partner in class sweating profusely

Chazz Reinhold

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So last week a new guy joined my gym. Big buy like 5'10 270. From the moment warmups start he leaves a sweat slick wherever he goes. I'm talking like he just jumped in a pool and walked on the mat. I'm kind of a germophobe. So today we were working on subs/escape when mounted. He was dripping sweat all over my face I think some went into my mouth which freaked me out. just writing this is making me want to throw up a little in my mouth.

Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this.

I am this guy, just 100 lbs lighter. Some people sweat more than others. It's not something he can control. This is a contact sport. Get over it.

You're made of skin, right? It washes off after practice, yeah? Sounds like you need to breathe through your nose when you roll with this guy, or take up golf maybe.

I sweat a lot too. No where near this level. I know its a contact sport but its still disgusting to me. like a slimy catfish.

im 180cm about 110kg i sweat like a mofo but thats because i do all the work while soyboys play guard off their backs.

I had a training partner that would leak. 6'3", 280. Power lifter. I actually rolled with him a lot. Got me used to stronger guys

People sweat, even people in really good shape sweat, we are men and we have a way to evacuate when it's too hot.

I'm not enjoying dripping swat in people's mouth, but it's just part of the game.

So last week a new guy joined my gym. Big buy like 5'10 270. From the moment warmups start he leaves a sweat slick wherever he goes. I'm talking like he just jumped in a pool and walked on the mat. I'm kind of a germophobe. So today we were working on subs/escape when mounted. He was dripping sweat all over my face I think some went into my mouth which freaked me out. just writing this is making me want to throw up a little in my mouth.

I feel you bro.

Yeah people sweat and some people sweat a lot, no problem.

But then.... There are people who sweat buckets and are basically gross.

Just cuz it’s not their fault doesn’t mean you can’t say it sucks.

I sweat a lot, but I don’t sweat buckets into training partners. When I feel a drop might be falling, I quickly wipe my face with my shoulder since I’m usually gripping sleeves or pants or whatever.

You're made of skin, right? It washes off after practice, yeah? Sounds like you need to breathe through your nose when you roll with this guy, or take up golf maybe.

There's nothing wrong with golf

Just say no. Just try to be nice about it. It's different from the guy with the stinky gi, that can be controlled.

Maybe he will sweat less when he gets in better shape.

Maybe he will sweat less when he gets in better shape.

I train everyday and I sweat a lot, it's just that my body is efficient, I drink loads of water everyday.

I won't be sweating hard when we do technical work, if I feel a drip I would try to wipe it out. But when I'm rolling, I just really don't care about dripping some sweat on the guy who just knee on the throath me.

Is that how they roll in quebec? 1.80cm and 110kg you're a fat mofo lol.

Why are you working with the new guy?

How'd you get paired up with the guy u fear the most?

LOL!

You shouldn't be breathing through your mouth anyway just drilling.

You need to work your cardio so you can keep your crumb catcher shut!

Maybe just maybe jiu jitsu isn't for you.

Sorry bro, that was me.

Also I have aids.

Is that how they roll in quebec? 1.80cm and 110kg you're a fat mofo lol.

We don't talk in kg and cm in Quebec, it's imperial for everything but speed limits and distance, like in the rest of canada.

Never heard a construction worker say I want a 5 CM by 10 CM, they just ask for a 2X4

We don't talk in kg and cm in Quebec, it's imperial for everything but speed limits and distance, like in the rest of canada.

Never heard a construction worker say I want a 5 CM by 10 CM, they just ask for a 2X4

im 180cm about 110kg i sweat like a mofo but thats because i do all the work while soyboys play guard off their backs.

Back