Pat Tillman- from American football player to hero

rokzilla

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biography.com/.amp/people/pat-tillman-197041

Joining the Army
When the United States' invaded Afghanistan, Tillman decided to put his professional career on hold in order to join the U.S. military. "Sports embodied many of the qualities I deem meaningful," he said in 2002. "However, these last few years, and especially after recent events, I've come to appreciate just how shallow and insignificant my role is . . . It's no longer important."

After finishing the 2001 season, he planned on enlisting in the U.S. Army with his younger brother, Kevin. His decision to leave the sport to join the military garnered a lot of media attention; some had a hard time believing that Tillman would give up all of the perks of being a professional athlete in order to fight for his country. Yet Tillman turned down a three-year, $3.6 million contract with the Cardinals to enlist. Before starting his military service, Tillman married his high school girlfriend Marie.[/quote

What a hero is.

0901-colin-kaepernick-socks-getty-zoom-3.jpg

What a hero is not.

One's a millionaire and alive and well. The other was killed by his own team in battle.

Pat Tillman seemed like a great guy, it's terrible what happened to him and how the military initially responded.

Do people call Kaepernick a hero? I have never heard that.

One's a millionaire and alive and well. The other was killed by his own team in battle.
One died fighting for you to post on this forum. The other wears outfits Jaden Smith wouldn't even wear while out on the town in New York. Feel better?

Pat Tillman seemed like a great guy, it's terrible what happened to him and how the military initially responded.

Ummmm go to Niner Nation.

Ummmm go to Niner Nation.

You made this thread because of Niner Nation? That might even be a step down from youtube comments.

This seems a lot like the "virtue signaling" that is talked so much about.

Didn't the NFL give Jake Plummer former Denver bronco quarterback absolute hell for just asking to wear pats jersey number or something in honor of his deceased friend?

NFL was eventually pressured into donating money for that but this sitting down anthem is celebrated? Lmao NFL RIP

I never have either.

But google Kaepernick hero. I just did it. And Lol, there is quite a bit!

One died fighting for you to post on this forum. The other wears outfits Jaden Smith wouldn't even wear while out on the town in New York. Feel better?

It's actually a story of two men who were both duped by a false narrative. With one paying a far, far greater price for his lack of critical thinking skills.

You made this thread because of Niner Nation? That might even be a step down from youtube comments.

This seems a lot like the "virtue signaling" that is talked so much about.
As you're posting in this thread, snowflake.

Hold on: you guys really need to do this Trump style

Pat Tillman is only a hero because he was killed by his own squad. I like people who weren't killed.

It's actually a story of two men who were both duped by a false narrative. With one paying a far, far greater price for his lack of critical thinking skills.

Say what you want about the Bush administration's prosecution of the wars in afghanistan and Iraq, but I think it's extreme folly to pretend as if they were not worthwhile goaled endeavors. Afghanistan was run by a terrorist outlaw regime that was exporting Jihadis across the region.

Don't pull the "he died for X" bullshit. Most wars are complete bullshit. Our freedoms were not in anyway challenged by a bunch of 3rd world religious nutjobs.

Pat Tillman risked his life and died so that Kaepernick could protest.

Can someone please explain to these athletes that the anthem is not the police?

The anthem encompasses everything that makes up the united states. Disrespecting the anthem is disrespecting everything that is the united states.

And while i get theirs an issue with the police im fairly certain all these overpaid atheletes enjoy their freedoms during the offseason.

Which makes them all look like idiots.

Can someone please explain to these athletes that the anthem is not the police?

The anthem encompasses everything that makes up the united states. Disrespecting the anthem is disrespecting everything that is the united states.

And while i get theirs an issue with the police im fairly certain all these overpaid atheletes enjoy their freedoms during the offseason.

Which makes them all look like idiots.
The national anthem is a very dark song when you don't omit the third verse. It was written by an outright and outwardly racist man. More people should bring light to the nastiness of Francis Scott Key and the song itself.

The national anthem is a very dark song when you don't omit the third verse. It was written by an outright and outwardly racist man. More people should bring light to the nastiness of Francis Scott Key and the song itself.

The flag also has the color white in it.

The color white and red are tyipcal colors worn by the klu klux klan.

This means that the united states and canada and many other countries should change their racist flags...

The flag also has the color white in it.

The color white and red are tyipcal colors worn by the klu klux klan.

This means that the united states and canada and many other countries should change their racist flags...
Lmao

Back