PATH OF EXILE Official Thread, v1: Serious Improvements Coming Out

Are cast on crit discharge builds back in the meta yet? it was always my favourite build to play and I sort of lost interest when they nerfed it into oblivion.

ouch. yeah. absolutely gutted. although, i'm not sure why he doesn't use a voll's for double the charges, but whatever.

backtracking to the ladders that poe doesn't even have and how i've just been doing really stupid (but fun) shit...

JDuu7jw.png

...there are even ladders for the super cereal capture the flag.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1306233

(the added joke is that character is slow as shit. that rating won't last long. haha)

ouch. yeah. absolutely gutted. although, i'm not sure why he doesn't use a voll's for double the charges, but whatever.

60c budget build. I'd say the vid is a good demonstration of the power creep. CoC Discharge was "dead" but you can kill Chimera on a 5L and 4.5k health.

60c budget build. I'd say the vid is a good demonstration of the power creep. CoC Discharge was "dead" but you can kill Chimera on a 5L and 4.5k health.

right. but you can also kill shaper with glacial hammer, so... it doesn't really matter. the game got way too stupid/easy. so you're right about the power creep being on display, but coc discharge is still shit in comparison to a wide array of meta skills/builds.

right. but you can also kill shaper with glacial hammer, so... it doesn't really matter. the game got way too stupid/easy. so you're right about the power creep being on display, but coc discharge is still shit in comparison to a wide array of meta skills/builds.

You can kill shaper with a lot of builds. Doing it on a 60c budget is another story. Saying CoC Discharge is shit makes it sound like it's not viable in any way when it totally is. It's not S Tier but it's viable. Maybe even more so in 3.0.

Excited to jump back into this when 3.0 hits. I usually play a league or two in a row, then skip one, but 3.0 will be too big to skip for sure!

You can kill shaper with a lot of builds. Doing it on a 60c budget is another story. Saying CoC Discharge is shit makes it sound like it's not viable in any way when it totally is. It's not S Tier but it's viable. Maybe even more so in 3.0.

...it is shit. even with a 300 ex budget, it pales significantly.

everything is "viable." but there's little reason to use a shit build that takes 10x longer to clear a map than dozens of builds. it's one thing to do a hipster build for the lulz (or dumbass subscribers on youtwitch), it's another to actually think it compares to meta. it's not just s tier. even melee has much better than it (and i mean actual melee [ie: cleave] , in contrast to "melee" (ie: sunder).

Wave 4 Beta Patch
We will be deploying Beta Wave 4 in around 10-15 days. This will focus on balance and builds. This will include a few other bits and pieces we've been working on, including things like the new Bleed Keystone.

After that our main focus will be on getting ready for release! We still currently have no further Beta wipes planned. Thank you again for your continued efforts in testing the new content and leaving constructive feedback. We really appreciate it!

So, August release but probably not.

i think they reallllllly dropped the ball with letting legacy league run forever, instead of just making another 3 month league and delaying 3.0 until that league ended. it would have given concrete dates and avoided most of the (easily foreseen) issues of the moment.

now legacy league is forever, there's a sort of august 3.0 date that no one really believes in, and there are about as many disgruntled players as excited (for 3.0).

trash.

"improved performance" = cancer

it runs so well that you'll miss the launch of d3. which... was quite similar.

edit:

if any of you had any of the absurd graphical/gpu/cpu/black screen/ fullsized to windows, wrecking gpu while minimized, etc issues i was plagued with:

reverting to directx 9 ex and fullscreen took care of them. i also turned shadows off, but that probably wasn't related to the new bs (and isn't needed unless you pvp or play in a group with someone running gmp/dying sun fireballs or something).

what a terrible launch. really makes me wonder just what the point of 3.0 beta was.

Last edited:
trash.

