Parents with kids I got a ?.

shanegotu11

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I wish I could do a poll.

I have gotten into debates with family and friends without kids about how many times they or I should or would go out.

I mean leaving my son with babysitter and going out as a adult. I know my wife and I go less then the average I'm sure. We do it once every couple months.

I have brother who said he would go out every weekend. I said different when you have a kid. I have sister in law with a kid who goes out a lot. I know friends with kids who do it once a month.

So do you guys go out weekly? Monthly? What?

I mean leaving kid at home with sitter.

Wish had poll.

I'm a parent with kids and i think once a week is fine, although my wife and i never left the kids with a sitter until they were old enough to talk. So they could tell me if the sitter was mean.

But i did leave them with family, like grandparents even before they could talk.

My wife and I try to go out to dinner (opposite schedules, and my schooling) to catch up etc. once a month, and have been doing that for a good, 7-8 years (my son is 9). My in-laws live down the street and watch him 99.9% of the time, but in the past we have used a baby sitter.

My oldest brother, he has two kids, and they rarely ever go out. I have told him, and he agrees that is one of the reason their marriage is rocky at times, is they never just get that mental break for a few hours to relax. Neither of them trust babysitters, word of mouth or anything of that nature.

What about parents without kids?

Oh, you mean parents that don't have custody of their kids?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

My wife and I usually go out once a month.

We used to go out about once a week while my mother-in-law watched the boy.

A few months ago, her work schedule changed and now typically works Fri-Sun so we try to get out whenever we can which is about once a month.

Oh, you mean parents that don't have custody of their kids?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Some kids also pass away. So I thought TS was taunting these poor individuals for losing their kids, by excluding them from this thread. Just seemed like an mean, asshole move to do, as it was unneeded to distinguish between parents who still had their kids, from those who have lost their kids.

I have kids but still find time to go out here and there...I have my family babysit

Anytime is fine as long as the kids are with my parents

We do our best to get out for dinner once every month or two. Hard to find someone you trust to watch your kids.

Once every 2 months for us. To me, it's too infrequent.

The wife and I have the same days off but opposite shifts. Right now, it's cool because we can sit down and eat dinner as a family but she goes into work at 11PM. In a month, I'll be working at dinner time and, as it's summer, we'll be solo with the kids each day until October when I'll sleep during the day and have the kids solo at night. Anyone with multiple kids will tell you, zone defense is rough.

But it's partially our own fault for not trusting many people with our kids. I have a big family but everyone's a workaholic. We do lunch dates now with the kids in school and try to get a sitter once a month.

Some kids also pass away. So I thought TS was taunting these poor individuals for losing their kids, by excluding them from this thread. Just seemed like an mean, asshole move to do, as it was unneeded to distinguish between parents who still had their kids, from those who have lost their kids.

It's hard and sometimes you don't feel like doing anything but you should get up and go out as a couple (If you're a couple) or with friends. Losing a child feels like a broken promise you staked your entire being into, losing love like youve never known and watching the most precious of gifts robbed from the most important person you will ever meet. There is a light side to "Memento mori" and you owe it to yourself to not squander the gifts you have left. Like Hemingway would say, "Fight and drink and fuck for those who can't anymore... or those that never got the chance."

You're supposed to leave them with a sitter?!?!????

Lol schmucks. Meanwhile folks without kids get to go out whenever they damn please.

We're lucky to get out twice a year. But I like my kids.

My kids are 22 and 20 and live on their own. I go out whenever I want.

My brother and his wife leave the kids with my parents almost every weekend for one or two days. The kids love it , my parents love it, and my bro and his wife love it.

I plan on doing something similar. Not as much though.

My brother and his wife leave the kids with my parents almost every weekend for one or two days. The kids love it , my parents love it, and my bro and his wife love it.

I plan on doing something similar. Not as much though.
Make kids with your brother's wife?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back