Paige VanZant Joins ‘Kickboxer: Retaliation’

Hating on PVZ...

its-madness.gif

Pretty embarassing that Paige has main evented a UFC event with such a low commitment to MMA. Then you get male fighters who have done martial arts there entire lives, and busted their asses as pro fighters for years and they're getting nothing.

Yeah that's how today's world works sunshine. Her being in the main event gave us several videos that included her which I'm sure you enjoyed unless you're one of those men who likes to pretend they don't like watching pretty girls on screen because they care about just MMA.

Do you know why people talk about Carano as a MMA pioneer and not Cyborg? (well if you ignore Justino's PED abuse anyway). Looks. I'm sure you didn't mind seeing Carano weighin in fit as fuck and being the main event. Nobody did. People consume that. Sex sells, people learned this in the 80s I think.

Besides, it's not like they put Cruz vs Faber or Luke vs Weidman as co-main with Paige being the main event, she just headlined a UFC Fight Night. Seriously, who gives a shit?

Rose took her soul

Rose took nothing from Paige. Paige showed up at the news conference, admitted she wasn't ready for Rose and stated she needed to work harder. The fight almost went the full five rounds and Paige took a beating by holding on. I wouldn't say that she had her soul stolen. Paige was ready and able to train and get ready for another fight. DWTS came along, she took the opportunity.

PVZ getting that RR fame

oh and LOL @ the salt in here because the girl is getting famous

If you had a male who had had the same upbringing as PVZ, same amount of hours training etc etc. We'll call Patrick VanZant.... young Pat would be lucky to have won 1 single amateur bout. But if you put his level of effort, determination and heart into an attractive girl.... She has main evented shows and gets a ridiculous amount of press leading onto a successful celebrity career.

MMA has a pretty big gender pay disparity if you think about it. The women are grossly overpaid.

This video pissed me off at the time, and it does so more now.

Ronda is 100% right. You should be paid for the money you bring in. Rousey brought in enough income for UFC to justify the money she was paid.

Well she has a better chance of making it that Rousey just on looks.

True but let's see if she actually leaves. These b level movies don't exactly pay top dollar. If this leads to bigger then we could very well never see her again.

Nor does the UFC. Even if she just gets a part on a TV series it'll pay better than the UFC will pay her for far less health issues.

Well she has a better chance of making it that Rousey just on looks.

Nor does the UFC. Even if she just gets a part on a TV series it'll pay better than the UFC will pay her for far less health issues.

All of this is true. It's just the UFC will always be there she might not continue to get acting jobs like this.

Pretty embarassing that Paige has main evented a UFC event with such a low commitment to MMA. Then you get male fighters who have done martial arts there entire lives, and busted their asses as pro fighters for years and they're getting nothing.

Lol! This. Very much so.

But they're still fighting for 'equality' right!

PVZ, Penthouse or GTFO.

Playboy no longer does nudes.

Ronda is 100% right. You should be paid for the money you bring in. Rousey brought in enough income for UFC to justify the money she was paid.
Its not Ronda's answer that annoyed me. She's very popular so deserved her money. Its the dumb Aussie feminist asking the question. She doesn't have a clue what she's talking about

I can buy Gina Carano as a 'tough girl' in movies because she is a legit fighter with 22 pro fights, she stands and moves like thai boxer and when she throws a punch or kick in a fight scene there is an air of authenticity.

VanZant does not have the same presence or authenticity to her movements. You could put any fit girl with a week of tae-bo training beside her and from their movements it would be hard to guess who was the professional fighter. I don't know why anyone would book her for an action movie.

I can buy Gina Carano as a 'tough girl' in movies because she is a legit fighter with 22 pro fights, she stands and moves like thai boxer and when she throws a punch or kick in a fight scene there is an air of authenticity.

VanZant does not have the same presence or authenticity to her movements. You could put any fit girl with a week of tae-bo training beside her and from their movements it would be hard to guess who was the professional fighter. I don't know why anyone would book her for an action movie.
Because she is F*king HOT!

She's never fighting again.

UFC will keep her signed anyways, for promotional purposes only, just like never-fighting CM Punk and never-again-fighting Rhonda.

Dont know why people are upset about her doing films now. Bisping doing a film and gets to fight for a title soon.

She's never fighting again.

UFC will keep her signed anyways, for promotional purposes only, just like never-fighting CM Punk and never-again-fighting Rhonda.
Or the retired over a year ago Julie Kedzie who still shows on the roster....lol

Back