Pakistan’s biggest #MeToo moment

Haha, wow really original bruh never heard that one before :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ do you think Pakistan is one large dirt village? Read a book sometime.

Overall it is, which is why it think this movement will be relatively irrelevant, the vast majority of Pakistan is rural, so even if the urban society changes for the better they will still be outnumbered and will only work towards their isolation from the uncivilized rural "savages".

Here in Mexico the #metoo movement was countered by the #noshit movement. Pretty much everyone knew that these shitty actresses were getting their roles through fucking producers.

<WellThere> <{UberTS}> <{1-69}>

If you don't mind me asking what does your wife think about the issue over there? Does it have merit in her view? Also thought this bit was interesting

I kind of agree with the Pence rule honestly, even if only as a guideline rather than a rule. What they don't mention here is that Pence also emphasizes not being without his wife at events where there are other women and alcohol and I think that was very insightful of him.

Look at the Aziz incident, it wasn't a rape or sexual assault necessarily but it was an interaction that was perceived quite differently by both parties and I don't think the presence of alcohol is unrelated to that.

My wife is in full support of the movement. She says it is very difficult to be a woman in South Korea.

I have no problem with the Pence rule. I think men need to show a lot more restraint around women.

Why is Mexico so based? I really want to see you guys succeed

Because we have to man.

The cynicism of power is also developed to such a degree that they arent bothered by it, so its not like they try to hide it.

In other countries power likes to paint themselves as just and noble, in Mexico they dont give a fuck.

The best example is Molotov which was a rock band of the 90s who criticized government, media and the such was owned by Televisa which used to have the media monopoly before the democratization of the country.

So basically they owned a rock band who song about their producers who fucked the young impressionable girls that wanted to be actors.

The funny thing is that when one of them spoke recently trying to spark the #metoo movement, a lot of former actresses attacked her as liar and the such, since it pretty much confirmed that these actresses were nothing but no talent hacks who had to sleep their way to fame.

So more like #metoo it was more like #meneither.

"I didnt slept with anyone, my success is my own" #meneither.

While society at large was more like.

mshckd.gif

#metoo in Pakistan would probably encompass 90% of the female population.

Because we have to man.

The cynicism of power is also developed to such a degree that they arent bothered by it, so its not like they try to hide it.

In other countries power likes to paint themselves as just and noble, in Mexico they dont give a fuck.

The best example is Molotov which was a rock band of the 90s who criticized government, media and the such was owned by Televisa which used to have the media monopoly before the democratization of the country.

So basically they owned a rock band who song about their producers who fucked the young impressionable girls that wanted to be actors.

The funny thing is that when one of them spoke recently trying to spark the #metoo movement, a lot of former actresses attacked her as liar and the such, since it pretty much confirmed that these actresses were nothing but no talent hacks who had to sleep their way to fame.

So more like #metoo it was more like #meneither.

"I didnt slept with anyone, my success is my own" #meneither.

While society at large was more like.

mshckd.gif

There’s so much we have to learn

Yeah I was being a bit cunty there. To be fair if you're going to shit on Pakistan and Muslims I just want a little originality.

Im shitting on the entire country per se, just pointing out the reality that a lot of third world countries are islands of wealth surrounded by a sea of poverty, ignorance and backwardness.

Im shitting on the entire country per se, just pointing out the reality that a lot of third world countries are islands of wealth surrounded by a sea of poverty, ignorance and backwardness.
I was referring more to @MadSquabbles500

Your point was well taken.

Overall it is, which is why it think this movement will be relatively irrelevant, the vast majority of Pakistan is rural, so even if the urban society changes for the better they will still be outnumbered and will only work towards their isolation from the uncivilized rural "savages".

Here in Mexico the #metoo movement was countered by the #noshit movement. Pretty much everyone knew that these shitty actresses were getting their roles through fucking producers.

Haha, wow really original bruh never heard that one before :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ do you think Pakistan is one large dirt village? Read a book sometime.

I dont think Pakistan is some dirt village but it seems they admit something is wrong with Islam and appologize for it.

As they say Islam Ma Bad!

Back