. It was a good thing I learned on time.

Back