Pacquiao expected to return April 14, fight Lomachenko in November

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“It will be on the same night Jeff Horn and Terence Crawford will fight for the (world welterweight title),” said Arum at the American Bank Center.

“We’re just waiting and we will do the announcement once Manny’s on board,” said the 86-year-old Arum.

Arum also said that if Pacquiao wins in April he’ll fight again this November, with trainer Freddie Roach indicating that a 140lb clash with Vasyl Lomachenko being the target.

“Lomachenko’s next fight will be at 135 lbs and he and Manny will meet at 140 (later in the year),” said the Wild Card Boxing Club guru.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/2/...-return-april-14-fight-lomachenko-in-november

Pacquiao destroys Lomachenko in the first.

I'll take sig bets, account bets, avatar bets if anyone is interested.

33 year old Manny walks through Loma.

39 year old Manny? 0_o

Done. If this fight gets made at 140 at the end of the year, of course. I'll do a sig or AV and then that will allow you to take up to another two bets from other posters.

Fighting on the same night as Horn is a pure bitch move by Arum. The kid showed lots of heart. Let him have his shine for fucks sake. The entire sport of boxing will get so much better when Arum is finally burning in hell.

30-day sig bet and I'm with Loma in that one, brother.

This is such a bad idea on every single level.

- Loma will get ZERO credit from boxing fans. 'Pac is old, shot' - hell, Loma even said it himself. Pac at 140 has power, size, physicality that he didn't possess at 147, over the tiny Lomachenko. I'm not too sure if it's an easy fight for Loma.

- If the fight is at 140, now everyone has an excuse to force a fight at 140 and everyone has a reason to hate. Mikey will demand Loma fights him at 140 'because I can't make LW anymore', Crawford at 140 catchweight, Welterweights who can somehow make 140/oversized LWW's.

I've always thought Loma would be lucky to steal a belt from a belt-holder at 140. He will instead be thrown into fights at 140. Every big name at 135 in the future will only fight Loma at 140.

This is not the way to go about being a bigger draw when you're already 30 years old.

If Lomachenko beats Linares as things stand, it is an A+ win. If Mikey beats Linares, it's not as impressive, it's an A grade win - BECAUSE OF SIZE.

If Loma beats anyone decent at 140, it's going to have stratospheric effects on his resume.

5 years ago I would agree, but Loma clowns Pac at this point.

I wish Pac would just make his next fight his retirement fight. He's done more than enough in his time and doesn't need more late career losses.

I hope he just retires. He's been my favorite fighter since he smacked the shit outta Ledwaba but it's time to shut the curtain on this career.

So that means this card is gonna be a PPV

Bullshit. We've been hearing for years how Pac was going back to 140. It ain't happening.

Its a shit fight though still better than Mickey vs Limpnuts.

I hope he fights Mikey at 135 before Manny at 140.

I'm pretty skeptical that this happens.

I hate this fight as I hate my job. Fortunately, it's not quite as real.

Bullshit. We've been hearing for years how Pac was going back to 140. It ain't happening.
I'm in agreement with you for a change. I just don't see old Pac getting down to 140. He hasn't been 140 for over 8 years now.

Last edited:
Back