Partially relevant to The Switch: How many consoles do you own? How many do you play?

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by The Big Bang, Jan 11, 2017.

1. The Big Bang Brown Belt

The Big Bang
    There are gamers who primarily own console X...and or console Y, but some people own X, Y AND Z.

And if The Switch is $250 or under...AND they have decent 3rd party support...AND they are indeed willing to devote their handheld resources to The Switch, (as if it is actually is a successor to the 3DS) then...

...it's on.

Soon enough we'll have new light shown upon their new console...which seems like it is indeed a successor to the 3DS...but therein lies it's potential popularity.

Frankly, I'm surprised that so many people are not connecting the dots with The Switch...

It's a WHOA handheld system...that can also be played on your TV...except with better graphics while it's docked.

Nintendo + handheld systems = $$$

Lastly, (and a bit ironically) there are SO many people who didn't buy a Wii U that...TONS of them may be ripe for the picking in regards to being compelled by The Switch...

And of course, no matter what happens...competition is good.

Part of the reason why I am rooting for The Switch is so that Sony and Microsoft are challenged and ideally inspired to step up their games.

WAR Nintendo!!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. Schoolboy Q Black Belt

Schoolboy Q
    Only own a PS4 and don't have any plans on buying a Switch...ever

3. Theprospect26 Black Belt

Theprospect26
    I currently own an Xbox One S and PS4 Pro. I plan on picking up a Switch in April or June. I want to see what it's all about before committing to it.

The Big Bang likes this.
  4. CryptKeeper Orange Belt

CryptKeeper
    Ive got a PS4, Wii U, PS Vita, and a Nintendo 3DS. Don't know if I will pick up a Switch. We'll see.

I mainly play PS4. Fiance and son play the nintendo consoles

The Big Bang likes this.
  5. Eazy123 Purple Belt

Eazy123
    Have a PS4, Xbone S and 3DS and play them all regularly. Have also owned the Wii U and Vita.

I'll probably buy THREE Switches just to kick sand in the pussies of the haters in here lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    The Big Bang likes this.
  6. SaiWa Green Belt

SaiWa
    PS4 and a studly newly built PC (last year) owner. I actually haven't played my PS4 since I started using my PC. I've rejoined the master race.

Will be buying a switch. Skipped out on the Wii U so I am one of those you mentioned that are ripe for the picking...

Will also be in the market for an updated kickass receiver so I can connect and use everything more easily.

GhostZ06 and The Big Bang like this.
  7. RJ43 Silver Belt

RJ43
    Xbox One, PS4 and a Wii U

I'm probably never going to buy a Nintendo console ever again. The Wii U is such a colossal disappointment, and at this point the Switch just looks like it's not for me at all.

I will probably end up buying one of the upgraded consoles. I'm going to wait to see what Scorpio is all about, and their effect on VR, and then get one of them.

Then I'm just going to start to switch to PC once I get my "office" set up.

8. AndersonStreet Blue Belt

AndersonStreet
    Xbox one and pc

Waiting for switch release date game line up to be announced.

If the mario 64 type game, or mario rpg is announced for launch i am buying it for sure.

The Big Bang likes this.
  9. Dinkin_Flicka So easy it's hard

Dinkin_Flicka
    I have the PS4, Xbox One, and the Wii U for home consoles and have a 3DSXL and a PS Vita for handhelds.

The PS4 is my main console and use the Xbox One for exclusives and as my media player/streamer. The Wii U I play with my kids, but as my son is getting older he is wanting to play on my PS4 more and more.

I do plan on getting the Switch and hope to snag a pre-order on Friday. I don't plan on using it as a portable, but having kids I love the ability to play a game while they're watching a movie or something. The Wii U had this, but didn't have enough games to make it worth it. I'm hoping the Switch fills this gap a little more. The new Zelda is looking amazing and being able to play that while the kids watch Zootopia for the 100th time is a huge plus.

The Big Bang likes this.
  10. Hankooks Brown Belt

Hankooks
    Ps3, ps2, snes, and nes. Haven't played them for at least 18 months. Don't even know what switch is.

The Big Bang likes this.
  11. Theprospect26 Black Belt

Theprospect26
    I ended up trading my Wii U to get my PS4, but I don't regret getting the Wii U at all.

Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Super Smash Bros, Ninga Gaiden Razor's Edge were all good to me. Hell I loved even playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. I may have put more time into BLOPS 2 on the Wii U than I did with BLOPS 3 on the Xbox or Ps4, Infinite Warfare on PS4, or MWR on PS4.

The Big Bang likes this.
  12. milliniar Who needs a belt?

milliniar
    The switch needs a concrete message going forward after the presser. If they market it as a console that is portable they will fail (this seems like they are doing), they will likely have more success if they market as a handheld that also performs better as a console. Even docked with potentially newer architecture (x1 vs p1) than the ps4, x1, and ps4pro, it will perform lower than them when docked. Don't expect many 1080p third party games as they don't even happen all the time on the x1. I feel most third parties will focus on 720p and handheld mode then docked mode. So again we get stuck in the loop of 3rd parties leave because games don't sell. But they don't sell because the better versions on x1 or ps4 get the focus and thus sales.

Also consoles and handhelds I still own. Gameboy (og, not sure if it still works though) SNES, ps2, Xbox, ps3, ps4pro, PSP. Also have decent PC. Currently play PS4 and PC.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Madmick and The Big Bang like this.
  13. TheWorm Brown Belt

TheWorm
    I own four: a Wii, a 360, a PS3 and a PS4.

I primarily play the PS4 the past year and a half, but I have a tremendous backlog on my PS3 and 360, which I'll go back to play when I can.

Haven't touched the Wii since August 2012. Never even paid for it, my wife got it in November 2010 by redeeming points or some shit that built up from using her credit card. The only game we ever played on it was new Super Mario Bros. or whatever it was called.

No intention of getting a switch. Plan on getting an NES classic if I can ever find one.

14. dAfTiE Brown Belt

dAfTiE
    Got a PS3, a PS4, a Wii U, a vita and a 3ds.
    I play the Wii U and handhelds way more than the PS4, the ps3 has been unplugged since the ps4 launched, pretty much.
    I'll plug it in once in a while to fuck around with some skate 3 or virtua fighter 5, but it doesn't see a lot of use.

Probably spent more time on Bayonetta 2 alone than all of my PS4 library combined.

Gonna get a switch if it gets good games.

The Big Bang likes this.
  15. SeefourDC Blue Belt

SeefourDC
    PS3 PS4, Nintendo 3DSXL, and previously owned Xbox 360. As with all consoles I buy if there are good exclusives. Monster Hunter is the only current IP that nintendo uses that interests me at all so lets see what the switch brings to the table in regard to other IP's.

The Big Bang likes this.
  16. brownfeet Red Belt

brownfeet
    only counting newer gen consoles I have 2 ps4, pc and wii u for gaming. Play ps4/pc fairly regularly and the wii u isn't even hooked up. handheld I have a 3ds, psp and psvita. i'll play the psp sometimes, the other 2 rarely.

thinking about trading in wii u for an xbox but not sure yet.

The Big Bang likes this.
  17. Total Immortal Good Mourning

Total Immortal
    I own a PS4, PS3, Wii U, New 3DS XL, a regular DS Lite, and N64. Get use out of all of them. Can't wait for the Switch, will definitely pick it up. Going to try to pre order after the reveal tomorrow.

The Big Bang likes this.
  18. Fatt Hughes Brown Belt

Fatt Hughes
    Have PS4 and WiiU. Been a Nintendo first console player since NES, but now positioned PS4 as my main console. I'll pick up Switch and high hopes for it, but due to Nintendos previous policies, I don't see their positioning improving with 3rd parties.

19. Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE****

Shoemaker
    A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You
    I only use my PC and 3DS currently. I've been with you the whole time, op. Nintendos strength has been handheld for awhile. And while I don't think people are going to use it the way Nintendo thinks (and their marketing needs to change to reflect that), I still have hopes that it will be a convenient system.

3rd party is the key, or consistently delivering 1st party content. I'm still irritated that I never got a Zelda game for Wii U.

The Big Bang likes this.
  20. The Big Bang Brown Belt

The Big Bang
    Oh the Wii U...

It was a shame that it never got of the ground, but even if they moderately pick up the pieces I am confident that 3rd party support will exist.

Also, you're right about a clear message; hopefully tomorrow sheds significant light on things.