Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn in Australia July 2

It's gonna be an independent Top Rank PPV. HBO or Showtime aren't picking it up.

Even if they wanted to put it on free TV(Which I doubt), they probably don't have enough time. Those slots are paid for months in advance. I recall Mayweather had the same issue because he tried to make the Berto fight on regular CBS.

Lol Mayweather chooses Berto for his last bout, "OMG his ducking ggg what a coward" pac in his final fights goes for a unknown opponent, everyone thinks it's OK. Makes sense!

Never heard Pac call himself TBE. If you call yourself TBE you get held the the highest possible standard. Can't have it both ways.

I think Pac should just retire.

Never heard Pac call himself TBE. If you call yourself TBE you get held the the highest possible standard. Can't have it both ways.
LOL nice excuse, just buy the ppv and enjoy pac beating up some cab driver.

It sucks. Pacquiao vs Khan got some nice boxing appeal and sounds fair as the match to be the farewell fight for Manny.

We'll yeah, as a fight Khan-Pac or even Broner-Pac stacks up as a more compelling bout than Pacquiao vs Horn.

**literally the only positive here is seeing Khan sit around parroting off the Mayweather-mcgregor hype, because he has nothing else going for him

Last edited:
We'll yeah, as a fight Khan-Pac or even Broner-Pac stacks up as a more compelling bout than Pacquiao vs Horn.

**literally the only positive here is seeing Khan sit around parroting off the Mayweather-mcgregor hype, because he has nothing else going for him
Lol... yep, and Khan still won't get shit of it.

Horn is a school teacher

is that better or worse?
Cab drivers are more durable and prone to do upsets . Yellow cab is the toughest

School teacher are cool people and have a big heart but tend to get koed often

I imagine if Manny said 'okay' it's because there's a big enough paycheck in it for him. But I can't imagine it being bigger than anyone relatively known in the division.

I'll catch a stream and watch this ~4 round Manny showcase.

Lol Mayweather chooses Berto for his last bout, "OMG his ducking ggg what a coward" pac in his final fights goes for a unknown opponent, everyone thinks it's OK. Makes sense!

Berto got fight because Floyd had been trying to give it to him for awhile. The Berto/Ortiz was suppose to be Andre's opportunity but it didn't go the right way. Same thing with Berto/Ghost. It seemed to me like Floyd liked Berto and wanted to give him a payday.

I didn't have a problem with that one and I don't really have a problem here either, personally. I'm not excited or anything, but guys like Manny, Floyd, Cotto, etc. don't have anything to prove to anyone anymore.

Berto got fight because Floyd had been trying to give it to him for awhile. The Berto/Ortiz was suppose to be Andre's opportunity but it didn't go the right way. Same thing with Berto/Ghost. It seemed to me like Floyd liked Berto and wanted to give him a payday.

I didn't have a problem with that one and I don't really have a problem here either, personally. I'm not excited or anything, but guys like Manny, Floyd, Cotto, etc. don't have anything to prove to anyone anymore.
Yeah I know, Berto always fell short, all he needed to do was get the W and he would get the fight. I was actually happy when I heard he was going to fight Floyd. My problem is the hypocrisy of some posters who criticized this bout but eat up pac fighting some unknown. I'm good with either men last fight choices, as they gave us so much throughout the years. Like you said, they're 1st ballot HOF, nothing left to prove.

Yeah I know, Berto always fell short, all he needed to do was get the W and he would get the fight. I was actually happy when I heard he was going to fight Floyd. My problem is the hypocrisy of some posters who criticized this bout but eat up pac fighting some unknown. I'm good with either men last fight choices, as they gave us so much throughout the years. Like you said, they're 1st ballot HOF, nothing left to prove.

I got you. Tbf I don't see too many of the die hard Pac fans from those days eating this up now. Most of them stopped posting regularly after the super fight with Floyd.

There is obviously going to be a difference between the way people respond to Pacquiao opponents and Floyd Mayweather opponents at this stage in their careers.

Neither one of them have anything left to prove and could retire with extraordinary legacies.

But Floyd Mayweather may be the wealthiest athlete in the world and is still undefeated and ranked number 1 pound for pound, so yeah if he is going to keep fighting people are going to want to see him fight the best possible opponent.

Then you have Manny Pacquiao, who has taken countless beatngs in the ring and has been knocked out three times. He is still one of the best fighters in his division but is not a top 10 pound for pound guy anymore. He has also been known to have money problems.

If you cannot understand the difference between those two situations then you are intentionally missing the point.

Plus I have not seen a single person act excited for this fight.

There is obviously going to be a difference between the way people respond to Pacquiao opponents and Floyd Mayweather opponents at this stage in their careers.

Neither one of them have anything left to prove and could retire with extraordinary legacies.

But Floyd Mayweather may be the wealthiest athlete in the world and is still undefeated and ranked number 1 pound for pound, so yeah if he is going to keep fighting people are going to want to see him fight the best possible opponent.

Then you have Manny Pacquiao, who has taken countless beatngs in the ring and has been knocked out three times. He is still one of the best fighters in his division but is not a top 10 pound for pound guy anymore. He has also been known to have money problems.

If you cannot understand the difference between those two situations then you are intentionally missing the point.

Plus I have not seen a single person act excited for this fight.

Sounds odd that Floyd would be trashed for being objectively better edit: and fighting a better opponent.

Sounds odd that Floyd would be trashed for being objectively better edit: and fighting a better opponent.

I don't think that is an accurate reflection of what I said or what is going on at all.

I don't think that is an accurate reflection of what I said or what is going on at all.

The point was that Floyd got trashed for being the #1 p4p fighter and fighting Berto, while Manny isn't in the top p4p and fighting Horn right?

My point was that after Manny, Floyd had nothing left to prove just as much as Manny has nothing to prove today.

I just liked a slim post....

Joaquin-Phoenix-signs.gif

Back