Paedo Muay Thai Teachers

I don't know if the in UK does it but I felt in the U.S., background checks should be done on the owner of any gym before joining and also for new students. To prove my point situations like these could have been avoided.

I heard about Curtis Page from one of my coaches, who used to train with him. Awful that someone could do such a thing.

Those really extensive ones that last 10+ years, man thats simply evil. I feel bad for guy who was accused of grooming and killed himself. Sounds like he was a creep d-bag who made advances on underaged girls but found the idea of actual rape detestable enough to kill himself out of shame. I was thinking maybe his life just already sucked but it said he was a narcisist so probably not.

I don't know if the in UK does it but I felt in the U.S., background checks should be done on the owner of any gym before joining and also for new students. To prove my point situations like these could have been avoided.
Unless they had prior convictions, which it seems like in this situation wasn't the case, the background check would have accomplished absolutely nothing.

Look at the guy though. Who the hell would trust that slob to teach anything athletic?

Unless they had prior convictions, which it seems like in this situation wasn't the case, the background check would have accomplished absolutely nothing.

Look at the guy though. Who the hell would trust that slob to teach anything athletic?

I was being open minded, but those coaches did look like a bunch of slobs. I know the martial arts community also attracts weirdo types too. Unfortunately some people are too gullible and too trusting.

Thanks for posting this. These pieces of shit need to be put out in public. Any one in a coaching/mentor/leadership position should be there to take care of their students, not try and sleep with them. You are in a position of respect and given a bit of power over others. That should never ever ever be taken advantage of. Don't get me started on the child rape shit, I'll burn down the internet.

Back