"improved performance" = cancer

it runs so well that you'll miss the launch of d3. which... was quite similar.

edit:

if any of you had any of the absurd graphical/gpu/cpu/black screen/ fullsized to windows, wrecking gpu while minimized, etc issues i was plagued with:

reverting to directx 9 ex and fullscreen took care of them. i also turned shadows off, but that probably wasn't related to the new bs (and isn't needed unless you pvp or play in a group with someone running gmp/dying sun fireballs or something).

what a terrible launch. really makes me wonder just what the point of 3.0 beta was.
So .. not worth playing yet ?

So .. not worth playing yet ?

it's ok after i basically reverted all the graphical settings. there are still a bunch of bugs, though. and i haven't seen or heard of people in queues since last night - that was truly out of the d3 launch's playbook. i can't fault ggg for the demand exceeding their server capacity (they did get additional servers for the launch, too), but the numerous bugs that killed their realms and required 4 different patches was kind of absurd (i mean, again... what was beta for?).

i didn't even try harbinger yet (so i can't comment on how good/bad the harbinger mechanics are yet), i just got done getting all my passives back for my pvp char... which required doing a ton of side quests.

Motha fucka

I was playing all weekend and died last night to the last boss of act 10. My drive to start a new character is low atm, might leave it a couple of days 'till i'm less salty.

I like the league so far. The Harbinger mechanic is serviceable to say the least. GGG's focus was clearly on acts 5-10. Things are still fast but not Legacy League breach/beyond/full sextant levels of ridiculousness.

Acts 5-10 were mostly enjoyable. Of the "recycled" zones, I only had a gripe with a few of them. Particularly the zones from A4. Everything else felt different enough to not seem like a copy paste job.

I like the league so far. The Harbinger mechanic is serviceable to say the least. GGG's focus was clearly on acts 5-10. Things are still fast but not Legacy League breach/beyond/full sextant levels of ridiculousness.

Acts 5-10 were mostly enjoyable. Of the "recycled" zones, I only had a gripe with a few of them. Particularly the zones from A4. Everything else felt different enough to not seem like a copy paste job.
I am dreading the grind through acts 1-4. Act 1 was short enough, but I hate act 2 for some reason.

not really. the harbinger mechanics are stale and lame. the drops are even lamer. chaos shards? really? orb shards are (again) stale. seeing power creep in orbs is disconcerting (ancient, annulment).

that said, they just announced that they're making an update to 'fix' how crappy harbinger is. i suspect it'll just be drop rates, but whatever.

as for the new acts... it's a bit of good and bad. act 6 was nice, but it felt like each act got worse/lamer.

doedre/shav's/maligaro? again? come the fuck on. and then... AGAIN? WTF. so fucking lame.

the spider boss and the minor gods seemed fun/a nice touch. solaris/lunaris was decent, but they should probably have way more hp. i killed them too quickly to really get into their mechanics. but i'm sick of these retarded boss fights involving a tiny area with too much shit, so you can't even see what's happening (ie: malachai, brine king). kitava fight is so fucking dumb and looked/felt like belial from diablow 3.

a lot of the areas (even recycled ones) look fantastic. ie: lunaris. the boiling lake's monster progression was a nice detail.

and the worst maps ever that get played once per league just for atlas completion are now mandatory zones - factory (refinery) and quarry. ugh.

Died again... FML.

The Harbinger stuff is pretty shit tbh, like I didn't have enough problems filling my inventory before now 2/3's of it is filled with fucking currency.

Anyone playing? I'm on my first character, lvl 76 going for a blade vortex elemental build. Seems to be working really well. The only complaint I have is there is now too much to do in this game. If you want to be competitive you need to sink 10s of hours a day into it.

I love that you don't have to repeat the story 3 times to reach end game now. That is a refreshing change to the standard ARPG formula.

Whisper me: ___Portia___

playing it right now im lvl 86 spectres summoner / 84 totem champion what i hate is its hard to find good gears with the resistances i need

P.S also the inventory is just WAY too SMALL this is ridiculous

Back