Palhares loses out on SOTN due to "unsportsman-like conduct"

Good he deserves more of a punishment, IMO. Pierce tapped SEVERAL times, was screaming, stopped when the ref jumped in and tried to pry his leg out, Palhares didn't let go and Pierce had to scream and tap again.

Considering this was the second time Palhares has done this, I'm okay with the decision. Maybe he'll learn from it this time.

The ref should have been more dilligent in stopping the fight. Putting your hands on either fighter isn't enough. You have to physically seperate them

2.gif

Ref needs to communicate that he has stopped the fight better like some slaps across Palhares' face or something.

Considering this was the second time Palhares has done this, I'm okay with the decision. Maybe he'll learn from it this time.

Not try to fighter bash but he's doesn't seem to be too bright to learn from anything.

Good. They should take half his purse to go along with it. When his opponent taps and the ref gets in there, it's time for him to let it go. Unsportsmanlike and unprofessional. I probably wouldn't say that if this was the first time. But it's obviously not the first time. It's every time with this guy.

Telling Thiago he was ineligible for any bonuses for missing weight, and now this.

I don't blame Zuffa. If they keep putting together cards like tonight's they'll need to save all the money they can.

How much did you pay to watch it?

If you watch the video, when the ref gets there and tries to stop it, Palhares gives it another crank just for good measure.

This is the second time he's done this in the UFC. There is a highlight video of him doing this in his pre UFC fights and he's done it in grappling contests.

The guy clearly doesn't know what he is doing, is an idiot or just a huge asshole.

Given his history this is far worse than what Paul Daley did and he was banned from the UFC.

Not try to fighter bash but he's doesn't seem to be too bright to learn from anything.

He didn't learn from the suspension the first time, I doubt he learns without this and another suspension. Even then, he seems to be out to end careers.

Holding Drwal's leg after ref stepped in? Classic Palhares.
Complaining about Marquardt's greasy leg during the fight? Classic again.
Celebrating victory without official stoppage? Even more classic.
Tested positive for elevated testosterone levels? The classiest.

No wonder this guy causes that much commotion.

Back