Pacquiao vs Broner 2 - Jan 19th

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Dsd9f97VsAATIk1.jpg

“Me and Freddie, we have a good relationship since 2001,” Pacquiao said Monday. “We don’t have problems in terms of training, sharing our knowledge about strategy, techniques in training. We don’t have problems with that.”

Pacquiao is confident, too, that Roach and Fernandez will continue working well together in preparation for this Showtime Pay-Per-View main event.

“Buboy and Freddie, they’re a team,” Pacquiao said. “Buboy is always there. He has experience, many fights with Freddie. So I think Freddie can instruct Buboy to do something like that. Because, you know, Freddie’s not young anymore and I’m, you know, I feel pitiful with Freddie. I’m praying for him, for the healing of his sickness. My plan, my thinking is he can use Buboy to do mitts in training, supervise and watch the training, like that.

“[Roach] can rest and just watch the training, and instruct the training, strategy-wise, advise some techniques like that. Because Buboy, he knows what Freddie wants.”

Last edited:
Best news I've heard all year.

First target Broner.

then Mayweather...

and then for celebration, I'm going to cold clock @DeJulez and @Strange King and any other mark ass bitches who dare question the Pac St. Elite.

Tyson fury has hired Freddie as his cutman for the Wilder fight
Smart, catch an early headbutt above the eye, have Freddie mess things up badly, win a 5-1, 4-2 technical decision come round 6.

i kinda long for the days when guys were totally finished by 32 or so, seems like these guys are going to fight until their 64 or something.

i kinda long for the days when guys were totally finished by 32 or so, seems like these guys are going to fight until their 64 or something.
Those guys fought more back then and fought tougher fights.

most guys were run out of the sport by their thirties, the great ones managed to hang on until their mid thirties at a championship level but it's just unbecoming watching great champions get desperate for attention, don't understand why they can't humbly accept they are old and get on with their lives. Ali went through some humiliating shit trying to keep fighting, he was banned in America, actually banned in the usa from boxing anymore and he still had to go to the bahamas and try it again, it's like the old female movie stars who went crazy when they got old, gotta accept the inevitable.

Freddie must feel so happy. Like his son came home.

How warm and touching. Pac better not get too soft and comfortable with the familiar presence in his life again. He's got an experienced pro in front of him thinking he's gonna fall off, and Pac already ain't the same guy, and he ain't any younger than the last time out. Fight seems easy on paper, but Pac is very old and been though a lot of miles.

Good to hear it. They will be stronger than before. Pac will be more prepared technically and mentally for upcoming fights. Very happy to hear the news.

do we really wana see pac and floyd again? i think boxing needs to move on to the 'new' stars.

Loma
Erroll Spence
Crawford
Clenelo Alvaroids (hasnt been used in a while here Im bringing it back!)

Tyson fury has hired Freddie as his cutman for the Wilder fight

Should have hired Mikey Rella. Shameless plug but he's really good. Stopped a huge cut on Danny

Anyways I hope Pac does well. I don't know if he's still quick enough though. I certainly wouldn't mind him seeing a few paydays to fix his tax shit. He's genuinely a good dude. If he and Floyd "fight" and they will it should clear him about 34 million

Dsd9f97VsAATIk1.jpg

Leonard looks like he could breathe all he air in the room with one breath lol.

Roach Surprised By Pacquiao's Announcement, May Not Work Broner Fight

When Manny Pacquiao abruptly announced that he would be working with Freddie Roach for his upcoming fight with Adrien Broner, it took the boxing world by surprise—including Roach. Roach, the Hall of Fame trainer who transformed Pacquiao into one of the most fearsome fighters of this century, told SI.com he had no contact with Pacquiao or anyone with his team prior to the announcement and says he is undecided if he is willing to work with Pacquiao again.

“The thing is, I still have never directly spoken to Manny [since Pacquiao lost to Jeff Horn in 2017],” Roach told SI.com. “I’m not going to make a move until Manny calls me. I’ve been like a father to Manny for 15 years. If he can’t call me, there will be no deal.”

On Monday, at a press conference to promote Pacquiao’s defense of a secondary welterweight title against Broner, Pacquiao told reporters that Roach would return to his team in a supervisory role.

For his last fight, a knockout win over Lucas Matthysse, Pacquiao was trained by his longtime friend and assistant trainer, Buboy Fernandez.

“Me and Freddie, we have a good relationship since 2001,” Pacquiao said. “We don’t have problems in terms of training, sharing our knowledge about strategy, techniques in training. We don’t have problems with that.”

MANNIX: Fury Enlists Roach as Cut Man for Heavyweight Title Fight

In addressing why Roach would not be his head trainer, Pacquiao cited Roach’s health.

“Buboy and Freddie, they’re a team,” Pacquiao said. “Buboy is always there. He has experience, many fights with Freddie. So I think Freddie can instruct Buboy to do something like that. Because, you know, Freddie’s not young anymore and I’m, you know, I feel pitiful with Freddie. I’m praying for him, for the healing of his sickness. My plan, my thinking is he can use Buboy to do mitts in training, supervise and watch the training, like that.”

Roach, 58, has battled Parkinson’s disease since he was 27. Roach, though, rarely misses a day of training in his Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif., and travels the country regularly to work with young fighters. Roach was in Boston last weekend, working the corner for light heavyweight Israel Duffus in a club show. He was also recently added to Tyson Fury’s corner for Fury’s anticipated showdown with heavyweight titleholder Deontay Wilder.

On Monday, Roach received a call from Joe Ramos, the COO of Manny Pacquiao Promotions. Ramos, Roach said, broached the idea of returning to Pacquaio’s team.

Roach ended the call, quickly.

“I’m not talking to Joe Ramos,” Roach told SI.com. “Joe Ramos knows nothing about boxing. I thought Joe was the coach of [Pacquiao’s] basketball team. I don’t want to talk to Joe Ramos. I want to talk to Manny.”

While Roach is frustrated by Pacquiao’s declaration that the two would be working together again—as well as Pacquiao’s refusal to speak to him for well over a year—he says he is open to working something out.

“I’d have to hear what the details are,” Roach said. “You never know who it is coming from when you hear from his camp. I’d have to hear what he wants me to do, what he wants Buboy to do. Am I supposed to train him? Am I supposed to come up with the game plan? He has to tell me, or I won’t be there.”

He's genuinely a good dude.
meh. he's an uneducated hypocrite holding public office, and an arrogant diva when it comes to his sport career.

manny was a great fighter, but i don't know if i've seen much of him being a good dude.

I don't think Floyd vs Manny will happen again. Broner by stoppage, brutal stoppage.

Back