Pacman vs JMM

Going through the past few pages of this thread, I cannot believe how much negativity there is!

Seriously what the fuck? We've just seen two of the best putting up a great fight for the fans, and we have to bitch about being robbed, etc... then go on bashing Mexicans? Both showed good offense and good counterpunching and I loved it! It was a very close fight and I would have preferred to see a draw, but if Marquez won I wouldn't complain because that's the judges' opinion.

Can't we all just get along?

Pac also had JMM in bad trouble again aside from the knockdown.

And JMM had Pac in trouble twice. Unlike Pac however, in the 10th round when JMM was said to be in trouble he made Pac miss and landed punches that cause Manny to be tenative the rest of the round. This as opposed to when JMM hurt Manny in the 8th and Manny backed up the whole time. Didnt want to engage and landed 8 punches. If you look at the 10th round that people are saying JMM was badly hurt JMM has firing shots back immediately. You dont score on how Manny times a fighter is hurt in two rounds. Thats like saying Lluevano should have lost because he got KD and got buzzed a couple times in that fight. It's ridiculous how people bring the "he got hurt more" arguent like they're novices when it comes to watching boxing.

How many times did Peter KD Klit? Was anyone saying that Klit should have lost because he got hurt more? No. How many times did Jose Louis Lopez hurt Page and Quartey? People still bitch about him getting that draw against Ike and no one says he deserved to win against Paige.

Another thing that's funny is that people claiming "Manny did more damage" are the same people who say Taylor got robbed and desrved to win because he boxed masterfully yet spent a month in the hospital. :rolleyes:

Going through the past few pages of this thread, I cannot believe how much negativity there is!

Seriously what the fuck? We've just seen two of the best putting up a great fight for the fans, and we have to bitch about being robbed, etc... then go on bashing Mexicans? Both showed good offense and good counterpunching and I loved it! It was a very close fight and I would have preferred to see a draw, but if Marquez won I wouldn't complain because that's the judges' opinion.

Can't we all just get along?

Amen to this.

And JMM had Pac in trouble twice. Unlike Pac however, in the 10th round when JMM was said to be in trouble he made Pac miss and landed punches that cause Manny to be tenative the rest of the round. This as opposed to when JMM hurt Manny in the 8th and Manny backed up the whole time. Didnt want to engage and landed 8 punches. If you look at the 10th round that people are saying JMM was badly hurt JMM has firing shots back immediately. You dont score on how Manny times a fighter is hurt in two rounds. Thats like saying Lluevano should have lost because he got KD and got buzzed a couple times in that fight. It's ridiculous how people bring the "he got hurt more" arguent like they're novices when it comes to watching boxing.

No one said the scoring was based on that alone. Don't even know why you're jumping to that conclusion on a single statement of mine, I was just pointing it out because the person before me didn't mention it. My personal scores on the fight are posted for all to see, including the when and why.

How many times did Peter KD Klit? Was anyone saying that Klit should have lost because he got hurt more? No. How many times did Jose Louis Lopez hurt Page and Quartey? People still bitch about him getting that draw against Ike and no one says he deserved to win against Paige.

I did have him winning against Ike, and thought that was blatant favoratism towards Ike to score the fight as dramatically as they did for him, which is backed by the changing of the scores to rule it a draw. Never saw the Paige fight so can't comment on it.

Another thing that's funny is that people claiming "Manny did more damage" are the same people who say Taylor got robbed and desrved to wim because he boxed masterfully yet spent a month in the hospital.

Well, don't cry about that to me because one thing you'll never hear from me is "Taylor", "got" and "robbed" in that particular order in any sentence, ever.

all im going to say now is stop crying cuz JMM lost, i scored it and saw pacquiao winning by 1, which a couple of rounds i gave to JMM in the close rounds because he threw a good counter, i thought the ruling was fair

the decision could have gone either way..it depends on the judges..the 2 judges prefer the aggressive and the quality power punching of pac the other judge prefers the more skillful classic out boxed counter punching of marquez.. boxing changed a lot these days more and more judges prefer the aggressive type of fighters...

- end of discussion here, no one should post after this -

Sadly, this is how it always is.

I remember when Floyd and DLH were going to fight. Every African-American that I asked picked Mayweather. Every Mexican-American picked Oscar.

Im mexican and put big money on mayweather, its not all about nationality, sure most of the time i root for my country men. but i try to be objective and are most of the time. if marquez would have been black, white, yellow or green i would have still gave him the fight.

i bet $100 with one of the cooks at my job who is filipino and he told me that him and most of his filipino family tought manny got lucky he got the decision

They may do it again based on recent reports (even Roach says if the price is right), so all the bitching can get settled.

Im mexican and put big money on mayweather, its not all about nationality, sure most of the time i root for my country men. but i try to be objective and are most of the time. if marquez would have been black, white, yellow or green i would have still gave him the fight.

Most Mexicans don't even consider De La Hoya Mexican...

One of the best, no, greatest fights I've witnessed in quite some time.

So glad the ref didn't stop it due to the cuts.

Back