Paddy Pimblett Signs New Multi Fight Deal With Cage Warriors

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/...-will-main-event-liverpool-event-in-september

Paddy Pimblett has re-signed with Cage Warriors despite the calls for him to feature on the upcoming UFC Liverpool card.

Cage Warriors announced that “The Baddy” would headline the promotion’s return to the Echo Arena on Sept. 1 via press release during the Super Saturday broadcast. The promotion also announced a return to The Indigo at the 02 in London on Jul. 21.

According to the press release, Pimblett “remains determined to carry out his mission to reclaim a Cage Warriors world title by signing a new multi-fight deal with [Graham] Boylan’s promotion.”

Pimblett’s opponent has yet to be announced. The press release states that it remains undecided if Pimblett will compete for a promotional title at the event.

The Next Generation fighter revealed that he had no interest in competing at the UFC Liverpool event on the latest episode of The MMA Hour.

“I’m not that arsed to be fair, about the UFC in Liverpool,” Pimblett said. “I’ve headlined shows there twice and I just fought there the other week. It’s great for UK MMA and great for Liverpool, but the show is for Darren [Till]. Darren can have his show, I’m good — I’ll have my own one in September.”

Probably the right move, dont think he's ready for the UFC at this point. He can be the face of the org, get paid well, main event shows.

Dont think he's a big time prospect. I'd take the big 3 Bellator FW prospects over him, I think in UFC if he came in and had to fight someone like Arce he'd lose.

Probably the right move, dont think he's ready for the UFC at this point. He can be the face of the org, get paid well, main event shows.

Dont think he's a big time prospect. I'd take the big 3 Bellator FW prospects over him, I think in UFC if he came in and had to fight someone like Arce he'd lose.
I'd take multiple British featherweights and lightweights over him to be honest. Rob Whiteford, Brendan Loughnane, Norman Parke, Mike Grundy, and even his own teammate Chris Fishgold would beat him imo.

Unfortunately, I think this was his best chance to get to the UFC and he's probably missed it. I don't see him winning multiple fights in a row unless Cage Warriors just feed him cans.

Yeah, I also think this is the right move as he'd get murdered by most UFC feathers at the moment.

CW FW title is vacant now right? So they will set him up in a fight to get that belt and then Fishgold will end up signing with UFC and vacating that belt and they will try to get Paddy to be a 2 div champ like Conor.

Damn I feel like his big ticket just sailed right past him

Who the FUCK is managing this guy?
Because he needs firing

Damn I feel like his big ticket just sailed right past him

Who the FUCK is managing this guy?
Because he needs firing

He said the UFC needs him more than he needs them and doesn't want to be a small fish in a big pond. Doesn't care if he ever fights in the UFC.

I hope he isnt serious.

He said the UFC needs him more than he needs them and doesn't want to be a small fish in a big pond. Doesn't care if he ever fights in the UFC.

I hope he isnt serious.

I'm working through the MMA hour podcast slowly and I think he's next
Did he actually say that?

He can't be serious about his MMA career at all then
Good to note I'll fade bet him every single time he fights anyone decent

I'm working through the MMA hour podcast slowly and I think he's next
Did he actually say that?

He can't be serious about his MMA career at all then
Good to note I'll fade bet him every single time he fights anyone decent

“I’m not that arsed to be fair, about the UFC in Liverpool. I’ve headlined shows there twice and I just fought there the other week. It’s great for UK MMA and great for Liverpool, but the show is for Darren [Till]. Darren can have his show, I’m good — I’ll have my own one in September.”

“The Baddy” thinks the UFC needs him more than he needs the promotion. As far as he’s concerned, once he gains legendary status at some stage during his career, he doesn’t care if he ever fights under the UFC banner.

“I wouldn’t play second fiddle to anyone, never mind Darren. I know Darren, he’s sound, but I wouldn’t play second fiddle to anyone.

I know scousers are up their own arses most of the time but this guy has a lot more to do before I get on the hypetrain

“I’m not that arsed to be fair, about the UFC in Liverpool. I’ve headlined shows there twice and I just fought there the other week. It’s great for UK MMA and great for Liverpool, but the show is for Darren [Till]. Darren can have his show, I’m good — I’ll have my own one in September.”

“The Baddy” thinks the UFC needs him more than he needs the promotion. As far as he’s concerned, once he gains legendary status at some stage during his career, he doesn’t care if he ever fights under the UFC banner.

“I wouldn’t play second fiddle to anyone, never mind Darren. I know Darren, he’s sound, but I wouldn’t play second fiddle to anyone.

I know scousers are up their own arses most of the time but this guy has a lot more to do before I get on the hypetrain
He literally just played second fiddle to Molly McCann at his last fight. What the fuck is he talking about? as for not caring whether he fights for the UFC or not let me just check his Twitter bio "Im 21 years old & I do MMA at Next Generation in Liverpool... BJJ Brown Belt & future UFC Champ" He cares so little about the UFC that he mentions that he wants to be their champion.

Why can't he just say

..I'm
Not ready for the UFC yet

It didn't affect Tom fireball

Paddy Pimblett is an arrogant shitbird and his skills are not world class.

I'd take multiple British featherweights and lightweights over him to be honest. Rob Whiteford, Brendan Loughnane, Norman Parke, Mike Grundy, and even his own teammate Chris Fishgold would beat him imo.

I've been wanting to see Pimblett vs Loughnane for ages but now you mention those other guys I agree with you that they all beat him.

He seems to enjoy being a star in Liverpool so we'll see what happens.

Great to hear. Love to see that mma is only growing worldwide. I’d like to see more smaller orgs successfully retain their talent.

I've been wanting to see Pimblett vs Loughnane for ages but now you mention those other guys I agree with you that they all beat him.

He seems to enjoy being a star in Liverpool so we'll see what happens.
Seeing as Loughnane is a free agent now, there's no reason not to be booking that fight. Loughnane says he still wants it unless the UFC offer him a contract.

Back