Parkland deputy who waited outside during shootings receiving $8,700 monthly pension.

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Scot Peterson, the sheriff's deputy vilified for failing to confront the Parkland school shooter, has begun receiving a state pension of $8,702.35 a month.

Peterson resigned and retired Feb. 22, a week after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where he waited outside as Nikolas Cruz killed 17 people and wounded 17 others.

Peterson began to receive his pension in April, according to the Florida Department of Management Services. He can receive the payments for the rest of his life.

The 55-year-old Peterson, a Broward deputy for 32 years, was paid $101,879.03 last year -- $75,673.72 in base salary plus overtime and other compensation, according to sheriff's office records. Until the shooting, he was considered a trusted school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas, according to annual reviews of his performance.

Peterson, a native of Illinois, started with the sheriff's office in July 1985, after studying at Miami-Dade Community College and Florida International University.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...ing-scot-peterson-pension-20180515-story.html

How the hell can he be getting that much for being just a security officer? His wage was insane aswell considering he was just on a school campus.

You yanks are swimming in it lol

Why the hell do I always hear "on a cop's salary" on tv shows as if Cops are only making 40 grand a year or something? This guy wasn't even that highly ranked considering he's just working at a school.

He was police for 32 years.

That's his pension.

It's end of story. I have no reason for opinion

That's an absurdly generous pension. I swear, it's incredible the return on investment you get for being a pig.

Anyways, size of the pension aside, he did nothing to have his benefits revoked. He posted up and maintained the exit instead of hunting down a shooter who outgunned him considerably. If other pigs can keep their benefits after raping, beating, and murdering suspects, this guy shouldn't lose his for not being Rambo.

In a few decades he might be able to put a down payment on some courage.

How the hell can he be getting that much for being just a security officer? His wage was insane aswell considering he was just on a school campus.

You yanks are swimming in it lol

Don't buy the hype about all US cops being underpaid. In certain jurisdictions, cops are very well compensated. Police and firefighters have the only unions that US politicians refuse to fuck with.

Cops working for multiple departments and double dipping pensions also happens frequently.

One of my dad's friends from college is drawing lieutenant's pensions from both the NYPD and Suffolk County (Long Island) police department. Dude lives in an airpark in Arizona and flies his personal plane every other day.

Don't buy the hype about all US cops being underpaid. In certain jurisdictions, cops are very well compensated. Police and firefighters have the only unions that US politicians refuse to fuck with.

Cops working for multiple departments and double dipping pensions also happens frequently.

One of my dad's friends from college is drawing lieutenant's pensions from both the NYPD and Suffolk County (Long Island) police department. Dude lives in an airpark in Arizona and flies his personal plane every other day.

I personally know at least three police officers and they all seem to be doing pretty well financially. Nice middle class homes, cars, kids go to good schools etc.

Making 6 figures to patrol school hallways sounds so absurd.

Holy shit. Can I go be a school resource officer.

How do you pull in $25,000 in overtime with that job?

Holy shit. Can I go be a school resource officer.

How do you pull in $25,000 in overtime with that job?

The resource officer at my school used to take two hour naps in his office every day. Kids used to walk by and laugh at him.

I bet the teachers barely get half what he does plus having to buy their own supplies and shit. Imagine paying the people who shape your children's minds less than a manager at McDonald's.

Last edited:
A lot of retards itt

He worked as an officer for 32 years. It's not really surprising he had accrued that salary, that's a long ass time.

Learn to read.

He was probably thinking about that $8k per month when he waited outside.

I don't blame him.

Are we talking gross pay or net? If he's netting 8k a month, that is around 150k I imagine.

Back