Pat Miletich provides Matt Hughes injury update, details how accident happened

ekowal69

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich joined the Dwyer and Michaels Morning Show on 97X radio this morning where he provided a few updates on the injuries sustained after fellow Hall of Famer, Matt Hughes wasin a truck that was hit by a train last week.

Miletich who has known Hughes for years said that Hughes is still in a coma, but is responding to people tickling his feet. Miletich said that Hughes was taken off a ventilator to allow him to breathe on his own, but was later placed back on the ventilator after doctors became concerned with his oxygen levels.

Miletich states that the train was traveling at 47 mph and that according to Hughes’ brother Mark, Matt had traveled the road many times before. He said what likely happened was that Matt tried to make it across the tracks before the large train approached and his tires spun, causing him to be stuck in place and delay the crossing.

https://mymmanews.com/pat-miletich-matt-hughes/

I was wondering about how it could have happened and that sounds plausible. Get well Champ!

He said what likely happened was that Matt tried to make it across the tracks before the large train approached and his tires spun, causing him to be stuck in place and delay the crossing.
What?

Still no good news....Prayers for the champ and his family.

I was wondering about how it could have happened and that sounds plausible.
Really?
In a cartoon maybe but in real life?
In one of my old cars (pre traction control) I could spin it up in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but I still kept moving forward pretty quickly.

Really?
In one of my old cars (pre traction control) I could spin it up in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but I still kept moving forward pretty quickly.

Railroad tracks are often times similar to really large speed bumps with the railroad crossings coming well before the roads did and often times on dirt roads and other things. It's not as cut and dry as you make it seem. This could easily happen in a number of rural areas ALL OVER the world.

That's crazy.

Bet he doesn't do that anymore if he lives through this.

Really?

If he was in a truck, the tires will spin because all the weight of the vehicle is in the front.

Hoping the best.

If he was in a truck, the tires will spin because all the weight of the vehicle is in the front.

Hoping the best.

Yeah. I could totally see Hughes driving a 2 wheel drive truck.

Really hope Matt pulls through this, guy is tough as nails

I was thinking potential suicide but trying to outrun trains is definitely a country boy thing to do and don't put it past him.

Occam's razor says the simplest explanation is usually right. He probably tried to beat the train through the crossing and didn't make it.

Last edited:
Really?

Is it safe to assume that if Pat Miletich is relaying an official version of what occurred, then he is relaying information passed on to him by police which they themselves were told by the driver of the train and possible only eyewitness?

Despite his explanation sounding unplausible at first, if you factor in the train driver being an eyewitness, then it does become plausible enough and you could easily picture the rear wheels of his front heavy rear wheel drive vehicle getting stuck in a dirt rut and spinning as he attempted to cross, something that the train driver would have been in a prime position to witness.

Despite the elephant in the room, what Pat says is plausible enough for me to accept it and not dwell on the matter any further until the truth is uncovered at an understandably much later date.

Railroad tracks are often times similar to really large speed bumps with the railroad crossings coming well before the roads did and often times on dirt roads and other things. It's not as cut and dry as you make it seem. This could easily happen in a number of rural areas ALL OVER the world.

I still assumed that there is a bar that comes down, w a flashing red light.
I've never seen a railroad crossing that didn't have this.

It sounds like he saw the train coming and tried to beat it through the intersection. I've seen idiots go around the safety bars to try to beat trains before.

most rural crossings don't have barriers...

Back