PATH OF EXILE Official Thread, v1: Serious Improvements Coming Out | Page 3

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Panmisiek, May 29, 2016.

1. freaky Black Belt

freaky
    Anyone still playing? I just started on legacy league and it's a great league to start. I get to experience all the previous leagues. I'm a cast when damage taken Marauder. I just walk around and people die when they touch me. So fun. Anyone still on want to do some mapping or freebies to a fellow sherbro? Just started so I'm poor and lonely. Been soloing.

POE 3.0 is adding 6 new acts. Anyone planning to get back into it? And they getting rid of cruel and merciless difficulty too. Can't wait for 3.0 with all the cool updates but I'm not done with 2.6 legacy league yet. I just started. So much to do. omg!!!

2. Gref Scumdog

Gref
    I'm playing occasionally while waiting for 3.0 to drop. LSC. Current character is named Revived.

3. Cygnus A Purple Belt

Cygnus A
    Is there a release date yet? I will jump in when 3.0 launches. I have no desire to play until then.

4. echohead Black Belt

echohead
    Same here

5. Gref Scumdog

Gref
    Seems like a sliding August release at this point lol.

6. TobyT White Belt

TobyT
    I been wanting to try this game out but haven't got around to it.

7. Bob Gray Deadlights Belt

Bob Gray
    As far as I know it's pretty much the apex of what a FTP game can offer. Haven't seen another title offering such an immense amount of content without any paywalls.

8. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    to be fair, there are definitely some paywalls. 4 tabs just isn't enough if one wants to trade/make economic moves.

if anyone wants to pvp (hld), feel free to send a pm.

9. Gref Scumdog

Gref
    agreed. a currency tab and premium tab are like the bare minimum and even then having a more tabs feels like a huge QoL improvement.

10. Bob Gray Deadlights Belt

Bob Gray
    Yeah, I can see that. For me personally, I don't quite think it qualifies since it's "optional" (technically) and isn't actually considered game content (i.e. you could play the entire game from beginning to end without them). It's semantics, though. If you play for an extended period of time, it's unlikely you won't be paying for those.

I was actually trying to think of another FTP game with this much fully accessible content . Is there one? TF2 has a shit ton of content and you'd never have to pay a dime, but it's hard to compare since they're such different genres.

11. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    warframe seemed soooooooooooort of similar.

it's f2p. but it definitely has a p2w aspect (like, one can just literally buy gear from the game's interface). that said, they did keep that aspect somewhat under control (it wasn't a big deal...because the game isn't really competitive at all). but if you asked warframe players if it's p2w they'd have fucking meltdowns. so don't do that. haha.

i ended up giving it a try eventually, even knowing it was p2w. it was... ok. but i then realized there was basically zero end-game content and quit. but as far as 'ethical' f2p goes, it was similar to poe.

my concern with poe is that just a couple years ago, it was staunchly anti-p2w. ggg still claims such, but a p2w element has continued to seep into the game, and moreso every release. it's all tab-related, though (started when their API was limited to premium tabs.

marvel heroes is supposed to be sorta similar. but i know little to nothing about that.

12. Bob Gray Deadlights Belt

Bob Gray
    Marvel Heroes kinda blew at release. Supposedly its much better now, though.

13. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    yeah, that's it's rep.

and i guess brevik did that game but he left it. i'm not sure if he's still assisting ggg or if that was just for the chinese realm release, or whatever.

14. SeefourDC Green Belt

SeefourDC
    Seriously? Did you just suggest buying bank storage tabs is paying to win?

You can 100% play this game self found and even use other toons as backup storage if need be. If you want to participate in economy you do need 1 premium tab to sell things easily though. Auctioning sucks by comparison.

15. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    yes, it's absolutely p2w.

OBVIOUSLY, someone can play ssf if s/he wants. and OBVIOUSLY, s/he'd be at a disadvantage when compared to anyone who can freely trade.

premium tabs allow one to trade efficiently... and accurately. which is especially important when it comes to currency. people trading currency rarely even message anyone without the API tag, whenever one with the tag is available.

sure, one CAN technically trade without premium tabs, but forum posts are awfully inefficient... and, of course, highly disadvantaged when compared to anyone using premium tabs/API.

this isn't even taking into account the most obvious issue of all - 4 tabs is woefully too little to even think about economically competing.

i don't understand how you can suggest 1 premium tab when also feigning the very thought of it being p2w being ludicrous. good luck getting mirrors without any.

16. SeefourDC Green Belt

SeefourDC
    Let me count the ways you are woefully wrong. First point there is nothing to win it's just a matter of efficiency and therefore you aren't paying to win anything. The game is not competitive. There are no ladders to top. Most of the game is playing in isolation or with a friend or two.

Furthermore using the economy is entirely a choice. There are plenty of streamers who prove every season you can self found kill all content.

Also wtf mirrors lol... the average player getting a mirror is a miracle either by drop or trade. Guys who have been streaming for years never find a mirror. This is nonsense

Not only that but to the tune of 20 bucks you get a premium stash tab bundle without it even being on sale. If you play the game enough that you could get a mirror and you aren't even willing to support its development that much you suck.

So please tell me what money is going to help me win in this game? Can't wait to hear about those prizes.

17. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    hahahahhahaha just... wow. <SelenaWow>

<TheWire1>

whaaaaaaaaat? sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong.

there are ladders on each league. there are PVP ladders on each league, even for regions. even for ssf. and races.

ffs, there's a "ladders" menu right on poe's main page. ( https://www.pathofexile.com/ )

good job!

umm...

yup, and they'll get rekt by their trading counterparts.

and yet, i've had dozens. tell me more.

nice logical fallacy. so it's not p2w, except that it is but if you don't give them money "you suck."

A+

...there are also prizes in literally every race season. from alt arts (which include the most expensive items in the game - alt art alpha's howl and queen's decree) to demigod's ____ to alienware laptops, razer keyboards/mice, shirts, and other stuff.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1514740

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302121

you know seemingly nothing at all about this.

18. Gref Scumdog

Gref
    Hopped on for a bit and decided to try my luck at crafting.

[​IMG]

I used trans/aug/alts until I hit the flat ES. Regal'd the second res and crafted the third. Slammed two Exalts and got hybrid and +%ES.

Much better regalias out there but I just couldn't believe my luck this time.

19. RoryFan Wears Hats

RoryFan
    Are cast on crit discharge builds back in the meta yet? it was always my favourite build to play and I sort of lost interest when they nerfed it into oblivion.

20. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    no. unless i'm missing something, coc was gutted pretty hard and no one really uses it.

but because ggg has no balance team, cast while channeling does basically the same, but is pretty stupidly broken/OP. but i'm not sure how meta even that is. meta seems to be flaskfinder with some sort of projectile build (vinktar's and dying sun up constantly 12345), doesn't seem to matter if ranged attack or spell.

RoryFan likes this.