Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn in Australia July 2

I just liked a slim post....

Joaquin-Phoenix-signs.gif
:eek:

The point was that Floyd got trashed for being the #1 p4p fighter and fighting Berto, while Manny isn't in the top p4p and fighting Horn right?

My point was that after Manny, Floyd had nothing left to prove just as much as Manny has nothing to prove today.

Manny Pacquiao was 3-2 going into the Floyd fight, with one of the losses being one of the more brutal KOs we've ever seen. Immediately after losing the Floyd fight, being 3-3, he fought Tim Bradley and Jessie Vargas. He got tons of shit for fighting both of them. Go read one of those threads, especially the Tim Bradley fight got shit on a lot. But Tim was far more credible than Berto, and honestly Jessie Vargas is probably more credible too at this point.

Meanwhile, Floyd is undefeated and #1 p4p, and he talks a bunch of shit about GGG, says nobody in the division has anything for him at all, and then fights Berto.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why Floyd gets criticism for fighting Berto. Pacquiao got just as much shit for fighting Tim Bradley, even coming off a loss.

Manny Pacquiao was 3-2 going into the Floyd fight, with one of the losses being one of the more brutal KOs we've ever seen. Immediately after losing the Floyd fight, being 3-3, he fought Tim Bradley and Jessie Vargas. He got tons of shit for fighting both of them. Go read one of those threads, especially the Tim Bradley fight got shit on a lot. But Tim was far more credible than Berto, and honestly Jessie Vargas is probably more credible too at this point.

Meanwhile, Floyd is undefeated and #1 p4p, and he talks a bunch of shit about GGG, says nobody in the division has anything for him at all, and then fights Berto.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why Floyd gets criticism for fighting Berto. Pacquiao got just as much shit for fighting Tim Bradley, even coming off a loss.

Oh I know Manny got a lot of underserved criticism for that fight (personally I didn't see Vargas as a threat). But if you check those Bradley threads, it wasn't coming from me. That's my point. I think Floyd and Manny both crossed a line awhile ago, and giving either one shit for deciding for themselves how to ride off into the sunset isn't what either deserved. I'm pretty sure I said that in one of the Vargas threads to.

This is just a dumb, godawful fight. Pac vs Khan made a lot more sense for the fans and for where both men are at in their respective careers.

This is bunk.

Mark my words Horn is going to wi... sorry I can't pretend.

This fight is disappointing. He should be fighting big name, and game opponents.

This fight is disappointing. He should be fighting big name, and game opponents.
I think Pac deserves to pick and choose at this point. The top guys are coming into their own and fighting each other.
I dont really need to see Pac get brutally beaten again by a young killer to know hes fading out.
He fought Vargas when many wouldnt. That counts as a young top guy.
Its not like hes holding up the division.
I dont like it but hes earned it. Would hate to see him turn into a stepping stone.

I think Pac deserves to pick and choose at this point. The top guys are coming into their own and fighting each other.
I dont really need to see Pac get brutally beaten again by a young killer to know hes fading out.
He fought Vargas when many wouldnt. That counts as a young top guy.
Its not like hes holding up the division.
I dont like it but hes earned it. Would hate to see him turn into a stepping stone.
I'm not meaning to diss him, I just think he can still compete(and win)with the best, and should fight the best.

Yup. Thought about it for a couple of days....this is still a stupid fight.

Fun fact

Horn was in negotiations to fight Errol Spence for the vacant IBF belt until Kell Brook decided not to vacate

Fun fact

Horn was in negotiations to fight Errol Spence for the vacant IBF belt until Kell Brook decided not to vacate
Fun fact, he's still a shit opponent for pacman.

Back