Pacquiao confirms #PacKhan talks

What happened to the Australian guy?

Not enough money for Pac. A fight with horn would never generate enough revenue to pay Pac 10 mil, let alone 20. With Khan, there's at least a chance.

He's fighting Bob Arum.
The NSAC has expressed its willingness to actually sanction that one.
Waiting for official confirmation though.

Khan (who brutally Kayoed in his last fight) seemed to be bad choice from Pacquiao (despite fan intrest) because he (Amir) has not chance to win. Horn - another bad option (noname with no experience on high level). I wanna see Pacquiao against Errol Spence or Terence Crawford, and shortly after (if he won) - with Mickey Garcia, Danny Garcia/Keith Thruman winner, Vasyl Lomachenko (if he moved up in weight on schedule)... Manny has no much time left and I think that wasting time with low quality opposition is stupid choice

Last edited:
He's fighting Bob Arum.

You mean the Horn fight? I thought that was going to be in Dubai or Hong Kong. Why is the NSAC willing to sanction a fight that wasn't suppose to happen in Nevada?

Ah well. I get to see Khan KO'd by one of my fav boxers but now it's even less likely that Khan vs. Brook will ever happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Khan retires after another nasty KO and a big payday.

Ah well. I get to see Khan KO'd by one of my fav boxers but now it's even less likely that Khan vs. Brook will ever happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Khan retires after another nasty KO and a big payday.

You think Pac will KO him for sure? It's not impossible, no doubt (I'd say 40/60 in favor) but they're also two guys who know each other really well and Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in awhile. Khan is going to get dropped and wobbled for sure. But given that he's felt it all before and knows what's coming - and the fact that he survives pretty well after getting hurt - I'm not sure Pac puts Amir out entirely.

I'd love to see it, though.

edit: shit time flies. Manny hasn't kod anyone in over 7 years.

I'd watch this fight much better than Horn
Any word on the venue location?

He's fighting Bob Arum.
You mean the Horn fight? I thought that was going to be in Dubai or Hong Kong. Why is the NSAC willing to sanction a fight that wasn't suppose to happen in Nevada?

No.
I mean that he's literally fighting Bob Arum.
Bob done lost his mind and is claiming this is a 50-50 fight. Oscar De La Hoya's offered to be the one training him cuz he's claiming he's got the Blueprint to Beat Manny or something.
Plus he's promising a fight with Canelo if Bob wins......or looses. Canelo has confirmed this on his official Twitter handle. He said (and I quote) "Let's do this, senor. It's for our legacy, man. Mehicans don fk around, ese !" and "Yo quiro Tac....Bob Arum, andale andale, Areeeba !"

Golovkin was, in his interview on the BBC said verbatim "This is a direct and disconcerting attack on my stated position of assimilating all the sport of boxing titles. I and the people of Kazakhstan are supremely disappointed in the continuing shenanigans of Canelo Alvarez."

Freddy Roach though is guaranteeing a Manny knockout. But with his track record.....I dunno. Could be Wolf Tickets.

Memo Heredia's in competition with the Team That Built the Six Million Dollar Man to be the S&C / Nutrition trainer for Team Arum.

Steve Smoger might be the official ref.

That's all I know.

Khan (who brutally Kayoed in his last fight) seemed to be bad choice from Pacquiao (despite fan intrest) because he (Amir) has not chance to win. Horn - another bad option (noname with no experience on high level). I wanna see Pacquiao against Errol Spence or Terence Crawford, and shortly after (if he won) - with Mickey Garcia, Danny Garcia/Keith Thruman winner, Vasyl Lomachenko (if he moved up in weight on schedule)... Manny has no much time left and I think that wasting time with low quality opposition is stupid choice
I don't think he has as much time left as you think. Maybe Crawford, Garcia or Loma as a last hurrah but even those fights are dangerous for him. He should avoid big guys or young studs. He's at the end of his career. Hopefully he follows Mayweather's example and not Jones'.

You think Pac will KO him for sure? It's not impossible, no doubt (I'd say 40/60 in favor) but they're also two guys who know each other really well and Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in awhile. Khan is going to get dropped and wobbled for sure. But given that he's felt it all before and knows what's coming - and the fact that he survives pretty well after getting hurt - I'm not sure Pac puts Amir out entirely.

I'd love to see it, though.

edit: shit time flies. Manny hasn't kod anyone in over 7 years.

Didn't realise it has been that long ago that Manny knocked someone out. But I think Manny has enough power to TKO Khan given that Khan has a less than stellar chin and Manny can hit. I think that fact that Khan tends to get wiped out by counter punches which increases the effective power of the attacker will result in KO and at least a stoppage. Waiting for Khan to do his best Bambi impression.

Does Khan get a football helmet?

It's a done deal for April 23. I'm pretty hyped. Pac needs to end his KO drought.

Last edited:
Back