Pacquiao, Arum Meeting - 3 Fights Wanted, No Deal Made

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
According to Arum, Pacquiao wants to fight three more times - once in 2018, twice in 2019, and then the 39-year-old fighter will retire for good.

“[The meeting was] very cordial and informative,” Arum told The Manila Bulletin. “We know what he wants. He wants a fight this year and two more next year and then Sayonara.”

Pacquiao_Wildcard_150423_001a%20(720x476).jpg

There were no deals made at the meeting.

Pacquiao wants to fight again on a date in December. No opponent is known as of yet.

Arum has two fighters that he's willing to match Pacquiao against - WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford and WBA lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko.

A member of Team Pacquiao spoke to the Philippine Star and said - “Nothing was sealed. It was really a simple visit. Bob Arum reiterated that he’s willing to help in any future plans of Manny Pacquiao. But nothing was finalized."

Arum had promoted Pacquiao for over a decade, but the Filipino fighter began to move away from Top Rank in the aftermath of his twelve round decision loss to Jeff Horn in July 2017.

The recent meeting was the first time Arum and Pacquiao saw each other since the Horn fight in Brisbane.

Pacquiao returned to the ring last month in Malaysia - as part of a card which he personally promoted through his own company, MP Promotions. He stopped Lucas Matthysse in seven rounds to capture the WBA "regular" welterweight title. It was his first knockout victory since November of 2009.

Arum's company was in charge of the broadcasting rights in the United States, and placed the bout on ESPN+.

The boxer recently took to social media to make it known, in a very firm manner, that he was a free agent.

“I, through MP Promotions, will be handling any and all negotiations for my next fight. Nobody is authorized to speak on my behalf. You know my number, call me,” Pacquiao wrote on social media.

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom recently revealed that he's trying to sign Pacquiao to appear on DAZN, which is a new streaming service set to launch next month. Hearn's company signed a multi-year deal to provide content to DAZN and he wants Pacquiao to be a featured fighter on the service.

DAZN will be a direct competitor to ESPN+, which is ESPN's new streaming service which made it's debut in June. Arum's company has an exclusive deal to provide content to ESPN.

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-arum-meeting-3-fights-wanted-no-deal-made--130807

I can see Hearn stealing manny to dazn

Pacquiao-Berto or Pacquiao-Broner in December

If Eddie wants to sign Manny he will do - SIMPLE AS.

According to Arum, Pacquiao wants to fight three more times - once in 2018, twice in 2019, and then the 39-year-old fighter will retire for good.

“[The meeting was] very cordial and informative,” Arum told The Manila Bulletin. “We know what he wants. He wants a fight this year and two more next year and then Sayonara.”

Pacquiao_Wildcard_150423_001a%20(720x476).jpg

There were no deals made at the meeting.

Pacquiao wants to fight again on a date in December. No opponent is known as of yet.

Arum has two fighters that he's willing to match Pacquiao against - WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford and WBA lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko.

A member of Team Pacquiao spoke to the Philippine Star and said - “Nothing was sealed. It was really a simple visit. Bob Arum reiterated that he’s willing to help in any future plans of Manny Pacquiao. But nothing was finalized."

Arum had promoted Pacquiao for over a decade, but the Filipino fighter began to move away from Top Rank in the aftermath of his twelve round decision loss to Jeff Horn in July 2017.

The recent meeting was the first time Arum and Pacquiao saw each other since the Horn fight in Brisbane.

Pacquiao returned to the ring last month in Malaysia - as part of a card which he personally promoted through his own company, MP Promotions. He stopped Lucas Matthysse in seven rounds to capture the WBA "regular" welterweight title. It was his first knockout victory since November of 2009.

Arum's company was in charge of the broadcasting rights in the United States, and placed the bout on ESPN+.

The boxer recently took to social media to make it known, in a very firm manner, that he was a free agent.

“I, through MP Promotions, will be handling any and all negotiations for my next fight. Nobody is authorized to speak on my behalf. You know my number, call me,” Pacquiao wrote on social media.

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom recently revealed that he's trying to sign Pacquiao to appear on DAZN, which is a new streaming service set to launch next month. Hearn's company signed a multi-year deal to provide content to DAZN and he wants Pacquiao to be a featured fighter on the service.

DAZN will be a direct competitor to ESPN+, which is ESPN's new streaming service which made it's debut in June. Arum's company has an exclusive deal to provide content to ESPN.

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-arum-meeting-3-fights-wanted-no-deal-made--130807

I can see Hearn stealing manny to dazn
I think Crawford would beat a prime Manny never mind an aged Manny. I say this despite Manny being one of my favourite fighters of all time. The Loma fight is a strange one, what weight division would this be at?

I think Crawford would beat a prime Manny never mind an aged Manny. I say this despite Manny being one of my favourite fighters of all time. The Loma fight is a strange one, what weight division would this be at?
it'd be at 140 or 142 catchweight maybe.

retire for good...

okay then

I'd like him to rematch Horn if he deals with Arum. A fight with Khan would be great too. Get it done Hearn.

Pac's been loyal to Arum for a very longtime now. Pay the guy, try to help him with his debt, give him a few softballs for once, and let him go on his way.

I'm no Pac hugger but the guy's a legend and he's made Arum a fuck ton of money. Just take the business hat off for once and give him a decent deal so he can pay off some of his debts. The guy's one of the true warriors of this generation.

Love or hate him based on all that he's done in and for this sport, he deserves a check that's worth more than he is at this point in his career.

Back