Pandora stations

Hogey

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
what are your most listens to Pandora stations?

Mine are; chromatics, crystal castle, the knife, chuck berry and King Crimson.

switch between Action Bronson and Ab-Soul

Have like 7 pretty diverse stations that took me awhile to fine tune. It's amazing how many times you have to thumbs down Red Hot Chili Peppers before Pandora gets the point.

My main ones are:

Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Audioslave
Stone Temple Pilots
Nas
Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana

90's alternative
This is what I was listening to before I realized how much better slacker radio was. Their library is much deeper than Pandora's.

Tend to use Spotify over Pandora but for me it's usually Alternative/Abstract Hip Hop, Electronic (IDM, Trance, Synthwave, Drum n Bass, etc.) and Indie Rock.

This is what I was listening to before I realized how much better slacker radio was. Their library is much deeper than Pandora's.
Slacker radio?

Yeah, it came installed in my WP, but you can download it on Apple and android

Tend to use youtube more than anything

What makes it better?
Well like I said, their library is much deeper. I can go a whole week listening to Slackers 90s channel and not hear the same song twice. Plus they play a lot more of the obscure stuff.

Plus, they don't have commercials and have a DJ.

Last edited:
EDM Festival
Beer Barrel Polka
Psychobilly Freakout

I have very eclectic tastes.

Any of you guys have multiple devices with your account?

it's just my wife and I. And for about 2yrs since we started paying the ad free service, we were able to listen on either device at the same time. Now we got a notice saying we can't. Hell, i even had it on my TV and PS4, she would be outside gardening and i would be inside listening on a different station. I guess it's time to cancel it.

never use it but when i did, Nobuo Uematsu

what are your most listens to Pandora stations?

Mine are; chromatics, crystal castle, the knife, chuck berry and King Crimson.
I hate Pandora, Slacker and Google Music so much. I've never tried Spotify since they bought out LastFM, which was the last decent music streaming service.

Streaming radio was so much more exciting 7 years ago. No matter what you chose, you were always surprised with new music that challenged (in a good way) or complimented your tastes. Now days, streaming radio is just like regular radio without commercials. All handpicked bullshit. They don't even play the best hits.

Once you realize how the pay structure for streams works, it makes sense. Basically the top 5 or 6 artists in each category are getting like 80% of all the revenue on each streaming services. Some of the greats, especially in categories like Jazz could have 100,000 listeners and are still netting less than $10 a month in royalty checks.

Have like 7 pretty diverse stations that took me awhile to fine tune. It's amazing how many times you have to thumbs down Red Hot Chili Peppers before Pandora gets the point.
It never gets the point

I generally only use custom stations on Pandora, so it ends up being the stations less prone to aging that I listen to more. 2000s rap, 2000s alternarock/emo especially because of the nostalgia factor, and really poppy EDM like Zedd and Calvin Harris that mostly becomes pleasant background noise when I'm driving.

I used to listen to a trap rap station and pop r&b station, but because of the likes it doesn't seem to update much and those kind of stations don't age well. I don't need to be hearing Trap Queen and Loyal anymore in 2018; maybe it'll be different in 2028

Back