Pat Tillman- from American football player to hero

Don't pull the "he died for X" bullshit. Most wars are complete bullshit. Our freedoms were not in anyway challenged by a bunch of 3rd world religious nutjobs.
Well that's one way to spin it I guess. Delegitimization of a soldier dying in battle, I've seen it all now.

The flag also has the color white in it.

The color white and red are tyipcal colors worn by the klu klux klan.

This means that the united states and canada and many other countries should change their racist flags...
'No refuge can save a hireling nor slave from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave'

Your national anthem, folks

They are.

Do your research

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's re d glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:
Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

nope! Not in the anthem

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's re d glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:
Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

nope! Not in the anthem
https://amhistory.si.edu/starspangledbanner/pdf/ssb_lyrics.pdf

Source: the smithsonian

the rest of the song could be about the transformers for all i care.

We dont sing those parts.

There is a reason we dont sing those parts.

You are making a point about parts of the song we dont sing or consider to be part of our actual anthem.

I pasted you the part of the song we consider our anthem which is the part we sing and celebrate.

As such i dont care about an other words, and neither should you. Unless you are looking for something/ anything to be upset over?

Pat Tillman is only a hero because he was killed by his own squad. I like people who weren't killed.

He was killed while helping his buddies. "...Tillman's group, which had traveled ahead, scaled a ridgeline to provide assistance to fellow Rangers under attack." The incident happened at night due to poor visibility and poor communication. He is a hero for serving his country and turning down a $3.6 million contract with the Cardinals.

ap060824036648-ea0cc0a3c07d4d2349dee96e251ec82cf19f0d45-s400-c85.jpg

the rest of the song could be about the transformers for all i care.

We dont sing those parts.

There is a reason we dont sing those parts.

You are making a point about parts of the song we dont sing or consider to be part of our actual anthem.

I pasted you the part of the song we consider our anthem which is the part we sing and celebrate.

As such i dont care about an other words, and neither should you. Unless you are looking for something/ anything to be upset over?
Again, a very dark song written by a bad man. Why did we choose it to be our national anthem?

Say what you want about the Bush administration's prosecution of the wars in afghanistan and Iraq, but I think it's extreme folly to pretend as if they were not worthwhile goaled endeavors. Afghanistan was run by a terrorist outlaw regime that was exporting Jihadis across the region.

Yeah. The war in Afghanistan made the US more secure. And has promoted peace in the region.

We should have gone after those responsible for the 9/11 attack the same way the Israelis went after those responsible for the Munich massacre.

Yeah. The war in Afghanistan made the US more secure. And has promoted peace in the region.

We should have gone after those responsible for the 9/11 attack the same way the Israelis went after those responsible for the Munich massacre.

Again, there is a difference between the goal, and the prosecution....

Again, a very dark song written by a bad man. Why did we choose it to be our national anthem?

Because the words are great in the verse chosen.

Not the song. The verse.

Nobody acknowledges the full song as to be the anthem, just the verse.

The verse isnt going to be changing any time soon so get warm and cuddly with it.

Oh, you must have been under a rock for the past 16 years (or a coma). Let me be the first to break the news to you. The United States did go after those responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Was Osama bin Laden not killed by U.S. Navy SEALs?

Because the words are great in the verse chosen.

Not the song. The verse.

Nobody acknowledges the full song as to be the anthem, just the verse.

The verse isnt going to be changing any time soon so get warm and cuddly with it.
Lol, we'll see about that

What Kaepernick did requires every bit the courage of what Tillman did. He is in every bit the same danger and has sacrificed just as much. Lets just hope he doesnt undergo the same tragic fate

Oh, you must have been under a rock for the past 16 years (or a coma). Let me be the first to break the news to you. The United States did go after those responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Was Osama bin Laden not killed by U.S. Navy SEALs?
We invaded Afghanistan, and within 2 years decided to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. We then decided to ensure 3 quarters of our military remained engaged with the ONE war that had nothing to do with 9/11 while the REAL culprit lived it up with his Paki buddies in the next country over. It wasnt until a new administration rolled in and refocused everyones attention that Osama got capped.

And for some reason the Saudi regime the bank rolls, supports and supplies these guys remain our number 1 best buddies.

We invaded Afghanistan, and within 2 years decided to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

Completely agree with you on Iraq. There was no proof and the U.S. still went into Iraq, and we laughed at the French who were right. The country would be better off today with Saddam Hussein in control. Not to mention the birth of ISIS in Iraq in 2014. Yeah, I was in the military at the end of 2002 and remember how we were all looking at each other like 'WTF' is this shit with Iraq? Bush fucked up but so did Obama. The credit for the Osama kill really goes to Bush. All the planning and coordination started under his administration.

Anyway, I'm with Trump on those who disrespect the American flag or the American anthem. Two items that are sacred to veterans. They can take a hike and go to Canada or Mexico.

Okay this is going to be a difficult one I believe Pat Tillman was killed intentionally. But that's besides the point Pat Tillman is a true American and a patriot.
And I'm getting sick of these millionaire football players disrespecting everything he stood for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back